Start by marking “Undercover Lovers” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  154 ratings  ·  24 reviews
This book is no longer for sale. Visit the individual authors' websites for info on where to buy each story as a standalone book.

Visit www.cariquinn.com

Visit www.deetenorio.com

Visit www.deecarney.com

Visit www.christine-bell.com
Published May 17th 2011 (first published March 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Lovers

Catherine
I'm not a huge fan of anthologies, so I won't be writing a review, I'll just be jotting some quick notes for future reference. I don't think it's fair for me to criticize a book for disliking its very nature, when I knew going in what it was. So feel free to disregard this. :)

Consumed: I didn't like this story much. I liked the setup, but the dialogue and descriptions felt over the top and eye roll worthy. I also got tired of hearing about how lush the hero thought the heroine was. The repetitio...more
Christi Snow
Absolutely the BEST anthology I have ever read. Each novella was really well-written, super sexy, and completely entertaining!!! OMG, I need to go get more books by all these authors because they ROCK!! I will have my full review up later this afternoon, but if you are looking for a fun and sexy read for a Sunday afternoon, you need to get this one this morning!

Review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog (the review will go up tomorrow there.)

A copy of this e-book was provided to me by the...more
Sophia (FV)
Originally reviewed at Fiction Vixen.

Conned by Chloe Cole - Nerdy science professor Tucker Lamb is hot for human sexuality professor Cricket Malloy, and they’re about “collaborate” on an experiment involving aphrodisiacs. Things might get a little out of hand when Cricket realizes her nerdy professor is pretty hot under that awkward facade. But Tucker has a secret. He is in the witness protection program and has a past that could put his future in jeopardy.

This story had a really cute premise. I...more
MaggieReadsRom
OVERALL rating for the anthology: 8.9 out of 10 - GREAT READ!
Verdict on the anthology as a whole:

Four different stories, each exceptional in their own way!

This anthology should come with a huge warning: So hot it will set your reading device on fire! Read at your own risk! Each story is hotter than the other. If this book doesn't get you twisting in your undies, I don't know which one will!

This is the first anthology I’m reviewing on my blog since the make-over and the joining of my Quick-an...more
Taryn Elliott
Anthologies tend to be pretty hit or miss with me, and for once I really enjoyed ALL the stories!

Cari Quinn - Conquered = *****
When I want witty and fun with a side of sexy I'm always going to go for a Quinn book.
Shane and Em are NO different.
Cari's not afraid to write those awkward moments between people when they're just getting to know each other which always gives the relationship--quick or long form--a level of authenticity that not every romance can pull off. And she rarely writes a pe...more
Lillie
Conquered – This story will forever be known as the one that made me spit grape soda all over my kindle. It was one of the funniest stories I have read in a very long time. There was plenty of chemistry and hot sexy times between Emma and Shane but it was the humor that really made Conquered shine.

Conned - A heroine not afraid of her sexuality and a con man turned science geek? Love it! Lots of hotness in Conned.

Consumed – I don’t even know what some of the foods were in this story but they soun...more
J
May 27, 2011 J rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: anthology
Four ultra-sexy stories by four great authors, with one theme.

Who's undercover?
Shane Madison - Dead sexy private eye posing as a Strippendale's dancer
Tucker Lamb - Smooth as butter former conman posing as nerdy professor
Saffron Burton - Sensual food critic posing as just another customer
Katrina Killian - Brazenly sexual cop posing as a gang member

I loved the stories in this anthology and I couldn't get enough. I have to say, Conned, by Chloe Cole was my favorite. Wow, that was intense and I ne...more
Adriana Bookologist
Undercover Lovers

I recommend this to everyone!

This is best anthology I can ever remember reading and at the price I paid you can’t beat it. I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories.

Consumed by Dee Carney
3 1/2 Stars
All 9 Chapters flew by. This story is about Chef August and food critic Saffron. These two were ‘cooking’ together…I couldn’t help the pun. There was this spatula scene that was particularly enjoyable.

Conned by Chloe Cole
4 Stars
This story had six chapters of wonderfully written dialog and...more
Natasha  A.
For anyone who loves:
Hot and sexy
Secrets
Love (or lust) conquers
Why did I read it?
I have read and enjoyed some of these authors previously,
so I was intrigued.

My Rambles:
I should preface this by saying that the "secrets" theme is NOT one of my more favourite themes.

