Start by marking “Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Divine By Choice (Partholon, #2)

Divine By Choice (Partholon #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  7,153 Ratings  ·  295 Reviews
After being mistaken for a goddess in the mythic world of Partholon, high school English teacher Shannon Parker settled in. She adores her sexy centaur husband, is getting used to her connection to the powerful goddess Epona and thoroughly enjoys the pampering from both! All is looking very right in her worlduntil she is wrenched from Partholon and sent back to Oklahoma.

Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Divine By Choice, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Char
For my full review please visit my blog: From the Shadows I review

Now for the first time in my blog's history I must star with an apology. My opinion on this books is very low and in order to get my main point across there will be a spoiler.

So I'm going to start with my main point and I have to say I feel very strongly about this. Rhiannon's downfall is sickening, I mean this I felt physically sick as I read about Rhiannon as a teenage girl being raped by a man wearing a dead horse's head. I'm
Tina
Aug 09, 2009 Tina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy, own-it
I was drawn to this series because I adore Partholon. Unfortunately, this book takes place mostly back in Oklahoma. I found those scenes boring and tended to skim through most of that section.

*SPOILER BELOW*

I'm having a hard time understanding and accepting Shannon's reasoning for sleeping with Clint. She was only parted from Clanfinton for what 3 or 4 days? Seems her and Rhiannon have more in common than she would care to admit.

Would I recommend? If you don't mind the setting in Oklahoma, try i
Gina
Jul 30, 2016 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-2016
Loving this series!!! Right when I'm thinking nothing else is going to happen, what do you know, "It does"!! Cast is amazing!!I Love how effortless the story just flows!! I Love the mix of characters!! This is a steady and smooth read!!
Merve Aslankılıç
Kitabın sonunda salya sümük ağladım desem yeridir. Uzun zamandır ilk defa bir kitap beni bu denli duygulandırdı. Ne diyebilirim ki, harika bir kitaptı. İlk kitaptan daha akıcı gitti bu. Belki de konuya adapte olduğum için bana öyle geldi, bilmiyorum. Tek şey var; sanırım bu benim favori serim olacak.
Suzi
Mar 22, 2008 Suzi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Jen
Mar 06, 2010 Jen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, crap
What I learnt? Nothing. Just that PC Cast while funny in turn, is also ridiculously disney slapped.
Shannan
P.C. Cast has become one of my favorite authors lately. I love the Partholon adult novels that she is writing and truly feel the characters are real and believable. Unfortunately, Divine by Choice didn’t knock my socks off. No matter how much I wanted it to do so.

Shannon is pulled back to Oklahoma through a divide in the trees. She quickly learns that all is not right in Oklahoma where her family and friends have been betrayed by Shannon’s look-alike Rhiannon. Something evil has been called and
Darcy
This book picks up with Shannon/Rhea a few months after the last one. She has fully settled into her new world and her new role as the Beloved. With ClanFintan gone for a month cleaning up the mess from the war Rhea is on her own, with some new worries. The very night that ClanFintan comes home she makes a startling discovery that will bring great changes to her and the world around her.

While on a ride with her horse, Epi, Rhea discovers trees that seem very much like those back home in OK. Whil
Moni_qe
Jul 12, 2010 Moni_qe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never has a fantasy world enthralled me as much as this one! (or at least not since i was a teen lol) When I read the first book I would wake up in the morning and my mind would immediately start wondering about Rhea and ClanFintan. I enjoyed it so so much! So when I finished it I was totally content with the ending. I then went to swop it with book 2 on my bookshelf. Did not intend to start reading it until at least the next day until...I READ THE BACK of the book which I hate doing when readin ...more
Liliana Pinto
Depois de ter lido o livro "Divina por engano" fiquei um pouco com o pé atrás devido à personagem principal.
Quis ler este livro para conseguir perceber se havia (na minha opinião) melhorias relativamente a Shannon e não é que houve?

Seis meses depois do término do livro "Divina por engano", Shannon Parker descobre que está grávida. Mas também descobre que Nuada não está tão morto como aparenta. Depois de ser sugada de volta para Oklahoma, Shannon tem de tomar a maior decisão da sua vida: ficar o
Mel
Jan 08, 2010 Mel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Nicola
I am caught between giving this either three or four stars. It was good but it was not amazing. I do love the writing style in these books- it's really simple and flows really well. It makes the books a pleasure to read. However, I didn't like the fact that I was over one hundred pages into the book before the events from the description began happening. I felt like I was spending too long waiting for the actual story to begin. Once back in her own world, I felt Shannon made a lot of questionabl ...more
Lori Whitwam
The second in the Shannon/Rhiannon series by P.C. Cast. Picture ancient Scotland and mythological Greece, and you'll have a good idea of where Oklahoma schoolteacher Shannon Parker finds herself when a nasty divine entity switches places with her. Luckily, it turns out that was the Goddess's (who Rhiannon represented in their world) really wanted, as Shannon is the true "Beloved of Epona."

