Blank-133x176
Force My Hand

Em Brown

Force My Hand

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Independent and always in command, Darcy Sherwood holds her own among the cads and rakes who frequent the dubious gaming hall where she works. When she has the opportunity to exact revenge upon the man who wronged her sister, she intends to provide the arrogant Baron Broadmoor the biggest set-down of his life--by requiring him to be her suitor. But when the Baron begins to...more
Published March 17th 2011 by Ravenous Romance (first published December 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Force My Hand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force My Hand

Leah
Warning: This book contains anal and vaginal sex in bed and unconventional places, dominance, submission, bondage, a ménage, an erotic dream involving five males and one female, and plenty of oral sex.
KarenH
If the Golden Rule of Smut is to "leave no orifice unfilled or sexual fantasy untried", then Em Brown did her homework and produced a nice little erotic historical smutmance.

holly quigley
As I was reading this, I'd nearly decided that this would probably be a 2-star rating, because in my mind, 2-stars is "nothing to write home about, but it didn't suck and I at least finished it." Unfortunately, by the time I got to the end, there were just so many small things wrong that they added up to one big cumulative "bleh!"

The short version: This reads like a first or second draft of a hastily written "good idea." The story is there, it has a lot of tropes that usually hit my "like" butto...more
Kelly
Currently a free read at Allromance.com, this wasn't a terrible book by any means but neither was it fantastically outstanding. In fact, there were times when I didn't quite understand what Darcy and Radcliff saw in one another. He calls her a whore, she's trying to milk him for a bunch of money to make up for the fact that his cousin won't claim her sister's illegitimate child. Like I said, it wasn't bad exactly, but neither was it fantastic.

One point in its favor were that the editorial issues...more
Judith
The baron wanted the family estate back after his nephew foolishly lost it at a gaming hell. So Radcliffe Barrington, Baron Broadmoor decided to get it back from Miss Darcy Sherwood, card sharp and beautiful lady. It is a very engaging historical romance that takes the reader into a part of Regency England that is seldom explored. It is a very erotic novel that also explores the problems caused when men of easy morality refused to accept responsibility for the children they fathered. Darcy was g...more
Witchmag's Boekenplank
What a surprising book! I got it as a free read somewhere and was reluctant to read it since it's not quite my kind of thing. But that was not true at all! Although it's not my usual subject (fantasy and shifters ;) ) I was still happy reading it. Em Brown makes the characters real and it's quite interesting to read about a strong woman. They were very rare in that time.
Shelley
Free eBook. The idea was sound (woman wins estate in a poker game, head of estate tries to get it back, battle of wills ensues) and the writing was mostly good, but I really disliked the dynamic between the two leads. I couldn't really see that they actually liked each other, which made some moments of romance just weird. He was a jerk, but she wasn't much better.
Happy Bookaholic
Almost didn't read it based on the irksome cover, but I'm glad I did.

The Good:
Sex, sex, sex

The Bad:
Sex, sex, sex

View it as an erotic sample of the author's naughty writings and all will be well. Analyze it for well-developed romance and pout. This is an enjoyable buffer book. Rest your brain cells inbetween great books and count the orgasms.
Adele
i really liked this one.
i loved how it ended.
it even has a twist in it!
it's a surprising little historical erotica ebook.
I enjoyed this sexy romp.
K.R.Caldwell
This book was not as bad as some of the ratings made it out to be. It was ok...a little predictable, but good none the less.
Shan
Shan marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Jul 23, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Cristina Renieri
Cristina Renieri marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Charlotte Pelzer
Charlotte Pelzer marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2013
Kelly Smith
Kelly Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Beryl
Beryl added it
Aug 04, 2013
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
After accidentally flashing the audience with her knickers, Em Brown decided that writing was a safer activity. She enjoys writing romance, particularly erotic historicals. For more about her works, visit www.EroticHistoricals.com.
More about Em Brown...
Mastering The Marchioness (Cavern of Pleasures, #1) Submitting to the Rake Conquering the Countess (Cavern of Pleasures, #2) All Wrapped up for Christmas Binding the Baroness (Cavern of Pleasures, #3)