Start by marking “Laugh and Live” as Want to Read:

Douglas Fairbanks

Laugh and Live

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A Joss Recording

Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford and Charlie Chaplin were the film industry's first superstars. They enjoyed fame and fortune worldwide. LAUGH AND LIVE, Fairbank's autobiography, recounts these times. It stayed on the bestseller lists for two years after its 1917 publication.

Fairbanks writes that "happiness is for all who strive to be happy--and those who

Audio CD
Published August 1st 2005 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published April 10th 1917)

To ask other readers questions about Laugh and Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laugh and Live

Princess April Morning-Glory
Apr 05, 2013 Princess April Morning-Glory rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LOA, Law of Attraction, Napolean Hill readers, Think and Grow Rich readers
Recommended to Princess April by: Letitia Fairbanks
I loved this little book of advice penned by Douglas Fairbanks in 1917, so much of it being the type of material Napolean Hill might have read, researching his seminal "Think and Grow Rich" in 1937. If you're predisposed to LOA material, I think you'll enjoy "Laugh and Live."

"Laugh and Live" is also descriptive of the time just prior to Fairbanks making his silent movie classics of the 1920s. America had yet to enter WWI, and there was a boundless enthusiasm that anyone (man) could get ahead in
Samantha Glasser
I like Douglas Fairbanks' movies, so I was excited to find out he wrote a book in his relatively short life, but when I got it, I was disappointed to find that rather than a memoir, this book is a feel-good self-help kind of manual which repeats over and over the benefits of positive thinking and laughter. It is a real bore, and rather long.

Read this book for free through Project Gutenberg: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12887/...
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Amishera
Amishera marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Brenna
Brenna marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2009
Making Life Worth While Hell Of A War Beauty And The Beast And Other Stories: 40th Anniversary Scientific Self-Defense Douglas Fairbanks: The Making of a Screen Character