The Dark Fae (The World of Fae, #1)

The Dark Fae (The World of Fae #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  248 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Alicia's always known she's different--that she can recognize the mischievous fae when they show up to "play" with the humans. Only now she's faced with one highly annoyed dark fae and she's certain he knows the truth about her. She can see him, which means her life is forfeit.

Add to that, his sister arrives, who wants to play, too. And their mother, the queen of the Denka...more
Published (first published May 12th 2011)

Wicked Lovely by Melissa MarrThe Iron King by Julie KagawaTithe by Holly BlackDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningWings by Aprilynne Pike
Books about Faery
255th out of 706 books — 1,574 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateLeopard Moon by Jeanette BattistaDeadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria StolarzThe First Desire by Nancy ReismanChosen by P.C. Cast
COVER CLONES!
153rd out of 266 books — 71 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin (Better Read Than Dead)
Anyone who knows me, knows I love all things Fae. Heck, I even tease my daughters, telling them that my flower bed is a secret faerie garden. When asked by Terry Spears to review The Dark Fae, I jumped at the chance, not to be disappointed. I adored that part of the story took place at South Padre Island...I am from Texas after all, plus I adore the ocean. Deveron and Alicia were fun as guides in their crazy world.

Alicia has always known she can see Fae but she has never known how deeply her sig...more
Shawna LeAnn
I was a little nervous about buying this book. It was at an amazing price but I could not find very many reviews for it, so I followed my gut and bought it anyway. And I am glad I did!!

This was a fast read, but that is fine with me because it had me hooked from page one. Now, before I go on, I will tell you all that I am a series reader. I LOVE me some series because there is always so much more detail in them and I kinda like hanging at the end of a book and wondering what would come next....

Th...more
SubterraneanCatalyst -Censorship is for the Weak
2 Stars on Goodreads= it was ok, and that is what this book was.

This plot held some promise but much of that was wasted. I purchased this for the Kindle for $2.99 I think, I was looking for a quick good read with romance and Fae elements.

So you'll get the Fae in this novella (I suppose this is a novella because it's 149 pages, not sure) and you'll get an HEA and that's about it.

My gripes:

- Alicia seemed to accept the Fae and her circumstances too easily. In the beginning you realize that she wa...more
Beckie
Review posted on blog: http://www.bittersweet-enchantment.co...

First Impressions: I was given a copy of Terry Spear's novel The Dark Fae back in January to read for review. The cover alone had me very intrigued to read her novel. I really love how it looks so dark and mysteries. It has been a while since I have read a story about fairies and these mythological creatures are one of my favorites. After reading more about the book from the synopsis, I figured why not give it a chance.

Review: Firs...more
Meredith Richardson
First of all, I was lucky enough to receive this book in a goodreads giveaway and was shocked and touched to find that Terry had not only signed my copy but wrote a personal message and attached a fae series bookmark along with my book. Thanks so much Terry!!!

Recently I have been obsessed with books dealing with fantasy and especially fae after reading Moning's Fever series and I was so excited to find this Fae series by Terry Spear. I was able to jump into her world of Fae royal houses and dram...more
Erin Bell
If you love Harry Potter, you'll love the Dark Fae even more. The novels are much smaller in size and are a good starter series for the tweens. I am a young at heart adult who loves reading and watching fantasy/science-fiction with my teens. In "The Dark Fae" by Terry Spear you are introduced to a new realm where nothing is what it seems. This is a love story at it's core, but the main character Alicia is taken on a journey to find her "true" self, who is her father, which half of her is human,...more
Karen
Alicia knows she's different than most teenage girls her age. She has the uncanny ability to recognize the fae and all they do to cause mischief, but this ability is dangerous. The fae will not allow a human to know their business.

Alicia attempts to rescue her friend from Deveron, a gorgeous dark fae, but her plans backfire when she lets jealousy interfere. Now her secret is out and Deveron could never refuse a challenge.

Ms. Spear knows how to spin a tale that brings the reader under her spell...more
Tiffany
The Dark Fae
This is not a full length novel…maybe 150 pages. I read it in a day, but it was very good.

Alicia is able to see the dark fae and like the official synopsis says, she gets herself into a bind by revealing that she can see them…even when they should be invisible to her. She ends up going on quite the adventure through an entirely new world.

