Start by marking “Finders Keepers” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,006 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels thrills us, once again, with the story of an unforgettable young woman who was stolen as a toddler from a poor but loving family, and who must journey through a maze of heartbreak before she can reclaim her true identity.

Raised in a magnificent Charleston house, Jessie Roland wants for nothing. But as she grows into young a
Published February 1st 2005 by Zebra (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Lelia
Apr 14, 2009 Lelia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I have no idea why I'm attempting to finish this syrupy goo of a book. A curse of mine is the feeling that any book started must be finished. The plot is good; the "spoken" dialog detailing every action is really, really bad.
Nancy
Feb 23, 2016 Nancy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My mother gave me this book to read she loved it, I don't have the heart to tell her it was one of the worst books I've read. I had a hard time getting through it and almost put the book aside.

For me this wasn't a love story or a mystery. I didn't like the storyline or it's flow, I felt it dragged on and on. I didn't like any of the characters and had a hard time with the actual writing.

I can see that many people loved this book and wrote very complimentary reviews. I am not one of those people.
Shirlene
Thea Roland, wife of Barnes Roland, was at her doctors office to get help. She had 3 miscarriages and 2 stillborn children. Their daughter had just died. She was in terrible mental shape. They left Atlanta to go home and stopped to get gas in Tennessee. There was a little girl left outside with her dog, Jelly, while her mother was inside picking up her husband from work. Thea grabbed the little girl and put her in their car and Barnes drove off quickly. Thea yelled out the window, "Finders, Keep ...more
Annie Garvey
Oct 28, 2016 Annie Garvey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's not the worst book I've ever read. That book was Michaels "Yesterday." If I didn't belong to a book club, I never would have finished this book. However, it did lead to lively book discussion.
Robin
Apr 03, 2013 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
About a year ago I read my first Fern Michaels book, LATE BLOOMER, and I loved it. It was an emotional roller coaster. It made me want to find everything else she’s written, and I’ve been steadily collecting her books ever since, though I didn’t read another one until this one. And I’m sorry to say if FINDERS KEEPERS had been the first one I read instead of the second, I probably would not have bothered to look for any others.

The story itself was good. It was an interesting premise. We meet Jes
Gary M.
Jul 04, 2015 Gary M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Hubbard
Sep 05, 2015 Jessica Hubbard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Work of Art

The story of Jessie and Sophie, in Finder's Keepers, is one of the best intricately written stories I've read. I've Prob baby read ten Fern Michaels books MINIMUM to date and this is by far her best work that I've read of hers to date (Vegas Rich is a pretty close second).

Finder's Keepers begins in the year 1957, Thea & Barnes Roland's are still working through their grief of losing their daughter and Thea's inability to sustain a pregnancy. Barnes loves his wife and would do a
Susan Ross
Nov 23, 2016 Susan Ross rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Although I couldn't put it down, I really can't say it was an enjoyable read. I kept thinking things would tie together in the end. They didn't. A lot of the plot made no sense to me, and I hate endings that have lose ends. The rest are spoilers and I don't know how to hide them so don't read anymore if you don't want to know how the book ends. Otherwise scroll down.

Things I didn't like:

1) Jessie always felt she had no connection with her "parents." At the end of the book she finds out she was k
Julie Barrett
Jan 01, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finders keepers by Fern Michaels
Jelly has returned and he's injured. The baby is not with him.
Grace's daughter, Hannah has been taken. The dog must've ran after the car that took the girl.
She can't believe her girl isn't there, she sewed dresses for her and knitted her sweaters for when she returned. 18 years later he gives her choices: he's tired of working 2 jobs and same food every night, either
they start spending some of the money or he's out of there.
She has a girl and is there when she go
Country Goose
Laura Beasley
Apr 08, 2014 Laura Beasley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good story by Fern Michaels. Hannah is kidnapped as a toddler and is brought up with wealth and all the material things you could want but she never felt loved. Her mother kept her away form everyone and she grew up with only one friend Sophie. Sophie's mother is the 3rd wealthiest woman in the world and comes home about 3 days a year. Sophie grows up with nannys and housekeepers. The two girls- Sophie and Jessie-her new name-are best friends forever. The struggles of both girls and the ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 11, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, audiobook
Jessie Rowland started life as Hannah Larsen – she was stolen from her pram when she was 2 years old by Thea Rowland and her husband Barnes. Although her upbringing was privileged and she never wanted for material things and her parents loved her something always seemed to be missing and what about the nightmares she had? Her mother was over protective and only allowed her one friend that was Sophie Ashworth – the daughter of Thea’s childhood friend Janet.

