Start by marking “Finders Keepers” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels thrills us, once again, with the story of an unforgettable young woman who was stolen as a toddler from a poor but loving family, and who must journey through a maze of heartbreak before she can reclaim her true identity.

Raised in a magnificent Charleston house, Jessie Roland wants for nothing. But as she grows into young a
Published February 1st 2005 by Zebra (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Nancy Rezich
Feb 23, 2016 Nancy Rezich rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My mother gave me this book to read she loved it, I don't have the heart to tell her it was one of the worst books I've read. I had a hard time getting through it and almost put the book aside.

For me this wasn't a love story or a mystery. I didn't like the storyline or it's flow, I felt it dragged on and on. I didn't like any of the characters and had a hard time with the actual writing.

I can see that many people loved this book and wrote very complimentary reviews. I am not one of those people.
Jessica Hubbard
Sep 05, 2015 Jessica Hubbard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Work of Art

The story of Jessie and Sophie, in Finder's Keepers, is one of the best intricately written stories I've read. I've Prob baby read ten Fern Michaels books MINIMUM to date and this is by far her best work that I've read of hers to date (Vegas Rich is a pretty close second).

Finder's Keepers begins in the year 1957, Thea & Barnes Roland's are still working through their grief of losing their daughter and Thea's inability to sustain a pregnancy. Barnes loves his wife and would do a
Gary M.
Jul 04, 2015 Gary M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Beasley
Apr 08, 2014 Laura Beasley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good story by Fern Michaels. Hannah is kidnapped as a toddler and is brought up with wealth and all the material things you could want but she never felt loved. Her mother kept her away form everyone and she grew up with only one friend Sophie. Sophie's mother is the 3rd wealthiest woman in the world and comes home about 3 days a year. Sophie grows up with nannys and housekeepers. The two girls- Sophie and Jessie-her new name-are best friends forever. The struggles of both girls and the ...more
Country Goose
Lelia
Apr 14, 2009 Lelia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I have no idea why I'm attempting to finish this syrupy goo of a book. A curse of mine is the feeling that any book started must be finished. The plot is good; the "spoken" dialog detailing every action is really, really bad.
Robin
About a year ago I read my first Fern Michaels book, LATE BLOOMER, and I loved it. It was an emotional roller coaster. It made me want to find everything else she’s written, and I’ve been steadily collecting her books ever since, though I didn’t read another one until this one. And I’m sorry to say if FINDERS KEEPERS had been the first one I read instead of the second, I probably would not have bothered to look for any others.

The story itself was good. It was an interesting premise. We meet Jes
Julie Barrett
Jan 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finders keepers by Fern Michaels
Jelly has returned and he's injured. The baby is not with him.
Grace's daughter, Hannah has been taken. The dog must've ran after the car that took the girl.
She can't believe her girl isn't there, she sewed dresses for her and knitted her sweaters for when she returned. 18 years later he gives her choices: he's tired of working 2 jobs and same food every night, either
they start spending some of the money or he's out of there.
She has a girl and is there when she go
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 11, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
Jessie Rowland started life as Hannah Larsen – she was stolen from her pram when she was 2 years old by Thea Rowland and her husband Barnes. Although her upbringing was privileged and she never wanted for material things and her parents loved her something always seemed to be missing and what about the nightmares she had? Her mother was over protective and only allowed her one friend that was Sophie Ashworth – the daughter of Thea’s childhood friend Janet.

When Jessie was 19 she left home to go t
Julie Cameron
I really wanted to like this book more than I actually did. There was just so much going on in it that I felt it didn't do any one storyline all that well -- either it's about a kidnapped child, or a cheating senator, or a mother-daughter relationship -- there was so much going on I felt it diluted whatever the main purpose of the book was supposed to be.
Kelly
Aug 25, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have only read a few of her books but I really like how she writes. There was some language in this book, which I didn't like, and it didn't show up until about a third of the way through the book. I also thought the ending wasn't the best, otherwise I would have given it another star. I'd like to try another of her books and see what I think. The first book of hers I read years ago and can't even remember the title. The first part of Finders Keepers is about this woman that loses her child (t ...more
Sharon Selleck
Aug 15, 2016 Sharon Selleck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Storyline

I have read many of Ms. Michaels books but this one was so intense I could hardly put it down. The story line is very entertaining.
Sandi
Aug 25, 2016 Sandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had a hard time getting past all the grammatical and continuity errors. A good story, but could've definitely used some proofreading prior to publication.
Sue Dupuis
Aug 29, 2016 Sue Dupuis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened on CD and love it. Great story, just wish it was continued, although I believe the Vegas trilogy is next? Anyone know for sure?
Pat Davis
Interesting story line that keeps you guessing till around the last quarter. Quite enjoyable fiction.
Fran
Aug 24, 2015 Fran rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have read many wonderful books by Fern Michaels,but this was not one of them.
Nikki
Jul 05, 2015 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this twice. Once I 2000 and again this summer. One of my favorite books
Leslie
Sep 28, 2015 Leslie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not enjoy this book at all. I don't know if it was because it was written a while ago or not.
Laurie Sacrey
Awesome always a good read from Fern Michaels
Christine
Oct 21, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
I liked this book, recently dove back in to reading after a long absence. I've read a few of Fern Michael's books and do like them. They keep one entertained. This book made me cry .... tears.... streaming down my face. One minute I'm reading the next big girl tears.

I can't get past the typographical errors or where the names were wrong.. I found this happening in Trading Places as well. It forces the reader to go back and re-read the paragraph before you realize that it is the author / editor
Brenda Thibault
Love love loved it. wish it didnt end
Joyce
Jan 07, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of two girls, Jessie and Sophie, who have been best friends since they were children. Each has more money than either will ever need but neither girl is interested in the wealth. Sophie is haunted by her mother's behavior and her lack of interest in anything Sophie does. Jessie's mother is overbearing and overprotective toward Jessie. Fortunately Sophie and Jessie have each other. This novel demonstrates money can't buy those items that make us truly happy and we should vàlue our friends ...more
Joan Bennett
Riveting
Anne
Jun 12, 2015 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story up until the end. I was disappointed by how thongs shook out. It felt rushed and incomplete.
Adrienne Campbell
In true Fern Michaels style this book is full of over-the-top characters and situations. It seems almost everyone is incredibly rich and has the most amazing resources....yeah, right. The story revolves around a child abduction, the destruction of the families involved and the long winding road into the victim's adult life. The heroine in this tale is a nice enough person but frankly the rest of the characters lack....character.
Cas H.
Aug 02, 2013 Cas H. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finders Keepers n this book,the main character leaves home and gets a job in Washington D.C. she has always felt uncomfortable at home especially around her obsessive mother, who won't let her breathe. In times it drags, but this story does have a good plot and I would recommend it to someone who like to read a lot.
Peggy Jeffcoat
I read this book on the recommendation of a friend. She loved it, but I didn't like it quite so much. The plot was a little unbelievable and simplistic. I finished it because I did want to know how it ended. It is what I would call "light reading."
Cindy
Dec 15, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of the books I would take from my Grandma's night stand & read when I was younger. Over the top characters and a tale that could be believable but really isn't. A good brain candy kind of book that is good for passing time. Okay read.
Karen
Not sure I will read another by Fern Michaels. This was like a soap opera that wouldn't quite end. Every time I thought it was over there were more pages to go.
After sticking through to the end it all wound up nicely.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Commitments
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • Priceless
  • Bond of Blood
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...