Conquered by Cari Quinn
Unfortunately, not my favorite in the group. I just couldn't seem to connect with the characters. I know the whole theme of this anthology was secrets and being "undercover" but I just couldn't get into the whole...more
Kimberly
My review is posted at Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

“Consumed” by Dee Carney
It’s almost Restaurant Week, the premier event for Denver’s foodie crowd. Chef August Jaeger is used to his rivals trying to discover what he’ll be serving during Restaurant Week, so when his staff notifies him that there may be a spy in his restaurant, August puts his guard up. Except the possible spy – curvy beauty Saffron Burton – is too delectable a dish for him to resist.

Saffron is no s...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

They’re sneaky and no one can know who they are. They won’t forget their missions, even for a gorgeous face. They’ll do anything to get their jobs done, even if it means hitting the sheets to keep their cover.

Undercover Lovers is an anthology by four authors about men and women going undercover to get their jobs done. I was expecting stories about secret agents but instead every story had a theme where one of the people had a secret...more
Danielle

Not only is this anthology super sexy, It's HOT!!! Okay not just HOT, But Scorching!! It includes Novellas Consumed by Dee Carney, Conned by Chloe Cole, Conquered by Cari Quinn and Convicted by Dee Tenorio. To make this easy for everyone including myself I have reviewed the stories in the order that they appear in the anthology. I need to thank the Awesome Dee Carney for giving me some of the best sex of my life *cough* I mean giving me the chance to read and review this scorching anthology and...more
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/06/13/...

Publisher: self-published
Release Date: out now!
How I got this book: copy from author

A few weeks ago I put a call out to my Twitter followers to recommend me some good smut. Dee Carney quickly threw out her new self-pubbed anthology with other greats Cari Quinn, Chloe Cole, and Dee Tenorio, and I just knew I’d want to get my hands on this one! Dee sent it over to me, and I have to say… Wow *fans self*

Conquered by Cari Quinn -...more
Fictional Bookshelf
This is a book you don’t want to miss out on. All four stories deserve a special moment in the spotlight. Each tale kept me wide-awake and reading the pages as fast as I could. The details, the characters, the plots and problems are unique for each tale. Because there are four stories in one book, this makes this a perfect little gift or downtime novel. Each different story has the ability to whisk your mind away and let you escape into different dramas. Depending on the mood your in this book w...more
Catherine
SO MUCH LOVE.

Over the last couple of years, I've become a heavier romance reader, and I absolutely enjoyed the heck out of this book. Anyone who loves romance and likes some spice (and a little intrigue) with it will enjoy this book.

Full review:

Sheryl
Well, i have NEVER read an anthology in one sitting, so having done so with this, should tell you how much each story rocks! Hot, sweet, funny and suspensful; each story had a different vibe yet they were all tied together by the fact that someone is undercover. And at $2.99 on Smashwords, this seriously is a steal!
Lucy
I just finished the second story. nughjhhhhhh Why did it have to end?? :((( 5 stars I wanteed more for it to come together, but really good nonetheless.

I might read the rest sometime else, maybe.
Serena
The fourth story in this book made the book for me all the stories where good. The fourth and final story was the best one in the book and is the reason this book got 4 stars.
Cheryl
Other than Cari, these were all new writers to me. I wasn't sure I would enjoy them all, but I really did!! I want more, especially on Trina & Cade.
julia
This anthology introduced me to all four of the authors, and I've sought out more work by three of the four. So far.
Julianna
Great collection of short stories! My favorite was probably the last one though Convicted by Dee Tenorio.
Monica Kaye
My favorite story was "Consumed" by Dee Carney. Two words. Spatula. Spanking. Enough said.
Diane West
Diane West marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Tracy Ashley
Tracy Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Vincent
Vincent marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Under Fire
  • Worth the Trip
  • Grace Under Pressure
  • Heart Signs
  • Cullen's Bride (March Madness) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #914)
  • The Best Man
  • Witness Seduction
  • Breaking The Rules (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #587)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Fight or Flight
  • Catch Me
  • Wild Encounter
  • Still Lake
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • The Merzetti Effect
Dee writes erotic romances in the urban fantasy, paranormal and contemporary genres. She also writes erotica under the pen name, Morgan Sierra.

Dee began writing short stories in middle school, but did not attempt completion of a novel until almost ten years later—which despite good intentions was never finished. Almost ten additional years later, she challenged herself to begin writing again, and...more
More about Dee Carney...
Open Door Invitation Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1) Keeping Pace Hunger Revealed (Vampire Hunger #1.5) Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)

“Fine!' she snapped, the desperation to have him growing exponentially now. 'I missed you. Only you. No man could ever make me feel like you do. I'm ruined for all others. I renamed all my vibrators after you and none of them get me off like you can. Happy now?'

His eyes glazed for a second. '*All* your vibrators?'

-Convicted”
12 likes
“I'd make you my favorite jungle gym if you'd let me.'
- Katrina, 'Convicted”