When Jessie was 19 she left home to go t
Kelly
Aug 25, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have only read a few of her books but I really like how she writes. There was some language in this book, which I didn't like, and it didn't show up until about a third of the way through the book. I also thought the ending wasn't the best, otherwise I would have given it another star. I'd like to try another of her books and see what I think. The first book of hers I read years ago and can't even remember the title. The first part of Finders Keepers is about this woman that loses her child (t ...more
Christine
Oct 21, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
I liked this book, recently dove back in to reading after a long absence. I've read a few of Fern Michael's books and do like them. They keep one entertained. This book made me cry .... tears.... streaming down my face. One minute I'm reading the next big girl tears.

I can't get past the typographical errors or where the names were wrong.. I found this happening in Trading Places as well. It forces the reader to go back and re-read the paragraph before you realize that it is the author / editor
Joyce
Jan 07, 2014 Joyce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A story of two girls, Jessie and Sophie, who have been best friends since they were children. Each has more money than either will ever need but neither girl is interested in the wealth. Sophie is haunted by her mother's behavior and her lack of interest in anything Sophie does. Jessie's mother is overbearing and overprotective toward Jessie. Fortunately Sophie and Jessie have each other. This novel demonstrates money can't buy those items that make us truly happy and we should vàlue our friends ...more
Adrienne Campbell
In true Fern Michaels style this book is full of over-the-top characters and situations. It seems almost everyone is incredibly rich and has the most amazing resources....yeah, right. The story revolves around a child abduction, the destruction of the families involved and the long winding road into the victim's adult life. The heroine in this tale is a nice enough person but frankly the rest of the characters lack....character.
Cas H.
Aug 02, 2013 Cas H. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finders Keepers n this book,the main character leaves home and gets a job in Washington D.C. she has always felt uncomfortable at home especially around her obsessive mother, who won't let her breathe. In times it drags, but this story does have a good plot and I would recommend it to someone who like to read a lot.
Julie Cameron
I really wanted to like this book more than I actually did. There was just so much going on in it that I felt it didn't do any one storyline all that well -- either it's about a kidnapped child, or a cheating senator, or a mother-daughter relationship -- there was so much going on I felt it diluted whatever the main purpose of the book was supposed to be.
GINGER DEVINE
Jan 19, 2016 GINGER DEVINE rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only words forFinders Keepers is WOW!

This book will pull on your heart strings . Every word and paragraph is filled with love in many descriptions. Michael's has created something so riveting, you will share it with everyone u know . It takes a world of deep love to put pencil to paper and fill your readers with that love as you read it.
Karen
Not sure I will read another by Fern Michaels. This was like a soap opera that wouldn't quite end. Every time I thought it was over there were more pages to go.
After sticking through to the end it all wound up nicely.
Cindy
Dec 15, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of the books I would take from my Grandma's night stand & read when I was younger. Over the top characters and a tale that could be believable but really isn't. A good brain candy kind of book that is good for passing time. Okay read.
Peggy Jeffcoat
I read this book on the recommendation of a friend. She loved it, but I didn't like it quite so much. The plot was a little unbelievable and simplistic. I finished it because I did want to know how it ended. It is what I would call "light reading."
Sharon Selleck
Aug 15, 2016 Sharon Selleck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Storyline

I have read many of Ms. Michaels books but this one was so intense I could hardly put it down. The story line is very entertaining.
Anne
Jun 12, 2015 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story up until the end. I was disappointed by how thongs shook out. It felt rushed and incomplete.
Marcia Cabrales
Jul 09, 2013 Marcia Cabrales rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this read however the plot had so many twists and turns that I thought, oh, come on now, this is really too weird.
Audrey
Feb 17, 2011 Audrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brain candy book. Just when you think it'll be over everything is turned on its head. The ending was a little weak.
Sandi
Aug 25, 2016 Sandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had a hard time getting past all the grammatical and continuity errors. A good story, but could've definitely used some proofreading prior to publication.
Anne
Nov 13, 2012 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's because I just gave birth to my daughter at the time. But I couldn't put this book down. This is a tad bit more intense than her other books.
Penny Doucette
Jul 13, 2010 Penny Doucette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book. It literally made me cry. I've read this book twice, and it's one of the few books that remains on my bookshelf.
Lorhainne Eckhart
This was a great story that had a lot of potential. This is where an editor at Zebra Books\Kensington should have come in to flesh out the storyline a little bit better. Too many loose ends.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Commitments
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • Sunshine and Shadow
  • Priceless
  • Bond of Blood
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...