Start by marking “Force My Hand” as Want to Read:
Force My Hand

Em Brown

Force My Hand

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  48 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Independent and always in command, Darcy Sherwood holds her own among the cads and rakes who frequent the dubious gaming hall where she works. When she has the opportunity to exact revenge upon the man who wronged her sister, she intends to provide the arrogant Baron Broadmoor the biggest set-down of his life--by requiring him to be her suitor. But when the Baron begins to ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published March 17th 2011 by Ravenous Romance (first published December 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Force My Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force My Hand

Leah
Warning: This book contains anal and vaginal sex in bed and unconventional places, dominance, submission, bondage, a ménage, an erotic dream involving five males and one female, and plenty of oral sex.
KarenH
If the Golden Rule of Smut is to "leave no orifice unfilled or sexual fantasy untried", then Em Brown did her homework and produced a nice little erotic historical smutmance.

holly quigley
Dec 27, 2010 holly quigley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As I was reading this, I'd nearly decided that this would probably be a 2-star rating, because in my mind, 2-stars is "nothing to write home about, but it didn't suck and I at least finished it." Unfortunately, by the time I got to the end, there were just so many small things wrong that they added up to one big cumulative "bleh!"

The short version: This reads like a first or second draft of a hastily written "good idea." The story is there, it has a lot of tropes that usually hit my "like" butto
Kelly
Currently a free read at Allromance.com, this wasn't a terrible book by any means but neither was it fantastically outstanding. In fact, there were times when I didn't quite understand what Darcy and Radcliff saw in one another. He calls her a whore, she's trying to milk him for a bunch of money to make up for the fact that his cousin won't claim her sister's illegitimate child. Like I said, it wasn't bad exactly, but neither was it fantastic.

One point in its favor were that the editorial issues
Judith
Nov 04, 2010 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The baron wanted the family estate back after his nephew foolishly lost it at a gaming hell. So Radcliffe Barrington, Baron Broadmoor decided to get it back from Miss Darcy Sherwood, card sharp and beautiful lady. It is a very engaging historical romance that takes the reader into a part of Regency England that is seldom explored. It is a very erotic novel that also explores the problems caused when men of easy morality refused to accept responsibility for the children they fathered. Darcy was g ...more
Happy Bookaholic
Almost didn't read it based on the irksome cover, but I'm glad I did.

The Good:
Sex, sex, sex

The Bad:
Sex, sex, sex

View it as an erotic sample of the author's naughty writings and all will be well. Analyze it for well-developed romance and pout. This is an enjoyable buffer book. Rest your brain cells inbetween great books and count the orgasms.
Iris
What a surprising book! I got it as a free read somewhere and was reluctant to read it since it's not quite my kind of thing. But that was not true at all! Although it's not my usual subject (fantasy and shifters ;) ) I was still happy reading it. Em Brown makes the characters real and it's quite interesting to read about a strong woman. They were very rare in that time.
Shelley
Free eBook. The idea was sound (woman wins estate in a poker game, head of estate tries to get it back, battle of wills ensues) and the writing was mostly good, but I really disliked the dynamic between the two leads. I couldn't really see that they actually liked each other, which made some moments of romance just weird. He was a jerk, but she wasn't much better.
K.R.Caldwell
This book was not as bad as some of the ratings made it out to be. It was ok...a little predictable, but good none the less.
Adele
Oct 17, 2010 Adele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i really liked this one.
i loved how it ended.
it even has a twist in it!
it's a surprising little historical erotica ebook.
I enjoyed this sexy romp.
Geraldine
Geraldine rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2012
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Jona
Jona rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Rachel Cron
Rachel Cron rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2011
Lola Amira
Lola Amira rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2013
Snowstorm
Snowstorm rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2011
jac
jac rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Hazel
Hazel rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2011
Jennifer Muller
Jennifer Muller rated it liked it
May 21, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2015
Tabakat
Tabakat rated it it was ok
Aug 24, 2013
Rebecca Adling
Rebecca Adling rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
After accidentally flashing the audience with her knickers, Em Brown decided that writing was a safer activity. She enjoys writing romance, particularly erotic historicals. For more about her works, visit www.EroticHistoricals.com.
More about Em Brown...