Review: Still very good, a fascinating world/situation, though I wish this one happened more in the fantasy
Adrielle
At this stage the series is still ok. Shannon is still in the mythical world and decides to play by the rules while she is there. She has a centaur husband, who is actually quite spectacular. He knows her story and loves her. However, I feel that I'm going to end up dropping a blah sooner or later.
Athena
Jun 10, 2010 Athena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No no no no no. I can't say it enough. This book was terrible. It actuay encourages adultery and even rape. Seriously, rape is ok if a goddess is making you do it?? Oh, and if you know your girlfriend is going to leave you to go back to her husband, its ok to kill yourself?? Wow, I', just not sure if I'll be reading anything else by this author. I was thoroughly disgusted!
Hilda
Aug 20, 2008 Hilda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sequel to "Goddess By Mistake" was just as wonderful as the first book for me :) I really like this author and have already stocked my TBR shelf with a bunch of books by her.

I think she is becoming one of my favorite authors right next to Sandra Brown, Audrey Niffenger, Alice Sebold, Stephenie Meyer, and Nora Roberts :)
Diana Laura
Leí el libro sin leer la sinopsis porque bueno creí que eran diferentes diosas y este es el segundo pero de nuevo fue sobre Shannon creo que fue mas emocionante el primero y el punto que lo hizo mas malo fue Clint y su "mi niña" y aunque fue gracioso al principio se volvió irritante con forme mas lo decía.
Dragana
Sivakami
Aug 10, 2011 Sivakami rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'll tell you this, its worse than the first one. I mean its utter nonsense. I mean, what kind of goddess asks someone to sleep with another guy when she is pregnant with someone else's baby????
Tahnee
Jul 04, 2012 Tahnee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book, was a great insight and history of Rhiannon!! Into Divine by Blood already, what a great series!
Hannah
So sad, I really wasn't sure how it was going to end. Love is a tragic thing. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book.

Lacy
Mar 02, 2010 Lacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
P.C. Cast has outdone herself with this one. I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
Jessica
Oct 27, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series... for once I agree with the actions of the main character and I can read along and simply enjoy the ride :)
Sheina
Nov 24, 2008 Sheina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. It kept my interest throughout and I am excited to read the next one.
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 Sandy S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DIVINE BY CHOICE by PC Cast

Divine by Choice is the second book in PC Cast’s Divine series. The continuing story of Shannon Parker and Clanfintan, but Divine by Choice returns Shannon to her own time period and the man who is the mirror image of her husband.

Shannon Parker, aka the high priestess Lady Rhiannon to the people of Patholon, is sick. With an unexplained stomach ailment and her shape-shifting centaur husband away with his troops, Shannon fights a battle with lethargy, nausea and weight
Vanessa
Depois de um primeiro livro muito peculiar, fiquei muito contente quando soube que o segundo volume da intitulada "Série Divina" seria lançado já durante este mês de Janeiro pois estava realmente curiosa para ler a continuação desta história - e, tal como já esperava, deparei-me com outro livro bem divertido!

Este é um livro que, apesar de ser claramente distinto do anterior, mantém os mesmos ingredientes que o primeiro pois encontra-se repleto de aventura, mistério, humor, romance e muitas revel
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
Natasha
Jun 16, 2017 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I do so love this series. This second book I did enjoy. I wasn't a fan of the main character cheating with the human man who was the mirror of her husband, but I loved everything else about this book.
Luisa
Jan 20, 2017 Luisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and cooky. I enjoyed this book :)
Iris
Deze recensie is als eerste geplaatst op Carpe Libra

Na het herlezen van het wederom hilarische en geweldige eerste deel had ik natuurlijk ontzettend veel zin om ook het tweede deel, Godin uit Vrije Wil te herlezen. Echt, als je eenmaal in aanraking bent gekomen met Shannons humor, wil je gewoon meer! Bovendien kosten alle delen in deze leuke serie maar €10,- per stuk! Daar kun je ze toch zeker niet voor laten liggen? Oftewel, Partholon, here I come!

Godin uit Vrije Wil

De achtbaan van het plotse

The Ultimate ABC ...: Divine by Choice - P.C. Cast 1 6 Mar 14, 2012 05:08PM
So Many Books, So...: What do you think of Rihannon?? 1 7 Nov 20, 2011 08:13PM
  • In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • The Dawn Star (Lost Continent, #3)
  • Shadows of Prophecy
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • High Stakes & Hunted (Vampire Beach, #5-6)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Song of Unmaking
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Gossamyr (Changelings, #2)
  • Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • The House of Gaian (Tir Alainn, #3)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)
  • The Haunting (Sisters of Isis, #4)
  • Het levende labyrint (De verborgen universiteit, #2)
  • The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker (Strangely Beautiful, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Partholon (5 books)
  • Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1)
  • Divine By Blood (Partholon, #3)
  • Elphame's Choice (Partholon, #4)
  • Brighid's Quest (Partholon, #5)

“Your dad would stake me out to freeze if I let you fall and hurt yourself." He offered me his arm, which I latched onto gratefully.
"He wouldn't stake you out," I panted as we forced our way through the hard top layer of snow that was almost thigh deep. "He'd just shoot you."
"Well that's a comfort.”
19 likes
“Oh, God, Shannon. You're blowing my mind." Clint's morning voice was rich with passion.
I wanted to correct him and explain that it wasn't his mind I was blowing, but my mother had taught me it was impolite to speak when one's mouth was full...”
12 likes