Start by marking “SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy: Soaking Up Secrets Under the Sea!” as Want to Read:
SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy: Soaking Up Secrets Under the Sea!

SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy: Soaking Up Secrets Under the Sea! (Popular Culture and Philosophy #60)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  7 reviews
SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy is designed to introduce fans of SpongeBob SquarePants to some of the great thinkers and questions in philosophy. The essays can be shared by young and old alike, kindling new interest in philosophy and life’s big questions. What keeps SpongeBob “reeling in” major audiences on a daily basis is that underneath the lighthearted and whimsi ...more
Published August 9th 2011 by Open Court

To ask other readers questions about SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SpongeBob SquarePants and Philosophy

Ted
I didn’t finish this book, read about 30% of it. Really I was just sampling the series of “Pop Culture & Philosophy” books, and chose this one because (a) my grandkids have enjoyed the TV series, (b) my son claims to like it, and (c) I’ve seen enough of it myself when the grandkids watch to at least know what the book is talking about.

Actually, if I leave it sit near where I read, I might read more.

I wanted to give it 3 stars. I chose 4 for the reason stated at the end of My Reaction.

I thin
pearl
Dec 30, 2011 pearl marked it as to-read
Shelves: philosophy
I actually own this (as an ebook) and I am going to read it and tell you all about it.
Hana Bilqisthi
Selama ini gue selalu mikir ada pesan apa yang bisa gue dapet dari menonton spongebob dan gue ngga menyangka ada sekumpulan orang yang membahas spongebob dengan serius.. mereka adalah Joseph j. foy dan rekan-rekannya.. buku ini memberikan pandangan baru dalam memahami karakter-karakter dalam spongebob squarepant dan bikini bottom .. entah dalam cara mendapatkan kebahagiaan, keadaan negara yang ideal, gmbaran ilmuwan, teman sejati dan banyak hal lainnya :)

beberapa qoutes yang gue suka:

“money is o
Elysa
I thought this would be slightly ridiculous, but it ended up being incredibly insightful and informative. I understand a lot of the ideas discussed better after seeing how they relate to Spongebob, and it gave me interesting information about the show and people's reactions to it that I had never known.
David
A fun introduction to different western philosophers and philosophical issues through popular entertainment.
Rhianna
The first thing I do when I finish school is read a book with chapters written by two of my favorite professors. I liked it. I enjoyed the chapter relating to dreams, it makes me want to read more by Descartes since it's been a while.
Norma
It was surprisingly enjoyable and insightful.
Blanka
Blanka added it
Mar 12, 2015
Sharan
Sharan marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kayla Sue
Kayla Sue marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Franc
Franc marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Quantumforce42
Quantumforce42 marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Carlos Reges
Carlos Reges marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Akisa
Akisa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Daniel R
Daniel R marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Blaine
Blaine marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Regan
Regan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
PJ Carter
PJ Carter is currently reading it
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Popular Culture and Philosophy (1 - 10 of 63 books)
  • Seinfeld and Philosophy: A Book about Everything and Nothing
  • Baseball and Philosophy: Thinking Outside the Batter's Box
  • The Sopranos and Philosophy: I Kill Therefore I Am
  • Woody Allen and Philosophy: [You Mean My Whole Fallacy Is Wrong?]
  • Harry Potter and Philosophy: If Aristotle Ran Hogwarts
  • Mel Gibson's Passion and Philosophy: The Cross, the Questions, the Controverssy
Homer Simpson Goes to Washington: American Politics through Popular Culture Homer Simpson Ponders Politics: Popular Culture as Political Theory Homer Simpson Marches on Washington: Dissent Through American Popular Culture Homer Simpson Ponders Politics: Popular Culture as Political Theory Roald Dahl and Philosophy: A Little Nonsense Now and Then