Start by marking “Finders Keepers” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  722 ratings  ·  35 reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Fern Michaels thrills us, once again, with the story of an unforgettable young woman who was stolen as a toddler from a poor but loving family, and who must journey through a maze of heartbreak before she can reclaim her true identity. Raised in a magnificent Charleston house, Jessie Roland wants for nothing. But as she grows into young...more
Published February 1st 2005 by Zebra Books (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Laura Beasley
Another good story by Fern Michaels. Hannah is kidnapped as a toddler and is brought up with wealth and all the material things you could want but she never felt loved. Her mother kept her away form everyone and she grew up with only one friend Sophie. Sophie's mother is the 3rd wealthiest woman in the world and comes home about 3 days a year. Sophie grows up with nannys and housekeepers. The two girls- Sophie and Jessie-her new name-are best friends forever. The struggles of both girls and the...more
OctoberWoman
About a year ago I read my first Fern Michaels book, LATE BLOOMER, and I loved it. It was an emotional roller coaster. It made me want to find everything else she’s written, and I’ve been steadily collecting her books ever since, though I didn’t read another one until this one. And I’m sorry to say if FINDERS KEEPERS had been the first one I read instead of the second, I probably would not have bothered to look for any others.

The story itself was good. It was an interesting premise. We meet Jes...more
Julie Barrett
finders keepers by Fern Michaels
Jelly has returned and he's injured. The baby is not with him.
Grace's daughter, Hannah has been taken. The dog must've ran after the car that took the girl.
She can't believe her girl isn't there, she sewed dresses for her and knitted her sweaters for when she returned. 18 years later he gives her choices: he's tired of working 2 jobs and same food every night, either
they start spending some of the money or he's out of there.
She has a girl and is there when she go...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jessie Rowland started life as Hannah Larsen – she was stolen from her pram when she was 2 years old by Thea Rowland and her husband Barnes. Although her upbringing was privileged and she never wanted for material things and her parents loved her something always seemed to be missing and what about the nightmares she had? Her mother was over protective and only allowed her one friend that was Sophie Ashworth – the daughter of Thea’s childhood friend Janet.

When Jessie was 19 she left home to go t...more
Kelly
I have only read a few of her books but I really like how she writes. There was some language in this book, which I didn't like, and it didn't show up until about a third of the way through the book. I also thought the ending wasn't the best, otherwise I would have given it another star. I'd like to try another of her books and see what I think. The first book of hers I read years ago and can't even remember the title. The first part of Finders Keepers is about this woman that loses her child (t...more
Christine
Oct 21, 2013 Christine rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
I liked this book, recently dove back in to reading after a long absence. I've read a few of Fern Michael's books and do like them. They keep one entertained. This book made me cry .... tears.... streaming down my face. One minute I'm reading the next big girl tears.

I can't get past the typographical errors or where the names were wrong.. I found this happening in Trading Places as well. It forces the reader to go back and re-read the paragraph before you realize that it is the author / editor...more
Joyce
A story of two girls, Jessie and Sophie, who have been best friends since they were children. Each has more money than either will ever need but neither girl is interested in the wealth. Sophie is haunted by her mother's behavior and her lack of interest in anything Sophie does. Jessie's mother is overbearing and overprotective toward Jessie. Fortunately Sophie and Jessie have each other. This novel demonstrates money can't buy those items that make us truly happy and we should vàlue our friends...more
Adrienne Campbell
In true Fern Michaels style this book is full of over-the-top characters and situations. It seems almost everyone is incredibly rich and has the most amazing resources....yeah, right. The story revolves around a child abduction, the destruction of the families involved and the long winding road into the victim's adult life. The heroine in this tale is a nice enough person but frankly the rest of the characters lack....character.
Cas H.
Finders Keepers n this book,the main character leaves home and gets a job in Washington D.C. she has always felt uncomfortable at home especially around her obsessive mother, who won't let her breathe. In times it drags, but this story does have a good plot and I would recommend it to someone who like to read a lot.
Peggy Jeffcoat
I read this book on the recommendation of a friend. She loved it, but I didn't like it quite so much. The plot was a little unbelievable and simplistic. I finished it because I did want to know how it ended. It is what I would call "light reading."
Cindy
This book reminded me of the books I would take from my Grandma's night stand & read when I was younger. Over the top characters and a tale that could be believable but really isn't. A good brain candy kind of book that is good for passing time. Okay read.
Lelia
I have no idea why I'm attempting to finish this syrupy goo of a book. A curse of mine is the feeling that any book started must be finished. The plot is good; the "spoken" dialog detailing every action is really, really bad.
Karen
Not sure I will read another by Fern Michaels. This was like a soap opera that wouldn't quite end. Every time I thought it was over there were more pages to go.
After sticking through to the end it all wound up nicely.
Lorhainne Eckhart
This was a great story that had a lot of potential. This is where an editor at Zebra Books\Kensington should have come in to flesh out the storyline a little bit better. Too many loose ends.
Anne
Maybe it's because I just gave birth to my daughter at the time. But I couldn't put this book down. This is a tad bit more intense than her other books.
Penny
I loved this book. It literally made me cry. I've read this book twice, and it's one of the few books that remains on my bookshelf.
Marcia Cabrales
I really enjoyed this read however the plot had so many twists and turns that I thought, oh, come on now, this is really too weird.
Audrey
Brain candy book. Just when you think it'll be over everything is turned on its head. The ending was a little weak.
Carolin Leggett
The only saving grace about this book were the dogs. I laughed out loud when reading about the new Jelly and puppy.
Fran
Fern Michaels is another writer I reserve for the light summer reads. This is one of her better ones.
Marie
liked the story, but there were way too many typos and inconsistencies for me to love it.
Pauline
This book was a real page turner. I really enjoyed reading it.
Deanna
lots of plot twists, come backs and perseverance; finished the book happy/
Joyce
It could have been so much better. It could have been worse, too.
Linda Farmer
Good book but a little disappointed in the ending.
Darlene
Was okay. Just took long for anything to happen.
BethAnn
wish all kidnappings ended like this.
Teresa
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Leslie
Another memorable book
Pat Baratta
She wrote another one.
  • Commitments
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • Bond of Blood
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition, #1)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
  • Heart of the Falcon
  • Fairy Tale Weddings: Cindy and the Prince / Some Kind of Wonderful
  • Love in Another Town
  • Wild at Heart
  • Promises
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)