Start by marking “Seasons of a Woman's Life” as Want to Read:
Seasons of a Woman's Life

Seasons of a Woman's Life

A woman's identity can become distorted by the many pressures she faces and the needs she uniquely fills. The frantic pace of life leaves many asking, 'Will it always be like this?' Lois Evans answers reassuringly, 'No. ' In Seasons of a Woman's Life, Mrs. Evans walks women through the many different seasons of life, encouraging them to hold fast to the promises of God. Th ...more
Published July 1st 2001 by Moody Publishers (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Seasons of a Woman's Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seasons of a Woman's Life

R.M. Green
Jun 03, 2013 R.M. Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book,Seasons of a Woman's Life is written by Lois Evans, wife of Pastor Tony Evans of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, Texas.

Using the story of Esther in the Bible as a guide and reference, Mrs. Evans shows us how we can learn to adjust to each season of our lives through faith in Jesus Christ, and reliance on God's Word. Through Esther's example, she expertly explains how we as Christian women, can walk through this life with the same faith, courage, obedience and love that Esther he
Jacqueline Clayton
Must Read for All Women

I found this book being a great reference book, that I will review from time to time. It will be an encouraging as well as motivational tool, letting me know that I am not alone. The same emotions that I feel others have felt them during their trials. Dr. Evans is a real person and her transparency is well appreciated. Her heart can be felt throughout the book.
Jun 11, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. The author is someone I could see sitting down and having some long and great conversations. However I would be cautious about who I recommended it for. It's definitely geared toward strong Christians, so I would say if your recommending it to someone know who your talking to or read it together with them. There are some bits that were slow and some felt repetitive and I wish she shared more on her personal story. Many of the thoughts ...more
Michelle's Book
Jul 21, 2016 Michelle's Book rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our Father, who is very much like a farmer, divides our life into a season of planting, growth, pruning and harvest. I like how Ms. Evans uses these details in our Christian journey which determines our calling. No matter where you are, raising teenagers , at dead end job, barely making it, remember it is only a season.
Although we don’t know what our call might entail, the initial start to this journey begins with the planting of seeds. This is the time when God gives us our dream (our calling)
Rita Nelson
Sep 08, 2015 Rita Nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome. It is like a cooling fountain on a hot summer's day. Mrs. Evans has so much knowledge of God's word and she uses it to encourage her sisters in Christ in their walk with Jesus.
Nov 14, 2012 Larisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lois Evans wrote a great book, as she shared the joys & challenges of growing and learning in each season God brings us to. God has a purpose and blessings for each season we face & I loved the acrostic for seasons:
S - Sovereignty of God.
E - Elevation by God.
A - Assistance from God.
S - Submission to God.
O - Opportunities from God.
N - Needs met by God.
Apr 17, 2015 Joan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher through goodreads, in exchange for an honest review. I read it earlier, but I forgot to post a review, so I am reading it again.
May 30, 2013 Dominique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally do five stars but this book was amazing. The best inspirational book I've read all year! Definitely a page turner and eye opener. I loved it!
Natalie Daniels
Jul 18, 2014 Natalie Daniels rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free as a giveaway.
Dec 29, 2010 Lasharol is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
this book has help me in so many way thank you for blessing me with this one
Peggy Clerebaut
Peggy Clerebaut rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Agnes marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Ånnie Revilla
Ånnie Revilla marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Gee marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Machele Simpkins
Machele Simpkins rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Olga Valencia
Olga Valencia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Shante Baldwin
Shante Baldwin rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Lasi Amadu
Lasi Amadu rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Erica marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Tosin Ak
Tosin Ak marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Brandi Davis
Brandi Davis rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
SB marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
Jessica L.
Jessica L. marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Brenda marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Indra marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Everybody Playz Tha Fool
  • Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting On With the Great Life God Intends
  • Miserly Moms: Living on One Income in a Two-Income Economy
  • A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life
  • Just Hand Over the Chocolate and No One Will Get Hurt
  • The Worn Out Woman: When Life is Full and Your Spirit is Empty
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • Greater Health God's Way: Seven Steps to Inner and Outer Beauty
  • God Has a Dream for Your Life
  • Becoming a Woman of Influence: Making a Lasting Impact on Others (Thrive! Study Series)
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • The Friendships of Women
  • A Woman's High Calling
  • Creative Counterpart: Becoming the Woman, Wife, and Mother You've Longed to Be
  • Baby of the Family

“she was in the right place at the right” 0 likes
“And she often reminded me that those four kids of mine were my church. With that in mind, I had to refocus on my ministry...I had been given four very special projects that would have to be seen through to completion. Someone had to instill godly principals in my children's lives, and God let me know that I was the woman for the job.” 0 likes