Start by marking “Murder in House” as Want to Read:
Murder in House

Murder in House (Ellie Quicke #10)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ellie Quicke is back - Ellie and her new husband Thomas are called to deal with student Ursula, who has staged a sit-in at church. Ursula challenges Ellie to solve three mysteries: a broken engagement, a disappearance and a death. As she investigates, Ellie suspects there is more to these events than anyone is admitting. Soon she finds her own friends and family targeted,...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Severn House Digital (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Murder in House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder in House

Damaskcat
Ellie's new husband Thomas presents her with a mystery to solve though she'd much rather keep warm and fight her terrible cold. Ursula has staged a sit in at a local church and asks Ellie if she can find her friend Mia who has disappeared and solve a murder which has been treated as an accident by the police. In the course of her investigations Ellie comes up against some extremely unpleasant so-called pillars of the community and finds herself trying to unravel a mystery which is much more comp...more
bookme4life
Lynda
I have missed reading this series since moving south. I interlibraryloaned this one and it was well worth the wait. Ellie Quicke is now happily married to the Reverend Thomas, managing the Trust left to her by her first husband's late Aunt Drusilla, and still dealing with her difficult adult daughter Diana. After Thomas finds a college student Ursula camping out in the nearby church, Ellie is called upon to reason with her and of course becomes involved in Ursula's problems. There are three inte...more
Fanficfan44
Really couldn’t sleep last night and so I finished a stack of mysteries due back at the library anyway. The first was Murder in House by Veronica Heley. I am reading this out of order, having read the rest of the series a while ago, my library just didn’t have this one and now they do. :) I love the character of Ellie Quick; she is complex, likable, intelligent and brave, all packaged in the body of a middle aged woman. Initially, when I began this series I thought of it as a cozy but I would sa...more
Carol
This is #10 in a series of Ellie Quicke mysteries. I must have skipped one because the home situation of Ellie is VERY DIFFERENT than the last time. This was good story about corruption in high places because a rich man is buying people off. And once that happens then those people will go to any lengths to keep the payoffs coming and the rich guy happy no matter the cost to others.
My only wish is that Ellie's daughter Diana would be allowed to grow up a little and become a better person and les...more
Karen
Ellie Quicke is called upon to deal with a student who has staged a sit-in at church. The student challenges Ellie to solve three mysteries: a broken engagement, a disappearance, and a death. As she investigates, Ellie suspects there is more to these events than anyone is admitting.
I always enjoy the Ellie Quick mysteries - she does manage to get involved in so many things in one book. I believe this is number 10 in the series and I don't think I have missed any of these.
Susan
Ursula Belton's best friend is missing and another good friend is dead. That's when Ursula, a student, asks Ellie Quicke for help. Unfortunately, that puts Ellie, her friends and family, at conflict with the powerful Prior developers, whose family is implicated in Ursula's problems.
Karolyn
I enjoyed this as much as all of the other Ellie Quick stories
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Linda
Linda added it
Mar 04, 2014
Davina
Davina marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Tamah
Tamah marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Judith Powers
Judith Powers marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Veronica Heley has published more than fifty books, including crime fiction, historical, and children's titles. She is currently involved in the Ellie Quicke series of crime stories and a variety of other projects. A full-time writer, she has been married to a London probation officer since 1964, and has one musician daughter.

AKA Veronica Thorne

More about Veronica Heley...
Murder at the Altar (Ellie Quicke, #1) Eden Hall (Eden Hall, #1) False Charity (Abbott Agency, #1) Murder by Accident (Ellie Quicke, #4) Murder by Suicide (Ellie Quicke, #2)