Start by marking “The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible” as Want to Read:
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible

The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,895 ratings  ·  31 reviews
There simply is not a better comprehensive Bible concordance. A classic word-and-verse reference for more than a century, Nelson's improved edition sets the standard. It's completely updated with easy-to-read modern type and extra Bible study aids, including a 200-page topical index, the famous Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, and convenience features such as pronunciation g ...more
Hardcover
Published January 16th 1990 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 1984)

Be the first to ask a question about The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible

Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisThe Book of Occult by Simon W. ClarkAfter Forever Ends by Melodie RamoneLost In Time by Bridgitte Lesley
Top Reads
168th out of 351 books — 246 voters

More lists with this book...

Brent McCulley
I have a wicked old Strong's from the beginning of the 20th century that is completely impossible to read, heavy, and falling apart. When I did some research on the new Strong's that are out there, I had to go with the New Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible. Don't be fooled into buying any imitation, or even the previous Strong's for this reason: This is truly exhaustive because of the Vine's dictionary included in the text as well. Not only does it have every word, Hebrew, Ar ...more
Kenneth Bossard
For those interested in a deeper understanding and a fuller, richer Bible study, a concordance is a must. Strong's is the standard. The ability to see the root meaning of a word in its native language and to apply that to scripture helps to get over some of the cultural and time barriers that can cause confusion or at least a less full understanding of what the scripture was actually saying. Tracing a word from its first instance in the Bible to every time it was used in the scripture, and what ...more
Jesse Walters
This book (paired with the Interlinear Bible) has helped me so much and has become a staple in my life when studying scripture. It directly translates every word from Hebrew and Greek in the Bible. It's not bias or trying to send a message, only facts.
Martha Smith
I use this book several times a week. I find it quite helpful at translating Hebrew and Greek words in the Bible. It is a remarkably useful tool for everyone who reads the King James Bible.
Kimberly Eddy
This is a must-own for anyone serious about Bible study. I own it as a physical book, and also as part of Bible Study software (QuickVerse).
Lynn Hotalen
Can any reader say they have "read" Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible? If reading means using it as a regular tool in Bible study, relying on it time and time again, trusting that it will lead me to just the verse I need when I need it, then I am reading it, have read it and will continue to read it, without a finish date. What a necessary book this is in my library!
Bledar
Very well organized and helpful to do serious studies in which you allow the Bible to interpret the Bible.
Ravi Kumar
Kevin Driskill
This is a good resource for finding words in the bible. If you know a single word from a verse you can locate that verse. Also of use is finding where else the word is used and how. Because the bible was written in Hebrew and Greek it is by nature a translation and so left to the judgment of translators to find the proper word equivalents. It can be very instructive to find other words translated from the same and different words in the original languages.
slaveofone
Biblical linguistic reference tool for the layman and professional alike. Nowdays, you can actually find software, internet, or other computer versions for little to nothing. The downside is the archaic language (based on King James Version) and the keyed manuscripts themselves (Late Masoretic and Textus Receptus)--you will need a KJV to use this. Don't be a weakling, get Strong's.
Michael
Feb 14, 2009 Michael rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Serious students of the Bible
I do not read Hebrew, nor Greek very well. When I read commentaries in English, I can cross check with the Strong's Concordance, find all other places that same word was used and examine how it was translated into English.

It is difficult to do textual analysis relying only on English translations, so I rely on Strong's Concordance to help me bridge my language lacks.
Mitzi Rochelle Huddleston
I continue to use the Strong's concordance with my bible study classes.
Curtis Chamberlain
There are some study aids that I could probably do without, but this is NOT one of them!

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible is probably the most valuable part of my own personal study library, besides the Bible itself.

I use it every day! What an invaluable study aid! None better!
Cult
Next to Matthew Henry's Commentary, this too is a must-have. Generally speaking, we don't have to guess what "they" meant. Most words in the Bible have a "Strong's number". Look up the original Greek/Hebrew and see how that word was used when the tractate was written. Wonderfull!
J. Madison
Helps so much with scripture study & expanding on the word of God!!
Den Slader
Having a concordance completely changed my faith. I stopped putting faith in translation, and put faith in meaning. And yes, 'meaning' is up to the individual, and I'm fine with that.
Kimberly
This is a book that no one can truthfully say they've read, but it is an invaluable tool in serious Biblical study.

A must have for the serious Bible reader.
Lisa
Strong's Concordance remains the choice reference for theological students and laymen. You cannot go wrong choosing Strong's when looking for a concordance.
John
Well, no one ever actually reads an entire concordance, but this is definitely a handy tool for elaborating on meaning in scripture.
Mom
Oct 15, 2008 Mom added it
if you are serious about bible study - you have to have a Strong's in your library or at least know how to use an online version
Dominique Evans
The best reference ever! I use it for personal study and Ministry. It's my physical blue letter bible! Hehehe
Denise
It isn't like I went cover to cover on this one but I did use it a lot in my research days.
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible: Classic Edition by James Strong (1990)
Mistye
This book is such a help especially with understanding Hebrew and Greek.
Hannah
My go-to every time I need to know where to find a verse!
Katherine
Not that you read it like a novel. It is a good study tool.
Daniel Bacon
He's my go-to for Greek and Hebrew research!
Bryan
Awesome reference guide! Very thorough!
Robbie
Dec 06, 2008 Robbie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
A must have book for Bible study.
  • Halley's Bible Handbook
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
  • Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible: Complete and Unabridged in One Volume
  • Amplified Bible
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Complete Jewish Bible : An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament) and B'Rit Hadashah (New Testament)
  • The Interlinear Bible: Hebrew-Greek-English
  • The Message Remix (Bible in Contemporary Language)
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • New Bible Dictionary: Over 100 Christian Groups Clearly & Concisely Defined
  • New Testament Commentary Survey
  • Christian Theology
  • The Works of Josephus
  • Septuagint with Apocrypha
  • Studies in the Sermon on the Mount: God's Character and the Believer's Conduct
  • Life Overflowing, 6-in-1: 6 Pillars for Abundant Living
  • The Bible Answer Book
  • Come Away My Beloved Updated
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible: Updated Version The Strongest Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible: 21st Century Edition Strong's Hebrew Dictionary of the Bible Strong's Dictionary of the Bible Strong's Exhaustive Concordance