Start by marking “Hope Rekindled” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Hope Rekindled

Tracie Peterson

Hope Rekindled (Striking a Match #3)

At long last, Deborah Vandermark is preparing for her own wedding...but the groom suddenly goes absent. Tragedy has befallen Christopher's family in Kansas City, upsetting the doctor's future with Deborah. With five siblings now under his care, can he return to Texas and impose a ready-made family on Deborah?
Deborah herself finds her resolve faltering as her fears about m
Hardcover, Large Print, 457 pages
Published August 17th 2011 by Thorndike Press (first published January 1st 2011)

Margaret Chind
I truly love Tracie Peterson Christian Historical Fiction and although this series was not my favorite from her, this was the best book in the series. The entire series must be read to get the full impact of this story however and I would definitely not suggest reading them alone. Otherwise you make get the hope, but not the full effect with out the depression or the sadness and despondency without the hope!

The first book in this Striking a Match Series Embers of Love was a good Tracie Peterson
Kathryn
Jul 08, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series. again bad, unexpected things happen to good people all because everyone has free agency. Christopher and Deborah are planning their wedding when tragedy strikes...this parents are killed in a fire leaving his 5 siblings in his care. he brings them home to Texas with some apprehension about what deborah will say to a ready made family.

Meanwhile, Steward still in trying to extract revenge on the Vandermarks through prolonging the building of the mill which has a contract with
Carly
May 28, 2011 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is just something about a Tracie Peterson book that just appeals to me. No matter what the story is about, I know I always want to read her books. I have enjoyed the Striking A Match series and Hope Rekindled is the third book in this series and it ties up the series wonderfully. One thing I have noticed about these books is that they are a roller coaster of emotions, which is usually not very appealing to me. But, Tracie has a skill for writing emotional stories while adding a nice and re ...more
Elisa
This book was better than the previous two. I felt like I got a better sense of who all the characters were, both the good and evil. This book had more drama, passion, and unexpected events that made it readable. I loved the happy ending- Deborah and Dr. Clayton getting married, Euphaneal and Arjan adopting the Kelleher siblings, and Stuart Albright finally getting what he deserved. Like I said over and over again (of my previous reviews) the Christian theme in this novel made this book pleasant ...more
Robyn
Feb 16, 2012 Robyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the series. Especially the first and last books. Often times christian books like these make the woman very nurturing, domesticated and weak, nothing like me. I really appreciated that Deborah, the main character, was more logical, educated, and motivated. She was kind but firm about her views. She was loving towards her family and the doctor, but admitted she wasn't comfortable being nurturing. She was even willing to move places, which is not common in books. This sounds much more real ...more
L
Apr 09, 2014 L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the third and final novel in Tracie Peterson's series, "Striking a Match", the Vandermark family again faces far more tragedy than one family should withstand. However, they do weather it all. Lizzie discovers that she had a twin who died at birth. Deborah is faced with her fiance suddenly having five siblings to care for after the death of his parents, balanced by her mom having a real love for children and coming to the rescue. The Hand of God group again commits some horrible acts. Jael ta ...more
Sara
May 12, 2011 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
After her life was turned upside down in the previous book, Deborah’s world has righted itself, and things seem to be falling into place. She is finally planning to marry Christopher when he once again receives urgent family news that takes him away. This time, though, he returns to Texas with some ‘baggage’ that Deborah never expected.

Read my complete review here: http://shoopettesbookreviews.blogspot...
April
Mar 06, 2011 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This book is practically identical to the first two books in this series. The same problems are still there and a few new issues come up, which just add to the existing problems. Finally, in the very end, all these issues are suddenly solved and everything is right with the world. I do like that this is a clean read with a Christian base, but I felt like I was re-reading the first and second books all over again with a few tweaks.
Candace
Jul 12, 2012 Candace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't that into the second book and accidentally skipped the first. But this one was fantastic. I loved waiting to see what evil thing Stuart would do next and I loved how his actions just pushed them toward further faith in God. When Jael finally stepped up to interfere, it was really satisfying. The White Hand of God felt a little unfinished. I expected there to be something else with that but their final appearance was pretty epic. This was great.
Lynne Young
Jun 23, 2011 Lynne Young rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was worth waiting for. It brings the Striking A Match Series to a conclusion, but not without it's bumps in the road. I enjoyed seeing how the characters handled all the new challenges in this book but I was especially happy to see how it all ended for everyone involved in this book, as well as some new people.

