Start by marking “Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight, #7)” as Want to Read:
Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight, #7)

Rebecca's Rashness (Sisters Eight #7)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  203 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Rebecca's the tough one, always chastising the other Eights for not bucking up when trouble arises. But how will she fare when it's her turn to face her power?

What kids are saying about the Sisters Eight:
"The Sisters 8 is really suspenseful and funny. I can't wait for the next one!" --Indrani, age 10
"I love the Sisters 8 series because I love mysteries. My cousins, frie
Published May 2nd 2011 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Rebecca's Rashness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebecca's Rashness

Angie
This is my least favorite book of the series so far. There wasn't a lot in the plot that furthered the story, and I felt a lot of it was very negative and whiney in places. The girls' powers usually bring the girls closer together, but during Rebecca's month, the Eights spent more time bickering than working together to solve the mystery of their missing Mommy and Daddy.

I'm looking forward to Book #8 where they will hopefully wrap everything up. Zinnia is my one of my favorite sisters. :)
Lady Knight
A rather disappointing read! I've long been a fan of this series but this volume was no where near up to par! Rebecca typically is an irritating character, but here she is absolutely dreadful. She bullys her sisters, doesn't think about the consequences of her actions and in general is selfish. Yes, she does improve for the final couple of pages, but it doesn't seem like much redemption.

I'm still going to stick it out and finish the series, but if this volume is any indication of how things are
Dyah
This book is hilarious! Rebecca is hilarious :))
Yes, she is evil and plotting to use her newly-acquired power to take over the world by burning down-umm-several things, but such plot coming from a little girl... it becomes amusing.

I enjoy this book more than the previous one and I am surely excited to see what's in store for the last Eight girl, Zinnia, on the next book.
Marta Ferguson
Can't remember library books ever having had such heavy usage at our house! In three weeks, I've read the series once, but C is halfway through a third round already!
Shelley
My eyes bleed every time the dialog tag "said" is used in place of "asked." Questions are so cool they have their own punctuation--so it's pretty easy to identify one, what with the question mark and all.

So when someone asks something, like, say, "Why are you still reading those books to your kid if you hate them that much?" I would write "you asked" at the end instead of "you said."

The answer to the question is my seven-year-old likes the cats and, weirdly, Rebecca. I find the characters inco
Ruby Ridge
Favorite so far, the scenes with Rebecca and Petal had me laughing out loud
Sydney
i love Rebecca's power its awesome.
Dolly
Jul 28, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the seventh book in the Sisters Eight series by Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Greg Logsted, and Jackie Logsted. Our oldest daughter discovered the first book of this series recently at our local library and fell in love immediately. We've borrowed the next books in the series and she's read them quickly in succession. I enjoy reading the stories after she does and discussing the plots with her.

I found the story to be strange, but interesting and I can see that this series would appeal to a you
Makenna
Although Rebecca isn't my favorite Eight, this was a pretty enjoyable story.
Kaethe
This whole series has been an insanely popular read-aloud at out house. the books are funny and the characters behave realistically despite the totally off-the-wall circumstances. The Offspring have never enjoyed anything so much, and I'm just as anxious as they are for the next installment.

Daughter's personal copy, purchased by me, signed by all three authors.
Alice
I enjoyed book 7 of the Sisters Eight series. Not much unexpected here in the way of solving the big mystery of where the parents went seven months ago. They must live in a town of unobservant or blind people for no one to have caught on to the fact that eight little girls under the age of ten are living alone, unsupervised, and this one is by far the most dangerous.
Staci
My older daughter loved these books, so now my younger daughter and I are making our way through the series. It is not my favorite. And Rebecca is not a very likable character, and I cannot make myself really care about her story.
The Styling Librarian
Wasn't keen on one sister calling another "idiot" a few times in the book, besides that it was another cute part of the series.
Clare
Clare marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Hibiki
Hibiki added it
Dec 08, 2014
Maja King
Maja King marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Madi
Madi marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Misadventures of Salem Hyde: Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Day of the Night Crawlers (The Notebook of Doom, #2)
  • Jasper John Dooley: Star of the Week
  • The School for the Insanely Gifted
  • Twilight Magic (My Secret Unicorn, #10)
  • Les sortceliers (Tara Duncan, #1)
  • The Secret of the Stone Frog
  • Storm Warning (Dog Whisperer, #2)
  • The Dragon of Cripple Creek
  • Elliot and the Goblin War (Underworld Chronicles #1)
  • The Chicken Squad: The First Misadventure (Chicken Squad, #1)
  • The Lightning Catcher
  • Switched at Birthday
  • Emmy and the Rats in the Belfry
  • Cinderella Smith
  • The Slippery Map
  • My Happy Life
  • Please Write in This Book
Lauren grew up in Monroe, CT, where her father owned a drugstore at which her mother was the pharmacist. She is a graduate of the University of Connecticut at Storrs, where she majored in psychology. She also has what she calls her “half-Masters” in English from Western Connecticut State University (five courses down, another five to go…someday!).

Throughout college, she worked semester breaks as a
More about Lauren Baratz-Logsted...
Crazy Beautiful The Twin's Daughter The Education of Bet The Thin Pink Line Annie's Adventures (Sisters Eight, #1)