Start by marking “Princess (American Princess, #1)” as Want to Read:
Princess (American Princess, #1)

Princess (American Princess #1)

Money can’t buy happiness… even in a world that begins with a Tiffany teething ring.

Sydney Ross has it made. As the 17-year old daughter of Illinois senator Randall Ross and socialite Jillian Ross, Sydney was born with perfect teeth and a killer trust-fund. Everything about her life is idyllic…the life of a princess. The Ross’ are richer than God and twice as beautiful, t
Published June 1st 2011 by Lakehouse Press (first published May 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess

Emma (BelleBooks)
May 19, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
I don't really know what to say except I loved this book!!
It is a bit different from my usual paranormal reads, so when I started it I wasn't too sure about what I would think about it, turns out I couldn't get enough of it!

The story centres around 17 year old Sydney who has grown up with everything she could ever wish for, as a daughter of a senator and living in the perfect house, as a perfect little rich family.
But her perfect little bubble bursts when she finds out she is pregnant, her paren
Dani
May 19, 2011 Dani rated it it was amazing
The old adage "Money doesn't buy happiness" definitely applies to former socialite Sydney Ross. After circumstances lead to her being disowned by her politically motivated parents, she sets out alone to take responsibility for her choices . She finds a safe place to land with her distant, distant relative and aspiring author Stephen as she struggles to get on with her future without the wealth and privilege she's always known. Her past life is not quite done with her, however, and comes back to ...more
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I won a copy of Princess a while back, and I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner. I do not think I have read such a short book that took me on such a roller coaster ride, and boy it didn't have a dull moment. As you can see it's provided with a caution note on the synopsis, which I read that before reading the book and honestly I still didn't expect anything which it threw at me.
Princess r
Julchen
Dec 14, 2011 Julchen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First let me say that this book wasn’t at all what I expected. I was prepared for a drama, for the story of a girl who fights to make her own choices—and got a thriller. I was completely taken by surprise. Not in a bad way, though. I loved how the story went down because everything was totally unexpected. (view spoiler) ...more
Marie
Aug 06, 2012 Marie rated it it was ok
Shelves: teenage-drama
This is ok. Not the most original story ever. A bit predictable at times which made it a little boring, to be quite honest.

Spoiled teenager who gets pregnant. Her and her boyfriends parents are disgusted and order her to terminate it,but she refuses. Instead she runs away with nothing but the money in her pocket and the clothes she managed to stuff in a bin bag. The only person she has is a distant cousin whom she has only talked to on a social networking site, she stays with him and starts a w
Taylor Hale
Jul 18, 2011 Taylor Hale rated it it was amazing
Some of the reviews didn't enjoy this book, and although this book is quite different than the bloodstone saga series, I loved it. Sydney was such a real, strong heroine, you couldn't help but admire her and root for her. This book didn't end up going at all the way I thought it would. When I started it I was thinking alright its a romance story. And although it is a romance novel of sorts, it also ends up being somewhat of a thriller. This story keeps you guessing and continuously rooting for S ...more
Charlotte Abel
Jul 12, 2011 Charlotte Abel rated it it was amazing
This book is not your daughter's teen romance. I bought "Princess" after reading the author's blog. I was expecting a sweet little romance and was surprised by the fast paced, thriller-esque plot twists. It kept me up, reading, two nights in a row.

