Start by marking “The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage” as Want to Read:
The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage

The Tasha Tudor Cookbook: Recipes and Reminiscences from Corgi Cottage

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Tasha Tudor, beloved children's book author and illustrator, has at last written her long-awaited cookbook. In words and the enchanting watercolors for which she is renowned, she shares the recipes she has gathered over a lifetime - some that have been passed down for generations and some that she created specially for her children and grandchildren. These traditional reci...more
Published November 29th 2009 by Little, Brown and Company (first published November 17th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Tasha Tudor Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tasha Tudor Cookbook

Crystal
Tasha Tudor's art is always pretty. I guess I figured, based on her nostalgic art, that the recipes here would be old fashioned too, from scratch, wholesome things. and some of them were. recipes from her Dady, her nanny, for example. But I was surprised at how many recipes called for premade ingredients, by brand name (eg--Velveeta cheese, Kellog's All Bran, etc.). It felt like product placement, which made me feel a little dirty. I didn't think that's what Tudor was about. Some of the recipes...more
Tasia
Alright, I'm not sure about you, but there are corgis on the cover of this thing and that has me sold. On a not-corgi related note, the recipes-- or rather, receipts-- in this collection make me want to go out into my garden this very moment and glean what I can to make a simple, wonderful meal. Tasha Tudor stresses the need for freshness, but also makes me feel like everything must be done with love. Thorough, well-done, and with love.

I say that's a pretty good cookbook if it makes you want to...more
Shayna
This is a wonderful book! I use it as a peak into the life of Tasha Tudor as well as a source of recipes, or receipts as she calls them. I especially enjoy the story and recipe for Becky's birthday cake!
Tara
Reading this book is like being in the kitchen with Tasha Tudor while she tells you the story of who this "receipt" came from along with tips on how to make the dish come out perfectly.
Meltha
Very nice, but be sure to visit the family's website to see the corrections made to a few of the recipes (apparently the editor was in favor of unsalted butter and no garlic).
Dianna
I wasn't very interested in the recipes, as most are a bit heavy for my style, but the pictures are beautiful and the writing is interesting.
Christina
A lot of comfort, farm foods. I love the stories behind her recipes. She seems like a fascinating woman. I think I'll check out her biography.
Jen
I love Tasha Tudors little quips included in this book, like how her cat crawled up into the rising bread dough bowl for a warm spot.
Wandac
Beautiful illustrations. She illustrated children's books and it shows. Recipes are ordinary but worth the read.
Robynn
Recipes with personal reminiscing. Lovely drawings. Skipped and set aside to go back to some day.
 Emmy's Grammy (Susan)
My daughter has this book now...I hope she enjoys it like I did.
Sally
Another bargain book from BYU Bookstore.
Joanne
The best gingerbread recipe ever.
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Si
Si marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Denise Gordon
Denise Gordon marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jackie Shoemaker
Jackie Shoemaker marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 09, 2014
Cam
Cam added it
Jun 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Tasha Tudor was an American illustrator and author of children's books.
More about Tasha Tudor...
1 Is One The Private World of Tasha Tudor A Time to Keep: Time to Keep A is for Annabelle Corgiville Fair