Start by marking “The Ark of Humanity” as Want to Read:
The Ark of Humanity
Read Book

The Ark of Humanity

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  13 reviews
God flooded the earth to annihilate humanity's sins. What if that sinful race didn't die when floodwaters covered them but instead adapted to breathe water?
Published February 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about The Ark of Humanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ark of Humanity

A Man and His God by Janet E. MorrisWake of the Riddler by Janet E. MorrisMage Blood by Janet E. MorrisWizard Weather by Janet E. MorrisLifted by Evan Ratliff
Best Kindle Singles
10th out of 32 books — 34 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGraceling by Kristin CashoreUglies by Scott WesterfeldShiver by Maggie StiefvaterPretties by Scott Westerfeld
Best Kindle Books
67th out of 364 books — 329 voters

More lists with this book...

Ivan Amberlake
The Ark of Humanity is an absolutely stunning novel exploring the idea of how people managed to survive the Great Flood by mutating and living underwater. The plot line Scott J. Toney has created is very engaging, making the book unputdownable.

From the very first chapter I got immersed into the underwater world, fascinated by the imagery the author has created, eager to read more and find out what will happen at the end. The characters are believable and easy to relate to, and what’s really impo
Gemma Farrow
The Ark of Humanity is the first time I've read a book based beneath the ocean. I was fascinated by the blurb, and on this basis decided to read the book.

The author manages to capture a world beyond our knowing, and he makes it easy for us to translate his words into solid images. He writes with conviction and creates realistic, unique and often unsettling characters.

I connected with the main character Maanta; he possessed and innocence and curiosity that was underpinned by a sense of rejectio
Ivan Amberlake

Maretha Botha
I read Scott Toney's "The Ark of Humanity" when he originally showcased it on the HarperCollins website. I found the writing smooth, imaginative and thought-provoking. I can recommend his book as an excellent weekend reader!:-)
Diane Lauritzen
Vadym Samoylov
What a tough read. I had to force myself to finish this book. The story moves at a snail's pace, and I just really could not get into it. When I first read the description of the book, I was really excited to try it out. Unfortunately, all of that potential went untapped. The characters were overly simplistic, the writing style was essentially unreadable with overly elaborate sentences adding a huge amount of fluff to what was a very basic book. There was also a lot of preaching about God, which ...more
Byron Mills
I liked this book. It is an interesting spin off from the Noah's ark story.
Natalie
Very interesting. Cool alternate reality/history.
sh(e)reader
This was a different read ... it was actually really hard for me to get through, I kept just trying to push myself to finish it. It's not that it is bad, it's just complex, not "easy" or quick reading. The language is quite poetic, and the world ...

In so much fantasy/sci-fi, much talk is given to "world building". Now, I'm just a lover of books, all this reviewing and critiquing is still rather new to me. I just have to say, in any "new" world, I don't know that I've ever encountered anything SO
Jen Blackham
ok - I must admit upfront I did not finish this book. I pushed myself to the halfway point and then ... there are SO many other books out there, I decided not to force myself to finish. I did jump to the end and read a bit more, and I didn't really feel like I'd missed much, but it helped with my sense of closure *Ü*

This was a very violent book! Perhaps some of that was just part of it being underwater ... the descriptions of the blood and torn flesh floating all around was just a little more vi
Lela Markham
Fantasy as it should be, breaking new ground and bringing us into a world we have not trekked before.

Scott J. Toney writes a delightful story that asks the question -- what happened to the people who did not make it onto the Ark of Noah? They evolved into merfolk.

The exploration of this undersea world involved new concepts of up and down, locomotion and even speak. Toney does a grand job bringing this world to full realization in a way that surprises and delights the reader.
Jolie
This was a different kind of book and even after reading it, I am still uncertain if I liked it. The story itself was good. The author took the story of The Great Flood and added to it.

He raised the question of if there were survivors of The Great Flood, other than Noah, what happened to them. And the answer was great: They turned into merpeople. There was two types of merpeople. One race that has arms/legs like people and are gentle/kind. The other race has the typical merperson tail and are w
Anna Beack
I'm extremely disappointed that the author feels the needs to preach God's word and include sex scenes and extreme cursing in the book. I'm almost finished and I already have lost respect for the book with the unnecessary use of wordings and situations.

It moved so sloooowly and it was so hard to get into. The plot line could have been great if not for all the extra stuff. About 25% of the already looong book could have been left out. Sometimes stories are lost due to overly fluffed words.
Shadi
Shadi added it
Apr 17, 2015
Christina Weigand
Christina Weigand marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Ani H Manjikian
Ani H Manjikian marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Carol Christine Mauck
Carol Christine Mauck marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Lourdes Taylor
Lourdes Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Caleb Lang
Caleb Lang marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Tonya Tack
Tonya Tack marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Sariah Orr
Sariah Orr marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Joeseph Belcher
Joeseph Belcher is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2014
Rebecca Cole
Rebecca Cole marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Alice Lyles
Alice Lyles marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
  • Doubles
  • Limerence
  • Horker's Law (The Six Books of Magic, #1)
  • The Beholder
  • The Immortality Game
  • Dangerous Talents (Vinlanders' Saga, #1)
  • Godhead (The Last Olympiad, #1)
  • Beasts of the Walking City (Walking Cities #1)
  • Anvil of Tears (The Reforged, #1)
  • Communion of Dreams
  • The Witches of West Shore (Broken Shell Island, #1)
  • Origins
  • City of Rogues (The Kobalos Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dragoneers (The Chronicles of Susah, #1)
  • Crown of Vengeance
  • The Coming Storm (The Coming Storm, #1)
  • The Blood Gate
  • Golden Mane (The Adventures of Sarah Coppernick, #1)
{April 2014 - One of the "TOP 100 MOST POPULAR AMAZON KINDLE BOOKS" in Religious Science Fiction / Fantasy} - The Ark of Humanity

Barbershop Singer, Father, Husband and Author, Scott J. Toney is a family man first and a great lover of the written word. With over 45,000 copies sold he tackles Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Christian genres, using his Journalism and Public Relations background in constructing c
More about Scott Toney...
Hearts of Avon Lazarus, Man Eden Legacy NovaForge Eden Legacy and The Ark of Humanity Fantasy Twin Pack