Anything by Ms. Peterson is worth reading and you know when you have one of her books in your hand that you are in for a great read!
Kathy Heare Watts
I enjoyed the Striking a Match Series by Tracie Peterson, but if you want to learn the entire story of one family, the Vandermarks, you must read all three books. Unlike many series books, that may be about one family, each book focusing on a different member of that family, these books encompass the entire Vandermark family and each of the three books is just a continuation of that story, just more. Personally, I think it all should have been in one book.
LadyS
Jul 03, 2012 LadyS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best book out of the striking a match series. finally the romance between the main character was focused on and finalized..i didn't enjoy that it was dragged out especially in the middle of the book but i appreciate how the author developed it and the couple matured. I rather enjoyed that the book was not fully predictable..their was some action and unexpected (although sad) turns but i enjoyed it.
Rita
Jun 16, 2013 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my last book to read in the Striking The Match series by Tracie Peterson. And once again, I enjoyed reading her book! The story of the Vandermark Family with all their trials and tribulations kept me wanting to see what happens next. Tracie reminds us again about taking everything to the Lord for his help and guidance.
Leslie
Jan 09, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd in the series about an extended family living in Texas in the 1800's. They had a great deal of forested property that they logged. It showed very stressful times when a man without feeling did underhanded business to try to hurt this family and get their land. The family stayed positive and leaned on God for support to come out unhurt.
Paula-O
Jun 29, 2011 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tracy Peterson always writes a good story and this one is no exception, Hope Rekindled was the final book in a series and the characters had their hope tested many times by evil that had come to their town. I liked the way she ended the story with an "act of God", I was thinking how will they ever be able to keep their land as it looked so hopeless.
Abigail

3.5 stars. This book was good, I liked how Tracie Peterson wrapped up the trilogy.

My only complaint, is that the antagonist, who is so frustrating, and very cruel, fell to easily. After causing so much damage, I can't believe that he would go down without a fight.

Other then that, this book was very enjoyable.
Shawn
Mar 16, 2012 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was glad to finally see Deborah and Christopher end up married but I still didn't care for the ending. It felt unresolved to me for this to be the last book. I guess I really wished that Stuart would have not gotten away with everything that he did and that some answers would have been had for the murders that had taken place. Overall just felt like to many things were left open.
Rissi
Jan 09, 2013 Rissi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As much as I wanted to like this series, it wasn't Tracie Peterson's best. Some of her other novels seemed better written and introduced character's with more "spunk." Sadly, I didn't ever "feel" that "spark" of romance between the leading couple. For reader's who prefer sensible romance stories, this is a very "grounded" series.
Sally
Good series, kept waiting for the other shoe to drop in this last book. Sadly, it wasn't quite as climatic as I'd hoped. I also had hoped the characters would learn who the KKK members were. Surely they had to be local.
Stacey Head
Mar 08, 2016 Stacey Head rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely touching story

I found the story very touching g. One of the things I like about her books are the verses that she quotes. Often I find !myself going to the chapter of the bible that touches Mr. I'm going to reread the series and write down the verses as I go.
Heather
I liked this series. I've read Tracie Peterson before, and this is standard. But what I love about her books is the historical detail. I love history, and I found everyday life in a logging town in east Texas in the late 1880's to be very interesting.
Sally
Dec 13, 2014 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third book of the series never let me down. There were exciting times, sadness, gloriously happy experiences, suspense, family interactions, trust issues, good vs. evil, romance. What more could someone want?
Jeannie
Jun 27, 2013 Jeannie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Good story about trusting in God and waiting on Him.
Lauren
Sep 09, 2011 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad to see the end of this great "Dr. Quinn-like" series from Tracie Peterson - as usual - can't wait for the next one!
Susan Cherry
Jun 25, 2015 Susan Cherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read although the ending was a bit rushed and didn't allow for a sequel.
Donna
Jun 06, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Dee
Aug 26, 2013 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hope Rekindled was a fabulous end to the to the Embers of Love series. :)

Abigail Leigh
Mar 13, 2011 Abigail Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! I could so see her continuing this series of going off with other characters and creating another series.
Tiffany
Linda
Nov 25, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book held my interest from beginning to end. I am a sucker for a good clean christian frontier romance, and this one did not disappoint!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 25, 2015 09:55AM
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • A Heart for Home (Home to Blessing, #3)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • The Dream (Singing River Series #2)
  • Hidden Affections (Hearts Along The River #3)
  • One More Sunrise
  • A Whisper of Peace (Heart of the Prairie #7)
  • The Captive Heart (Daughters of Caleb Bender, #2)
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • A Heart Most Worthy
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • One True Love (Belles of Timber Creek #3)
  • Within My Heart (Timber Ridge Reflections, #3)
Tracie Peterson is a bestselling author who writes in both historical and contemporary genres. Her novels reveal her love for research as well as her strong desire to develop emotionally meaningful characters and stories for her readers. Tracie and her family live in Montana.

pen name: Janelle Jamison
More about Tracie Peterson...

Striking a Match (3 books)
  • Embers of Love (Striking a Match, #1)
  • Hearts Aglow (Striking a Match, #2)