Start by marking “The Dark Fae (The World of Fae, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dark Fae (The World of Fae, #1)

The Dark Fae (The World of Fae #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Alicia's always known she's different--that she can recognize the mischievous fae when they show up to "play" with the humans. Only now she's faced with one highly annoyed dark fae and she's certain he knows the truth about her. She can see him, which means her life is forfeit.

Add to that, his sister arrives, who wants to play, too. And their mother, the queen of the Denka
Published (first published May 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Dark Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dark Fae

The Iron King by Julie KagawaWicked Lovely by Melissa MarrTithe by Holly BlackDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
272nd out of 778 books — 1,662 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateLeopard Moon by Jeanette BattistaChosen by P.C. CastDeadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria StolarzThe First Desire by Nancy Reisman
COVER CLONES!
190th out of 344 books — 94 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin  Aragon
Anyone who knows me, knows I love all things Fae. Heck, I even tease my daughters, telling them that my flower bed is a secret faerie garden. When asked by Terry Spears to review The Dark Fae, I jumped at the chance, not to be disappointed. I adored that part of the story took place at South Padre Island...I am from Texas after all, plus I adore the ocean. Deveron and Alicia were fun as guides in their crazy world.

Alicia has always known she can see Fae but she has never known how deeply her sig
Shawna LeAnn
I was a little nervous about buying this book. It was at an amazing price but I could not find very many reviews for it, so I followed my gut and bought it anyway. And I am glad I did!!

This was a fast read, but that is fine with me because it had me hooked from page one. Now, before I go on, I will tell you all that I am a series reader. I LOVE me some series because there is always so much more detail in them and I kinda like hanging at the end of a book and wondering what would come next....

Th
SubterraneanCatalyst -Censorship is for the Weak
2 Stars on Goodreads= it was ok, and that is what this book was.

This plot held some promise but much of that was wasted. I purchased this for the Kindle for $2.99 I think, I was looking for a quick good read with romance and Fae elements.

So you'll get the Fae in this novella (I suppose this is a novella because it's 149 pages, not sure) and you'll get an HEA and that's about it.

My gripes:

- Alicia seemed to accept the Fae and her circumstances too easily. In the beginning you realize that she wa
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received a code from the author to listen to and review the audio version of the book. I do own this book in ebook form, but haven't read it yet (I definitely will in the future though!)

The cover is awesome and beautiful, and I think it is intriguing to grab anyone’s attention.

Listening to audiobooks is now something my son and I love to do together in the car. He even gets upset if we have to stop it for any reason, or if I forget to charge my
April W
Another good faery read! Not very long but still worth the read. Terry Spear has created a lovely fae world with a great group of characters. I was quickly drawn into the story and stayed up way too late finishing it. The three main characters, Alicia, Deveron, and Ritasia, are fun and witty and all grew to be likable. The story is full of magic, fun adventure, some twists, and some romance.

Alicia always knew she was different because she could see the fae that showed up to play with the humans
Torie
Oct 25, 2014 Torie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: fae
This book was a total breath of fresh air for me. I love paranormal books and I love books that are geared towards the Young Adults but I was not a fan of books about the Fae. Listening to the audio book tonight has changed my mind about the Fae.

Terry Spear managed to take me out of my world and pull me into this world she created. As I said before I listened to an audio book from start to finish. Hardly even moved.

I loved Alicia. She was a 17 year old girl who was raised as a human. She believe
Linda
***This is a review of the Audible edition***

I loved this! I was enthralled, enchanted and enamored by this lively fae story that moved fast and kept me riveted from beginning to the end. There just weren't any dull moments. The characters were fun and each was on a trip of self-discovery. This is a story that would be perfect for tweens and teens . But... it's not just for the young. I really enjoyed it, too, and I'm in my 60s.

The characters shined! Alicia was raised as a human who could see th
Beckie
Review posted on blog: http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.co...

First Impressions: I was given a copy of Terry Spear's novel The Dark Fae back in January to read for review. The cover alone had me very intrigued to read her novel. I really love how it looks so dark and mysteries. It has been a while since I have read a story about fairies and these mythological creatures are one of my favorites. After reading more about the book from the synopsis, I figured why not give it a chance.

Review: Firs
Meredith Richardson
First of all, I was lucky enough to receive this book in a goodreads giveaway and was shocked and touched to find that Terry had not only signed my copy but wrote a personal message and attached a fae series bookmark along with my book. Thanks so much Terry!!!

Recently I have been obsessed with books dealing with fantasy and especially fae after reading Moning's Fever series and I was so excited to find this Fae series by Terry Spear. I was able to jump into her world of Fae royal houses and dram
Erin Bell
If you love Harry Potter, you'll love the Dark Fae even more. The novels are much smaller in size and are a good starter series for the tweens. I am a young at heart adult who loves reading and watching fantasy/science-fiction with my teens. In "The Dark Fae" by Terry Spear you are introduced to a new realm where nothing is what it seems. This is a love story at it's core, but the main character Alicia is taken on a journey to find her "true" self, who is her father, which half of her is human, ...more
Karen
Alicia knows she's different than most teenage girls her age. She has the uncanny ability to recognize the fae and all they do to cause mischief, but this ability is dangerous. The fae will not allow a human to know their business.

