Start by marking “Hollywood Buzz: Starring Pucci Lewis” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Buzz: Starring Pucci Lewis

Hollywood Buzz: Starring Pucci Lewis

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Pucci Lewis was used to ferrying fighter planes and undercover work. But it’s the dark hours of WWII, and Hollywood’s biggest stars, studio moguls, and Washington bureaucrats are working hand-in-glove to merge entertainment and propaganda. Pucci has been dispatched to the First Motion Picture Unit, where a make-or-break documentary on the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WAS ...more
MP3 CD
Published March 1st 2009 by Blackstone Audiobooks

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Buzz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Buzz

Sue
In her second World War II adventure, Women Air Force Service Pilot (WASP) Pucci Lewis travels to Fort Roach in Hollywood to make sure the World War II Victory short about the WASPs, currently being filmed there, accurately represents their service as Miss Cochran, her boss, travels to Washington, D.C. to get the WASPs the military recognition they deserve. Pucci will also investigate a plane crash in which a sister WASP, Frankie, was badly injured, as Miss Cochran believes Frankie’s plane may h ...more
Patricia
Mar 07, 2009 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WASPs (Women Airforce Service Pilots) were a group of women that took to the air during World War II. The public had mixed emotions about this group of women who were willing to risk everything to help their country. Pucci Lewis is one of these women. Pucci is a good pilot and trained in undercover work.

Her latest assignment is Hollywood. Jackie Cochran, Pucci’s boss and head of the WASP, is sending Pucci to replace Frankie Beall, an ace pilot and Pucci’s friend. Frankie is in critical condition
P.J. Coldren
Nov 30, 2008 P.J. Coldren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of historical fiction
Recommended to P.J. by: received for review
I enjoyed this second entry in the Pucci Lewis series. Pucci goes to Hollywood to help make a movie short about the WASPs and to find out about some sabotage that put a fellow flyer in a coma.
Faith Justice
Others may enjoy this story more than I did. It was a freebie hardback (published in 2009) from the 2011 HNS goodie bag. Although I don't normally read mysteries, I thought I'd push my boundaries, because this involved the fledgling Women's Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), a pioneering group of women pilots who supported the WWII war effort by ferrying planes across the US and the Atlantic--a group I've always admired and feel more people should know about. The research and detail that went into ...more
Melissa
I picked up this book on the new fiction shelf on a whim. It wasn't a bad book, there were some grammar problems, but I thought the plot was good. I enjoyed reading about the fictious story that was based around historical events, it makes it seem more real (or at least possible). I know there is another book written by this author starring Pucci Lewis, but I probably won't ever read it.
Susan
Pucci Lewis' war work is flying as a Women's Auxiliary Service Pilot. But to her delight, Jacqueline Cochran, head of the WASPs, is sending her to Hollywood to help with a documentary on their work. And there's an undercover component to the job: the last pilot sent as an advisor had a mysterious crash that may be sabotage. This is Pucci's second World War II adventure.
Susan Shea
Aug 04, 2015 Susan Shea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
Charming depiction of the period with movie-type characters and a plot that conjures up the silver screen. But the best part is the story of those brave and lively young women who flew planes in WWII and never got much credit for it. Loved the author's take on all of that.
Jessica
Liesche makes excellent use of her Hungarian heritage here and does nicely with weaving in real-life countrymen like Bela Lugosi. The staccato style works well as a period piece, but I wish Pucci were a little more fleshed out.
Gort
Gort rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Fran
Fran marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Brownie
Brownie rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Shellie
Shellie rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 19, 2016
Kimberly Hilty
Kimberly Hilty rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Joan Wetherell
Joan Wetherell rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2014
DL
DL marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2013
Petit Buzz
Petit Buzz marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Leonie
Leonie added it
Mar 05, 2013
Dennis Tsuchiya
Dennis Tsuchiya rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Dennis
Dennis rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
James Thorpe
James Thorpe marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2011
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2010
Zach
Zach marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2009
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2009