Start by marking “The Angel of Berlin” as Want to Read:
The Angel of Berlin

The Angel of Berlin

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Robin, a young university student, saves the life of a beautiful youth, he finds he's made a devoted friend. But without memory and voice, the newly named Angel is a mystery, occasionally exasperating with his child-like qualities yet with touches of darkness that make Robin wonder what kind of being he's really taken in. A gay fiction tale of magical realism and inno ...more
Published May 22nd 2011 by Flying With Red Haircrow

To ask other readers questions about The Angel of Berlin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angel of Berlin

Conversations with S. Teri O'Type by Christopher  AllenTapping Darkness by KrackenRoman by Marlene K. SladeNormal Miguel by Erik OrrantiaSuburbaNights by Eric Arvin
Lesser-Known M/M Books
87th out of 345 books — 300 voters
Love is a Stranger by John  WiltshireScrap Metal by Harper FoxLovers in Arms by Osiris BrackhausThe Substitute by Tionne RogersThe Bridge of Silver Wings by John  Wiltshire
MM Books Set in Europe
120th out of 161 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

I never would have thought that such a short story about one stranger rescuing the life of another could win me over so completely. The plot is simple enough, yet it was written so beautifully that it felt as if I've never read anything even remotely similar to it, although I know I have.

Angel is a nameless, somewhat childlike stranger who almost gets killed when stumbling onto a road. Robin saves him on his
Bending The Bookshelf
This is a story that began with a dream, and that dreamlike quality comes through in the story. Red draws us into his dream with beautifully seductive language, painting a picture in our minds that is, at the same time, both vivid and subtle. Even when a character is standing on a busy street corner, in broad daylight, the description still evokes the feeling of a dreamy evening at home.

As for the story itself, what Red has woven here is a contemporary fairy tale. It's beautiful and magical, wit
This is an intriguing little slice of life in the world of Robin, a young Frenchman working and studying in Berlin. I was left with quiet a few questions at the end of this one, but what was on the page drew me in. Robin saves a young man from wandering into traffic while on his way to work at a bistro, and much to his surprise, the young man follows him. He lets him hang out at work, although soon realizes the young man is mute, and he names him “Angel”.

They return to Robin’s room, and he is su
Unfortunately, this book did nothing for me. You can't really read it as a story because the characters are distant and not engaging. There is no real story line, no arc of suspense, just the flowing of words and events which are not very exciting. I don't mean it in a bad way. I didn't expect an action plot here but I missed...purpose in this book.
I read afterwards that this was a dream. Okay, I can live with that and the writing is quite floral. It feels a lot like all those books I read while
Red Haircrow
Releasing the week beginning May 22, 2011, this is another story written entirely based on a dream I had. To read an excerpt for this work, please visit my website/blog "Songs of the Universal Vagabond"
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Short story based on a dream the author had, and that's what it felt like, strange and convoluted and slightly unfinished.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Sean
Genre: M/M Fantasy
Rated: 1.5 hearts

Check out the review on
Linda Davis
Linda Davis is currently reading it
Nov 22, 2015
Noblemayhem marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Mtsnow13 marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
MBJ marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Keitorin marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Mandy Beyers
Mandy Beyers marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Diana marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2012
Geoff & Randall
Geoff & Randall marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Marie added it
Aug 14, 2012
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2012
Pushubuu marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Reader Definition of Contemporary Fantasy 1 5 Jun 09, 2011 08:35AM
An award-winning writer/poet, news correspondent, chef and activist of Native American descent (Chiricahua Apache/Cherokee) who lives in Berlin, Germany. Red Haircrow holds a BSc of Psychology, is a Graduate Student at MSU Bozeman, and owns and operates Flying With Red Haircrow Productions, a multimedia consultation company. Member SIP, NAJA, SAIGS, and SSITA.

More about Red Haircrow...