Start by marking “The God of All Comfort” as Want to Read:
The God of All Comfort

The God of All Comfort

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Don't live in doubt and despair. Everything Christ promised-an abundant life and victory over sin-is available to you today! Colorful anecdotes illuminate every page, clarifying the book's vital message.
Published June 1st 1953 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The God of All Comfort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The God of All Comfort

Sue
This is another wonderful book by Miss Smith. She has a wonderful way of looking at life's crisis with an all powerful, all knowing, all caring God in mind. It is comforting and will help the Christian to look at life's struggles a little differently. A fabulous book that I would love to give to all my christian friends.
Robin
Jan 02, 2009 Robin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Who wouldn't want to read about the secret of this abundant life and victory over defeat?! I'm not sure where this book came from, other than Divine intervention. I look forward to taking the time to read this one!
Peggy
This is such a wonderful book! It addresses soooooooo many issues of our lives in such a practical way. My kind of women! I want to buy the book and read it again and take notes. I would love to teach what she has to share to others at next months small group session. I highly recommend it!:-)
Patricia
What an amazing blessing this book was! A keeper & one I will read again & again, trying to soak in the truths this godly Quaker woman so simply shares. 'Comfort & peace never come from anything we know about ourselves, but only & always from we know about Him.'
Maria Claudia
It is very difficult to talk about this book. It is just wonderful, not in a commom way. It touches a lot of stuff that trouble us in the christian life. She speaks clearly, deeply and simply. I'd give it a thousand stars, if I may. Highly recomended.
Summisse
i go back to its pages time and time again.
Barbara
Lots of good points.
Susan
If your love receptors are damaged, this is a must to dismantle your untruth with the truth of God and His love for you. She knows how to effectively articulate common misconceptions and faulty thinking on the human part that denies us receiving and believing God about Himself and about what He says about us. For those with broken lives, broken hearts, past failures and wounded by others, this is a journey of healing. You won't be the same after you're done.
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2015
Olivia
Olivia is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Jessu John
Jessu John is currently reading it
Dec 08, 2014
Pm
Pm marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Rebekah Lee
Rebekah Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life (Hendrickson Christian Classics) The Unselfishness of God God is Enough The Commonsense Teaching of the Bible The Open Secret

“My part," was the prompt reply, "was to run away, and the Lord's part was to run after me until He caught me.” 0 likes
“Why, I asked myself, should the children of God lead such utterly uncomfortable religious lives when He has led us to believe that His yoke would be easy and His burden light? Why are we tormented with so many spiritual doubts, and such heavy spiritual anxieties? Why do we find it so hard to be sure that God really loves us, and why is it that we never seem able to believe long at a time in His kindness and His care? How is it that we can let ourselves suspect Him of forgetting us and forsaking us in times of need? We can trust our earthly friends, and can be comfortable in their companionship, and why is it then that we cannot trust our heavenly Friend, and that we seem unable to be comfortable in His service?” 0 likes