Alicia attempts to rescue her friend from Deveron, a gorgeous dark fae, but her plans backfire when she lets jealousy interfere. Now her secret is out and Deveron could never refuse a challenge.

Ms. Spear knows how to spin a tale that brings the reader under her spell
Tiffany
The Dark Fae
This is not a full length novel…maybe 150 pages. I read it in a day, but it was very good.

Alicia is able to see the dark fae and like the official synopsis says, she gets herself into a bind by revealing that she can see them…even when they should be invisible to her. She ends up going on quite the adventure through an entirely new world.

I loved all the different fae groups, the dark fae, the sphinx fae, the dragon fae, and more. They all have a symbol that represents their particu
Bri
I bought this book from Barnes and Noble.com for 2.99 and I didn't expect it to be all that good, I just needed a cheap book to read fast. I was so surprised to find that this book was amazing. I enjoyed every second of it. The story was unique, not like any other farie books that I've read. I loved the ending and I don't say that about many books. The only thing that's keeping me from giving it 5 stars were some of the errors in spelling and grammar that drove me nuts. Otherwise the plot moved ...more
Bukaddict
This was an ok and short read. Terry Spear has created an intriguing and dark fae world. it was a good starting book in the series explaining all the intricacies of the fae world. Hope that the following books are better.
Sarah-Jane Pearce
This was a cool short read. Excellent storyline but a lil disappointed more wasn't put into it. It could of been an amazing novel. But over all a good little read :)
Tegan Genone darkhaven
Okay so you know how if ya have a reading device, you can get samples of the books your interested. Wel I had this sample in my nook no lie for about 2 years. Okay so I was looking for something to read and I said what the hay I'll check out the sample. Well I started reading it and as soon as Alicia spilled that Soda on the dark fae prince I was hooked. Went onto B&N and bought the ebook. Well I was like a junky eating it up. It seems our Alicia was under the assumption she was half Fae fro ...more
Lisa Swanepoel
This is an easy read which takes you on an adventure with Alicia and Deveron. Well written with likable characters.
A.Lux
Didn't feel like a teen novel.
Didn't feel like an adult novel.
New Adult?

Mixed feelings. But I did enjoy it.
Leigh
A quick, entertaining read. Don't expect a lot of back story, but enough is revealed throughout the book to keep you from being confused. Pretty well-written (though the ebook version has quite a few typos), fast-paced, & funny. Not terribly believable (even while keeping in mind it is, after all, fantasy) due to the assumed maturity & adaptability of a 17 year old.
Night Goddess
Great book!!! The Dark Fae was not at all what I expected but in a good way. Terry Spear definetly kept me entertained with all the twist and turns with Alicia & Deveron's characters. I was pleasently surprised with all of the revelations in the book. And I always love to read about the mischiveous Fae. I will definetly look forward to reading more from Ms. Spear!!!!
Wheezy Hardin
I really, really enjoyed this book. It was geared up toward YA but had enough substance for a more adult reader. The characters were fun and likable (or not in one case :P) and it framed the path for a successful series that I hope to see more of.. Great writing and intrigue, it kept twists going til very end.. Thanks for the Read!
Tammy

A Quick, mindless, and entertaining read. There are a few ideas that could have been more fleshed out to make it more interesting, but ultimately, The Dark Fae ends up being just another book that doesn't stand out at all.

Read it, but only if Amazon Kindle offers it for free.
Jeanne Whitehouse
This was a great, quick read. I liked the characters a lot. I was quickly transported from South Padre Island, TX into the world of the fae, where I increasingly find I would much rather be. It's the first in a series and I look forward to reading the rest of them.
Jennifer Ashburn
This was an absolutely awesome, well written book with a great storyline...completely not what I expected considering I got the download for free! so glad I read it and I wonder if there will be a sequel
Vykki
I thoroughly enjoy this book it was a lot of fun. I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy. I can't wait for the next book. I won this book on Goodreads. Thank you
Alysia Meece
Loved this book. It was so fun to read and only 2.99 on B&N. The story was well developed and began and ended like I would have wrote it. Wonderful read.
Pia
Jul 04, 2012 Pia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fairy, magic
An easy to read, lovely and delightful fantasy which spins a tale of love and longing. The only thing to regret is that it's not longer.
Victoria
It was very short. T_T But despite that entertaining. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading the next one.
Beth
Fantasic YA fantasy. Strong plot that keeps you enchanted till the end
  • Summer of Frost (Forever Fae, #3)
  • The Secret Trinity: Reign (Fae-Witch, #3)
  • Faery Realms: Ten Magical Titles: Multi-Author Bundle of Novels & Novellas
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • Gracelynn
  • Glass Frost (First Frost, #2)
  • Portal Guardians (Clash of the Otherworlds, #3)
  • Dark Veil (Belonging, #1)
  • Sam I Am (October Trilogy, #1)
  • Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms, #1)
  • Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)
  • Faery Worlds - Six Complete Novels
  • Conviction of a Witch (The Savannah Coven #2)
  • The Deep (The Island #3)
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)

“He kissed her stopping her words at once. A pronounced number of gasps resonated across the room.” 1 likes