I wouldn't recommend it to my daughter or my mom, but I sure as heck enjoyed it. If you like a little sizzle with your romance and can handle high tension suspense, this book is for you.
Carrie
May 31, 2011 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This book was super good and totally unexpected! It didn't go anywhere near where I thought it would. So instead of a fluffy, contemporary romance, I got suspense and mystery and tears, and a few white knuckle moments! Oh and serious romance, both of the fluffy variety and of the steamy variety! Excellent male and female leads! Very well written!
Cassie
Sep 20, 2011 Cassie rated it it was amazing
This book broke my heart and put it back together moments later. The story is great and the characters are loveable (apart from the mother and "bad" guy of course) and it's hard to put down once you have started it. I assure you future readers you will love this book.
Amber
Jan 26, 2012 Amber rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This book was not at all what I expected. The cover is misleading and the description is beyond vague. With that said, this is an awesome book! I loved it! Don't turn your nose up at it based on the cover or jacket, this is not a rich girl story with shallow, petty problems. This is a real story!
Brittany
May 19, 2011 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Courtney Cole is quickly becoming one of my top favorite authors! She has a way of getting the reader totally involved with the story and the characters she builds. This book was a page-turner that was hard to put down. Very great book. (:
Weronika
Jun 15, 2011 Weronika rated it it was amazing
Wow! There was so much going on in this book my head is still spinning. Loved the story. Sydney was such a lovable character...and the twist at the end...AMAZING! :)
Aleeshas2
definitely not what I expected from a book called 'princess...It was...a surprise. basically this whole book was full of surprise. some fun, some dark ,some weird ones and some that didn't even make sense....
Okay surprise number one.teenage pregnancy...
surprise number tell tell.rich girl runs away to keep baby with no money, and did I mentioned her mum is a witch with a capital b.
and from here on...I need to add .y honest thoughts so spoiler below..
Okay so when i finished the book, i sat back a
Caro
Apr 13, 2012 Caro rated it did not like it
Princess was free on Amazon when I was browsing free amazon titles (you should try it - it's addicting. and free!), so I bought it even though I'm not a big fan of contemporary stories that don't have anything supernatural in them at all.
I'm a fan of Courtney Cole's so I had pondered buying Princess before that, but the flashy cover it had before kind of scared me off.
When reading Ms. Cole's blog, I found out that Princess isn't actually a stupid story about a stupid heroine pondering what she
Fisher Amelie
Jun 13, 2011 Fisher Amelie rated it it was amazing
Princess was a purchase bought ‘sight unseen’ so to speak, didn’t read a synopsis or even a review because I’m familiar with the author’s work enough to feel confident in what I was buying and boy, oh boy, did I end up loving this book. It was nothing like I expected it to be, the cover revealing only a sliver of who the main character, Sydney, truly is.

The novel’s bold subjects left me reeling with every page I turned. Cole’s gutsy directions made this one of the best reads I’ve had all year. H
Melanie
Sep 28, 2012 Melanie rated it it was ok
I first fell in love with Courtney Cole a couple years ago when I found Dante's Girl, the first book in her Paradise Diaries series. Princess immediately went on my to-read list, especially after I read author's notes describing it as edgier than your average YA. It took me years to get around to actually reading it, and in the end I only decided to because it was short and I wanted a quick read.

To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed in Princess. I didn't expect it to be perfect, by any mean
Morgan
Sep 24, 2011 Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

Princess by Courtney Cole is a crazy, dramatic, and suspenseful novel that will keep you on the edge of your seat. You will find some romance throughout the novel, but don’t let the cover fool you…this book isn’t about some spoiled rich girl with an easy life. Sydney Ross goes through multiple traumatic challenges in this novel.

I can’t say too much about Princess because I don’t want to give anything away. Just no
PhobicPrerogative
Aug 09, 2012 PhobicPrerogative rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like it.
What really creeped me out was the mention that the guy she had feelings for was her cousin, even if he was distant.
And then they slept together....my stomach just coiled. Ick.
The author may have pleaded the case of their relationship by mentioning famous people who hooked up with their cousins but that even made things worse.

Princess did have a good premise - rich, spoilt girl gets pregnant, refuses abortion, leaves home to make it on her own - but after that budding romance
Allie Burke
May 15, 2014 Allie Burke rated it it was amazing
Courtney Cole is such a great writer.

Seriously. There is a certain perfected nature that finds itself onto the pages through her words, painting its every chapter with this readable story that flows beautifully time and time again. I loved Princess. It was a well thought out story that kept me gasping with its twists. The characters were solid: Sydney was beautiful inside and out, strong and worthy, and it took me all of two seconds to fall in love with Stephen. The suspense of the story kept me
Heather
Jan 24, 2012 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The stellar reviews that convinced me to try this (it was free for kindle, I honestly didn't take much convincing) insisted any reader ignore the cover and stick it out beyond the first few chapters. With this in mind I kept reading even when the writing was weak and the protagonist's first hurdle was handled sloppily. I thought things would get better when the action started picking up but no such luck.

