Start by marking “The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4 (The Spellmans, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4 (The Spellmans, #1-4)

The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4 (The Spellmans #1-4)

This e-book box set features the first four books in Lisa Lutz’s bestselling Spellman series, including:
The Spellman Files: Meet the Spellmans: a family of sleuths for whom eavesdropping is a mandatory skill, locks are meant to be picked, past missteps are never forgotten, and blackmail is the preferred form of communication. The gunshot that set off the race of irresist
ebook, 1969 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Simon & Schuster (first published June 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spellman Series Box Set 1 - 4

Jill
Dec 13, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
This was a fun, cute book! It was a fast, easy read. I intend to read the rest of the series just haven't returned to it. It reminded my along the lines of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich.
Amanda Robinson
Jun 07, 2013 Amanda Robinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
Searching Amazon showed that this series is being lumped in with chicklit mysteries, which I think does them a great disservice. It's somewhat hard to describe the series because while the main character is a private investigator in a family business and there is something approaching a central mystery to be solved over the course of the book, the real draw in the humorous writing style, the human flaws of all, but especially the main, characters, and the bouncing-around approach to narration. H ...more
Aline Soules
Mar 23, 2015 Aline Soules rated it it was amazing
This series is a hoot. Set in San Francisco, this is about the Spellman family, a family of private investigators. They spend much of their time investigating each other while also trying to solve actual cases, many of which have unexpected twists and turns. The setting is authentic. The author clearly knows the SF Bay Area personally. There are also some very interesting writing elements, especially for a novel. The author uses footnotes, appendices, text messaging, all sorts of techniques very ...more
Kori Morris
Jan 24, 2012 Kori Morris rated it it was amazing
One of those series that becomes progressively funnier (and more realistic, in a way), the Spellman Files delighted both my mother and myself as we read them from year to year. With cases that in no way become too dramatic or unrealistic coupled with amusingly wonderful characters (that also have some depth and mystery) and a pinch of humor, this is one of the funniest mysteries (or just comedies) you could want.
Stephanie
I picked this series for my beach read for this summer. It was a perfect pick. Nothing too heavy. I think the main character, Isabel Spellman, wasn't even the best. It was the quirky surrounding characters and her interactions with them that were so entertaining. Some tender moments even and the crimes were always solved and sometimes even with a little twist. I read the 6 books in the series over a matter of our 3 weeks of travel and such. Very easy.
Carol
May 14, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
When I can't wait to read the next book, whether it has been written yet or not, I'm going to give out some 5 stars. For the Spellmans, I loved every book, narrated by the ever-quirky Isabel Spellman who may be hard to understand, but is quite easy to love. As long as she's not MY daughter! Such a fun series!
Triss
May 26, 2016 Triss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this series. Isabelle is a bit more than a bit trying, but in any case, I am very fond of each member of this family. And the wonderful geography, fictional as well as not, of San Francisco and Oakland.
Jun 05, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
I loved it. The stories took place in San Francisco. The writer rights how I would so I totally understood and followed everything. Really enjoyable! I liked to imagine Rea as Louis from Bob's Burgers.
Jerry Hardison
Sep 22, 2012 Jerry Hardison rated it it was amazing
This series tells the tale of one of the quirkiest families ever. You'll love them. The parents and three children are seen through the eyes of the older daughter. They run a not-run-of-the-mill detective agency and spend half their time spying on each other. Highly recommend.
Cdelory
Jan 16, 2016 Cdelory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the four Spellman books in quick succession. They follow the comic antics of the quirky Spellman family who are private detectives living in San Francisco. I love the family dynamics and, though mostly hilarious, they can strike a touching note as well.
Francesca
Oct 05, 2015 Francesca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love the Spellman family. I want to spend more time with them. Each character is more fantastic than the next.
Alesia
Mar 23, 2012 Alesia rated it liked it
Picked these up at a book fair. Janet Evanovich is my guilty pleasure and I read that this series was similar. They are getting progressively funnier.
Stacie
Dec 24, 2011 Stacie added it
Loved this series from start to finish! A must read I it fits your likes for reading material! Never dull, hilarious, written to keep you interested!
Ruth
Jul 09, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it
The Spellman family has the goofiest family detective agency ever. Start with #1 and read them all!
Carey Shea
Sep 04, 2012 Carey Shea rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is a pretty funny series of books. It's about a family of crazy private investigators. Very enjoyable.
Cheryle Potterf
Jan 19, 2014 Cheryle Potterf rated it liked it
Enjoyed the characters, good narrator.
Sarah Cool
Sarah Cool rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Shirley Tong
Shirley Tong rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2014
Lalalaura
Lalalaura rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
Cheryle Potterf
Cheryle Potterf rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Patricia Wood
Patricia Wood rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2013
Elise Daniel
Elise Daniel rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Heather Ess
Heather Ess rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Kim Triplett gilbert
Kim Triplett gilbert rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Mary P.
Mary P. rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
Melissa Simmons
Melissa Simmons rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Lo
Lo rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
L M
L M rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2013
  • Isabel Spellman's Guide to Etiquette: What is Wrong with You People
  • Name Dropping
  • The Butler Did It
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Jane Goes Batty (Jane Fairfax, #2)
  • A Frog in the Bog
  • Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe /Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!
  • At the Sign of the Golden Pineapple
  • On Top of Spaghetti
  • Dreamwalker (The Red Dragon Academy, #1)
  • Hot Chocolate
  • The Horse in My Garage and Other Stories
  • Motherhood Is Murder
  • Heaven Preserve Us (Home Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • Stigma
  • On the Wrong Track
  • Drinking with Dead Women Writers
  • Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes: A Cookbook for Preschoolers and Up
Lisa Lutz is the New York Times bestselling author of the six books in the Spellman series, How to Start a Fire, Heads you Lose (with David Hayward), and the children's book, How to Negotiate Everything (illustrated by Jaime Temairik). Her latest book, The Passenger, a psychological thriller, will be published March 2016 by Simon and Schuster. Lutz has won the Alex award and has been nominated for ...more
More about Lisa Lutz...

The Spellmans (6 books)
  • The Spellman Files (The Spellmans, #1)
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Revenge of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #3)
  • The Spellmans Strike Again (The Spellmans, #4)
  • Trail of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #5)
  • The Last Word (The Spellmans, #6)