Oh No Everything is Wet Now

Oh No Everything is Wet Now

4.85 of 5 stars 4.85  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  7 reviews
An electronic telenovela in verse. Oh No Everything Is Wet Now is a forking maze of sincerity, video poetry, luchador masks, one hundred thousand cupcakes, and Google Image Search returns. From the hearts and minds of Richard Chiem and Ana Carrete to the weakness in your knees.
ebook
Published May 2011 by Magic Helicopter Press

M.
May 20, 2011 M. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This is exciting. There are quiet words, a potential melodrama between a man and a lady, but the explosive format is what really makes it. We scroll around a webpage punctuated with text, google image search screenshots, and youtube videos in which the authors reading their words are non-diegetically laid over footage of the authors walking around.
Matt Margo
I read this chapbook on Wednesday, May 18, 2011, and now, as I write this review on Saturday, May 21, 2011, I'm still thinking about Oh No Everything Is Wet Now. Its two prolific authors, Ana C. and Richard Chiem, are young and more or less belong to the desensitized generation about which they write; not that they themselves are similarly bored or constricted to the sort of emotional wandering found within the characters in this chapbook, just that they know such characters well and can probabl...more
Russ
A telenovela-inspired plot told through videos and stories and images, navigated by scrolling around a giant page and following (or not following) lines. This is incredible and wonderful and incrediful and wonderble.
James Payne
I started reading the part about the party and it made me think of this party I recently attended where everyone was on MDMA and then the second paragraph said the characters were on MDMA and I thought, "Wow, skilled depiction re: MDMA parties." I like everything else about it as well.
Adam
Loved it. New kind of way to read a book or something $$$$
Megan Luke
Megan Luke marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Lizbell
Lizbell marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Amelia Hickel
Amelia Hickel marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
rachel
rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Kristina Elhauge
Kristina Elhauge marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Charles Young
Charles Young marked it as to-read
May 01, 2013
J.
J. added it
Mar 08, 2013
Taylor Boone
Taylor Boone marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2013
N Jones
N Jones marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Milkbox
Milkbox marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
baby babe Baby Babe Cityscapes VOMIT (Antología de joven poesía norteamericana) Ficción rara