Start by marking “The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook: Great-Tasting Recipes that Keep You Lean!” as Want to Read:
The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook: Great-Tasting Recipes that Keep You Lean!

The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook: Great-Tasting Recipes that Keep You Lean!

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  895 Ratings  ·  56 Reviews
Contains low-fat beef, pork, chicken and fish dinners, protein-rich meat-free recipes and Gluten-free meals. This book presents tips on eating clean in difficult situations and time saving one-dish meals for busy moms.
Published September 9th 2007 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook

Ladiibbug
Feb 23, 2010 Ladiibbug rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone Interested in Healthy Eating
Recommended to Ladiibbug by: KimN
This is an excellent cookbook for anyone interested in preparing highly nutritious real food and eliminating processed, canned and frozen food along with the chemicals, additives, fat, sugar, salt, etc. that are so unhealthy. This is what "Eating Clean" means.

The overall eating plan features lean protein, healthy whole grains, a wide variety of veggies and fruit. Recipes for breads, muffins & desserts are included, using healthy whole grains, low sugar, low fat and low calories.

I am absolute
Tara
Apr 19, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
I really thought eating clean was going to be a lot harder than it was. I was never really taught how to cook growing up. As soon as I moved out and asked others how to cook this or that I was told "read the box". For the first time in my life I started getting migraines and had no idea why. Years later I found out that MSG was the main culprit. Along the years I have taught myself how to cook (pretty well I might add) and try to avoid processed foods when possible. This cookbook has some great ...more
Kristi
Apr 19, 2010 Kristi rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult, nonfiction
This was recommended to me by a personal trainer. I just started browsing through it this weekend, and I'm not sure how much I will even try - there are so many ingredients that I've never heard of, and a lot of ingredients that don't appeal to me. That said, there were some things that looked good enough to try - plus, the overall message of cooking your own food with wholesome ingredients to avoid preservatives and chemicals in prepackaged foods is a good one.
When I try some recipes I'll revi
Allie
Aug 12, 2009 Allie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Overall, this is book was ok. The recipes I tried were good, but I do have a bit of a bone to pick.
First, many of the ingredients were hard to find. I am all for trying new things, but it's a bit frustrating when you can't find the right ingredients.
Second, she included the amount of servings per dish, the calorie count per serving, but not the actual serving size on most recipes. This is rather frustrating.
Third, many of the recipes were seemingly over-complicated (i.e. making yogurt cheese for
Alicia
Mar 25, 2014 Alicia rated it it was amazing
My favorite cook book. I've been using it for years! I freeze the meals. The crock pot oatmeal & the flax cookies are the best !
Kimberly Lloyd
May 22, 2011 Kimberly Lloyd rated it liked it
I have a signed copy, Tosca is a very fit and beautiful lady. I love the book, although I think she adds far too many ingredients to foods/ recipes with the goal to 'make them healthier'. I love a 5 ingredient recipe, there are probably only a hanful of these in this cookbood. Clean eating doesnt have to be this involved. If I were new to the fitness world and picked up this book I would give up. But having a good idea what to eat and not to eat already, I can take the recipes with a grain of sa ...more
Cora Rainock oaks
May 01, 2014 Cora Rainock oaks rated it it was amazing
Love this woman!
hissi
May 04, 2013 hissi rated it it was amazing
One of the few cook books that teach you how healthy eating isn't boring as everyone might think. I tried the biscotti recipe and it was a success. I dont encourage white flour or sugar in my recipes so i have to say I'm a little surprised when I see them listed in the ingredients. I suppose she's trying to ease people into healthy eating. Your pallet needs to adjust to real good and real flavor which might take some time. Nevertheless this is a precious book to be sure
Kristin
May 28, 2008 Kristin rated it really liked it
This book was a surprise to me. I have been trying to cook with more whole grains and with less processed ingredients. I entered "natural foods" at my library's database and this book popped up. It sounded a bit odd to me. Eat clean? But, I checked it out and was so pleasantly surprised. I have little post-its on about 20 pages to try out some new recipes. I've tried two within the last week and have loved them! I'm going to have to renew this one.
Kate
Jan 15, 2013 Kate rated it did not like it
This cookbook was okay. Glad I just checked it out from the library & didn't buy it, though. The recipes were a bit complicated from other clean books I have. Also the recipes seemed to contain an awful lot of ingredients! Last, some of the ingredients were difficult to find & I live in a huge, unique city surrounded by all types of different grocers! I think the recipes can no simplified, I definitely wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Mindy
Apr 01, 2008 Mindy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: health nuts
I'm trying to cook more (Ok... cook period. I am not a big maker of meals.) and eat less processed foodstuffs. This book has some really good recipes and big colorful photos of each dish. I need photos - I'm very visual.

It's also not all common-sense recipes (salad! salad with chicken on it! salad with tuna on it!) like some "eat healthy" cookbooks. She has creative ideas for getting more protein and veggies into things.
Gail
Jul 04, 2014 Gail rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Joni
Sep 17, 2010 Joni rated it liked it
Shelves: baking-cooking, 2010
This book has some decent looking recipes but I think some of the author's logic or research is flawed. For example, she talks about avoiding refined sugar, but then calls for brown sugar (a refined sugar) in several recipes. She also seems to rely a little too heavily on soy products and has a strange aversion to egg yolks (which current research does not support).