I loved all the different fae groups, the dark fae, the sphinx fae, the dragon fae, and more. They all have a symbol that represents their particu...more
Bri
I bought this book from Barnes and Noble.com for 2.99 and I didn't expect it to be all that good, I just needed a cheap book to read fast. I was so surprised to find that this book was amazing. I enjoyed every second of it. The story was unique, not like any other farie books that I've read. I loved the ending and I don't say that about many books. The only thing that's keeping me from giving it 5 stars were some of the errors in spelling and grammar that drove me nuts. Otherwise the plot moved...more
Tegan Genone darkhaven
Okay so you know how if ya have a reading device, you can get samples of the books your interested. Wel I had this sample in my nook no lie for about 2 years. Okay so I was looking for something to read and I said what the hay I'll check out the sample. Well I started reading it and as soon as Alicia spilled that Soda on the dark fae prince I was hooked. Went onto B&N and bought the ebook. Well I was like a junky eating it up. It seems our Alicia was under the assumption she was half Fae fro...more
A.Lux
Didn't feel like a teen novel.
Didn't feel like an adult novel.
New Adult?

Mixed feelings. But I did enjoy it.
Leigh
A quick, entertaining read. Don't expect a lot of back story, but enough is revealed throughout the book to keep you from being confused. Pretty well-written (though the ebook version has quite a few typos), fast-paced, & funny. Not terribly believable (even while keeping in mind it is, after all, fantasy) due to the assumed maturity & adaptability of a 17 year old.
Night Goddess
Great book!!! The Dark Fae was not at all what I expected but in a good way. Terry Spear definetly kept me entertained with all the twist and turns with Alicia & Deveron's characters. I was pleasently surprised with all of the revelations in the book. And I always love to read about the mischiveous Fae. I will definetly look forward to reading more from Ms. Spear!!!!
Wheezy Hardin
I really, really enjoyed this book. It was geared up toward YA but had enough substance for a more adult reader. The characters were fun and likable (or not in one case :P) and it framed the path for a successful series that I hope to see more of.. Great writing and intrigue, it kept twists going til very end.. Thanks for the Read!
Tammy

A Quick, mindless, and entertaining read. There are a few ideas that could have been more fleshed out to make it more interesting, but ultimately, The Dark Fae ends up being just another book that doesn't stand out at all.

Read it, but only if Amazon Kindle offers it for free.
Jeanne Whitehouse
This was a great, quick read. I liked the characters a lot. I was quickly transported from South Padre Island, TX into the world of the fae, where I increasingly find I would much rather be. It's the first in a series and I look forward to reading the rest of them.
Jennifer Ashburm
This was an absolutely awesome, well written book with a great storyline...completely not what I expected considering I got the download for free! so glad I read it and I wonder if there will be a sequel
Vykki
I thoroughly enjoy this book it was a lot of fun. I recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy. I can't wait for the next book. I won this book on Goodreads. Thank you
Alysia Meece
Loved this book. It was so fun to read and only 2.99 on B&N. The story was well developed and began and ended like I would have wrote it. Wonderful read.
Pia
Jul 04, 2012 Pia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fairy, magic
An easy to read, lovely and delightful fantasy which spins a tale of love and longing. The only thing to regret is that it's not longer.
Victoria
It was very short. T_T But despite that entertaining. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading the next one.
Beth
Fantasic YA fantasy. Strong plot that keeps you enchanted till the end
Denise
I loved, loved, loved this book!!!
Victoria Pulley
Very Good, quick read
Jelisa
Jelisa marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Merr49
Merr49 marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
  • Sam I Am (October Trilogy, #1)
  • Gossamer  (Faeble, #1)
  • Prince of Light
  • Summer of Frost (Forever Fae, #3)
  • Fighting Destiny (Central Coven, #1)
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • Gracelynn
  • Repossession (Keepers Trilogy, #1)
  • Surface
  • Supernova (The Supernova Saga, #1)
  • The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1)
  • Ink (Ink, #1)
  • Vampires and Vixens (Psy-Vamp #1)
  • Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
  • Guardian (The Guardian Trilogy, #1)
  • Homecoming (Darklands, #2)
  • Empath (Flawed, #1)
  • Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms, #1)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell...more
More about Terry Spear...
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)