Start by marking “Carly (Women of Ivy Manor, #4)” as Want to Read:
Carly (Women of Ivy Manor, #4)

Carly (Women of Ivy Manor #4)

Carly Lorraine Sinclair grows up in the home of her fiercely strong mother, Leigh. Naturally timid, Carly finds that constantly trying to please Leigh by hiding her own fears only increases her insecurities. In a bold attempt to face them head-on, she joins the Army.

Through the military Carly confronts her self-doubt, realizing when sent to Kuwait as part of Operation Des
Published April 11th 2006 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Carly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carly

Barbara
Nov 17, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the "Women of Ivy Manor" series, and I enjoyed all of them. The ending of "Carly" wraps everything up very nicely, but since the book only covers about a year in Carly's life, I would have been interested in learning more about her future. There is more conflict in this story than some of the others, and that bothered me a little bit. I kept wanting everyone to "grow up" and think of others for a change during parts of the story. Those who enjoy historical fiction shoul ...more
Cathy Daniel
Nov 22, 2015 Cathy Daniel rated it really liked it
I liked Carly the best but again, a lot of tragedy and loss in this book. Did every woman in each generation have to dramatically lose a man?? Also got tired of the dysfunctional mothers and ridiculous secrets. That said, 4 stars for the writing and it still kept me entertained! Satisfying ending just keep in mind this isn't a romance and there isn't a romantic happily ever after for Carly :/
rjp316
Aug 18, 2009 rjp316 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading all four of the Women of Ivy Manor – Chloe, Bette, Leigh and Carly – and would recommend them to anyone. Each book pulled me into the story of this family and I could not wait to see what would happen next. I loved how you see how each family member matures overtime and the next generation steps into Ivy Manor. I especially liked the historical references in the books – everything from how different people heard about war, the depression, segregation, JFK being shot and e ...more
Sep 06, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect to like this book so much - I thought it would be my least favorite of the three. However, I really enjoyed reading about a woman in the Army during Desert Storm. The book did a good job tying up lose ends of the entire series. I highly recommend these books, and actually already recommended that three of my co-workers read them.
Tara
Sep 25, 2008 Tara rated it it was amazing
All four of these books were awesome. I love how the characters stayed together. Great ending for a series!!!!
Leanne
Dec 17, 2012 Leanne rated it liked it
Decent book, but didn't enjoy it as much as the first three in the series.
Katie
Jul 09, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
follows her into Desert Storm...but more about her relationship with her mom, granmother, great-grandmother.
Mar 04, 2016 Laura rated it did not like it
Boring. Nothing much happened.
Teniya
May 15, 2011 Teniya rated it did not like it
How the heck did I get into CHRISTIAN LIT???? I gotta learn how to work ibooks better! ha ha ..... I had to skip all the "Its God's will" crap! Not my thing....
Melissa
Sep 11, 2014 Melissa rated it it was ok
Better than Leigh, but not much. Stilted dialogue, not entirely believable. Girl joins Army, goes to Gulf War.
Mary Bronson
I thought this was a very good book. I thought it was a great way to end the series. Carly was such a great character. I'm very pleased with Lyn Cote for making a series.
Erica
Aug 18, 2012 Erica added it
Amazing amazing book. the authour is just too fabulouse with the way she keeps the suspense and leaves the reader wanting for more.
you can't put it down once u start reading the book
Alicia
Nov 29, 2016 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Over the summer, I read the first three books in this series. I fell in love with the author’s style of writing and each of the fierce, strong, independent women she portrayed in each novel. When I got my hands on this book, I couldn’t wait to dive in and discover Carly’s journey! This book didn’t let me down. I was quickly drawn back into the world the author created in this series.
Carly was every bit as fierce, brave, strong, passionate, and human as the other woman in her family. She fought h
Mary
Feb 10, 2017 Mary rated it did not like it
Well written, but I don't care for the plot or Carly's attitude at all.
K
K rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2008
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
April
April rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2009
Marta
Marta rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Raegan
Raegan rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2009
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2017
Booklvr01
Booklvr01 rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Rachael
Rachael rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2011
Carole Butler
Carole Butler rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2014
Sherrie Hansen
Sherrie Hansen rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2009
Shari
Shari rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2009
Robin A. Castle
Robin A. Castle rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2014
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Tessa Palmeri
Tessa Palmeri rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Rosanne Wiester
Rosanne Wiester rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Patience  (Brides of the West, #6)
  • Leading Lady (Tales of London #3)
  • Lightning And Lace (Texas Legacy #3)
  • The Restitution (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #3)
  • Written on Silk (The Silk House, #2)
  • Speak To Me of Love
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Grace in Thine Eyes (Lowlands of Scotland, #4)
  • Falconer's Quest (Heirs of Acadia #5)
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • Highland Legacy: Four Generations of Love Are Rooted in Scotland
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills, #3)
Lyn grew up loving books. Her favorite night of the week was Friday night, when the Bookmobile came to her neighborhood in Illinois. She’d spend those two hours chatting with the driver of the Bookmobile and the librarian and making the big decision of the week — which books to check out! In those distant days, children were limited in how many books they could check out. Lyn could only take home ...more
More about Lyn Cote...

Women of Ivy Manor (4 books)
  • Chloe (Women of Ivy Manor, #1)
  • Bette (Women of Ivy Manor, #2)
  • Leigh (Women of Ivy Manor, #3)