Not one I'd buy...
Ajoque
Sep 04, 2008 Ajoque rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone sick of dieting but looking for a healthier relationship with food.
Recommended to Ajoque by: From the message boards at Beachbody
My kind of cookbook exactly! I honestly believe that a cookbook should have pictures of what you are making. And in this book all 150 (or more) recipes have pictures! COLORED PICTURES!! Amazing! Not only that but the pictures are so vivid and enticing that it makes eating healthy look so good. Which makes you want to try everything, and when you do you'll love it.
Emily
Oct 12, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
I collect cookbooks and bought this for the recipes before learning anything about the actual DIET. It is basic recipes that use fresh ingredients with few preservatives and chemical substitutes for flavor. I am a huge fan! One of my favorite in my collection of over 20 cookbooks.
Supachick
Aug 11, 2008 Supachick rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it - its my number one cookbook - epitomises everything I look for in healthy eating.
There is now a clean eating magazine too - which I have subscribed to so I can be inspired with new recipes regularly - but I've been waiting for nearly 3 months for it too arrive!
Carolyn
Dec 21, 2008 Carolyn rated it liked it
Shelves: vegetarian
I think this is a great book for those who want to eat healthy and don't mind eating meat or fish, but it's too meat-heavy for this vegan. However, all the friends I've loaned it to have loved it and gone out to buy their own copy. However, none of them are vegans.
Smdc
May 12, 2008 Smdc rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Smdc by: Mom
So far, I've tried 4 recipes in the book, and they are all great! Even DD likes them. I've tweaked them a little here and there according to our taste, but overall, they are very tasty recipes! (And, BTW, a good way to use lots of food storage items!)
Katie
Feb 05, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
There were some (not a lot) recipes that looked good. I tried a few but wasn't impressed - I'd never make them again. I don't intend to try any more.

It really didn't describe the diet - seems like it assumes you read the earlier books.

kim
Jul 23, 2008 kim rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to kim by: saw it in Oxygen Magazine
Awesome cookbook! Would recommend to anyone! I never cooked before and have found the recipes fairly easy and mostly tasty. Based on this lifestyle of eating, I have lost 10 pounds and dropped my cholesterol over 50 points! Enjoy!
Erin
Nov 05, 2007 Erin added it
Shelves: food
I'm trying to change my eating patterns to become a little more energy efficient. The food looks pretty good (although definitely different than what i'm used to!) so I'll try a few recipes and see how it goes.
Amy
Apr 13, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: health
The food in here actually looks good, and I'm excited to actually cook this stuff. It seems like everything has so many ingredients but maybe having too few ingredients is why my cooking tastes so bad.
Kina
Sep 30, 2010 Kina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this cookbook! My kids love the breakfast cookies and I usually cook at least 2-3 recipes from it every week; sometimes much more. If you want your family healthy and feeling good, try this!
Brindi
this is a staple I'd like to have in my cookbook collection. although I wouldn't make, nor could I afford, some of the meals. Most of them I'd love to try!
Jessica Liew
Feb 16, 2013 Jessica Liew rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Loads of recipes so you will definitely get your money's worth. Full-colour photos for every recipe. Wonderful for experienced and beginner clean eaters.
Michelle Martin
Aug 12, 2010 Michelle Martin rated it it was amazing
awesome cook book with many good recipes and a few GROSS ones....the ECD does not count calories which is nice...but maybe not working for me!
Jami
Aug 22, 2008 Jami rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health, how-to, food
Most of my meals come from clean eating techniques and this book makes me find new and creative ways to integrate the many foods I love.
Marlene
Apr 21, 2013 Marlene rated it really liked it
This book has some good recipes but also some that I know I will never try. A lot of them use items you need to get at speciality stores.
Emily
Feb 06, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: food, health
Quick, easy, healthy recipes with nutritional content included for each. Over half of recipes are vegetarian, and many are vegan.
Tanya
Feb 11, 2008 Tanya is currently reading it
Just bought this book, it has a lot of good tips and great recipes. The recipes are easy and almost follow a macrobiotic diet.
  • The Best Of Clean Eating: Over 200 Mouthwatering Recipes To Keep You Lean And Healthy
  • The UltraMetabolism Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes that Will Turn on Your Fat-Burning DNA
  • Vegetable Soups from Deborah Madison's Kitchen
  • Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy, Delicious Eating with 500 Recipes, Menus, Meal Planning, Techniques, Buying
  • Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine
  • So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week
  • The South Beach Diet Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide: The Complete and Easy Reference for All Your Favorite Foods
  • Classic Indian Vegetarian and Grain Cooking
  • The New Vegetarian Epicure: Menus--With 325 All-New Recipes--For Family and Friends
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • The Ayurvedic Cookbook
  • 5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
  • Cook 1.0: A Fresh Approach to the Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Green Smoothie Revolution: The Radical Leap Towards Natural Health
Former overweight Canadian woman. Now an expert on dieting and an columnist for Oxygen magazine.
More about Tosca Reno...