Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A TANGLED WEB OF INTRIGUE

Phoenix Wright, ace attorney, takes up the case of the spider fanatic and recluse Bobby Wolfe, accused of arson– and murder! in the conclusion of the case, Phoenix stands up to his arch-nemesis, Miles Edgeworth, to fight for Bobby's innocence in the courtroom!

Includes special extras after the story!
Published August 23rd 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published July 1st 2010)

Sesana
Volume 2 still feels very like playing the game. There are two cases here: the end of the Spiderman case from the previous volume, and a complete case involving costumed characters. Both feature Edgeworth as prosecutor, which was pretty much what I'd been waiting for. I love that it feels so true to the characters (for the most part), and that the art is pretty faithful.
Jessica
Turnabout Gallows (Part Two): The exciting conclusion to the baffling case of the spider man, but, erm.....not that Spider-Man. First things first, I have to admire the attempt here to develop an interesting locked(ish) room case, with a unique solution that I wouldn't dream of spoiling. That said....I don't think there's a single thing about said solution that doesn't require stretching one's suspension of belief to the breaking point, even by the standards of the Phoenix Wright series, with it...more
Janice
Pretty good, but I totally figured out one of the cases really easily. First volume was better.
Anna
Feb 24, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
To get back on that "its like the games but with less buttons" joke - at one point the story even pulls the "oops.. presented the wrong evidence" joke (what, your touchscreen never accidentally presented wrong bit in the game itself?)

This book has the second part of the spiders/arson story from the 1st volume, plus a new case with theme park mascots.
Also there's a neat lil translations notes page explaining why English-version characters were named what they were named. Someone really had to thi...more
Adriane
Another cute foray into the world of Phoenix Wright. The art isn't exactly the same as the game but it keeps the spirit of the game which is more important I think. The characters are funny and alive, I would definitely recommend this book.
Lisa
I great book for any Phoenix Wright fan but make sure to buy the 1st book first because the first case carries on from the first 1 book. There is also a few contradiction in the book.
Kelli
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Lissibith
This series really has the same feel as the games, the same mix of fun and mystery, the quirky characters and the oddball scenarios.
Dec 05, 2013 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Awesome! I love Phoenix Wright so much.
Sushi
Sushi added it
Jun 25, 2014
Sumsum
Sumsum added it
Jun 21, 2014
Rambler
Rambler marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Official Casebook Vol.1 - The Phoenix Wright Files Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 1 The Miles Edgeworth Files (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Casebook, #2) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 4 Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations 1