This honestly could have been a good book, but the story required more care than it was give
Sara Mack
Jun 12, 2013 Sara Mack rated it liked it
I purchased "Princess" after first reading Courtney Cole's "If You Stay" and "Alli Cat." I really liked both of those (especially Alli Cat - it had me literally cracking up!) and I thought the story line and cover of "Princess" was intriguing. While I enjoyed this story, it's clear this is one of Courtney Cole's earlier novels. You can tell her writing has changed quite a bit since. Nevertheless, I didn't expect a lot of what happened in "Princess" - there are definitely plenty of twists and tur ...more
Nicole
2.5 Rating

Don't let this pretty cover fool you! It's not about ball gowns or shiny tiaras, it's more hard core suspense!

Seventeen year old Sydney Ross has it all. Wealth, popularity and of course being the daughter of the senator. Yet, life is about to turn up hill when Sydney discovers she's pregnant. Being kicked out of her only home she knows, Sidney begins to realize that her family is far from perfect. Because as it tuns out Ross family has something deadly hidden..

I thought the novel was
J.J.
Feb 27, 2012 J.J. rated it really liked it
This book is ridiculous but in such a good way! I went into it thinking it was just about a teen who gets pregnant and that's it. Boy, was I wrong! There is suspense, intrigue and all that other good stuff that comes along with that. For those of you who are good at predicting what comes next in a book, this one might stump you at times. There are a couple of plot twists around every corner and those are what makes this book so good. The story is insane (as in this-would-probably-never-happen-ju ...more
Jamie
Dec 27, 2011 Jamie rated it it was ok
This book was strange. Very strange. The whole cousins thing creeped me out and the plot seemed unbelievable and confusing. Maybe some people might like the action and twists and turns but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Joanne
Sep 16, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing
This book was full of twists and turns. I did not expect it to take the direction that it did. It kept me on my toes. It was a very good book and I enjoyed it very much! I can't wait to see what is in store with Sydney and Stephen next!
Jul 12, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
Not at all what I was expecting! I enjoyed it. One thing I really enjoyed about it was that I never predicted anything. I'm pretty good with predicting what's going to happen, but this threw me for a loop every time. It's worth reading! I just wish ONE little detail would've been altered.
Jodie
Mar 19, 2012 Jodie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, amazing book, couldn't stop reading until I got to the end. It's not your typical teenage pregnancy story, their are so many twists and surprises. Sydney doesn't know who she can trust, even her own mother. I really recommend this book.
Nikki Archer
Jan 09, 2013 Nikki Archer rated it it was amazing
OMG the best review on my blog Friday
Jwala Thapa
Mar 05, 2016 Jwala Thapa rated it really liked it
Well that was a nice mystery. Halfway through the book and still couldn't predict it was gonna turn out that way. The ending was surely unexpected. All in All a good read!
Angela
Sep 26, 2015 Angela rated it liked it
A pretty ok book overall. I don't really get why Sydney's parents reacted in such a manner if they were richer then god the public opinion really couldn't do much damage to their lifestyle.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Charlie (Snowy Cove, #1)
  • I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1)
  • The Queen Bee of Bridgeton (Dancing Dream, #1)
  • Madly & the Jackal (Madly, #3)
  • Amelia O'Donohue Is So Not a Virgin
  • Winnemucca, a small-town fairy tale
  • The Wizard Takes a Holiday
  • The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Calli
  • Loving Emily
  • Shot Through the Heart
  • Moon Child (Prequel to By Blood)
  • Ashes (Arson, # 2)
  • Click
  • Set in Stone
  • Shadowbloom (Rhyme of the Willow, Book 1)
  • Rowan (Blood Crave, #2)
Courtney Cole is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling novelist who would eat mythology for breakfast if she could.

She has a degree in Business, but has since discovered that corporate America is not nearly as fun to live in as fictional worlds.

Courtney was born and raised in rural Kansas, but has since migrated south. She now lives in Florida and writes beneath palm trees.

Learn more about
More about Courtney Cole...