Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1)

Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  1,249 ratings  ·  91 reviews
What does a 35 year old, plus-sized virgin do when she decides to lose her virginity and experience just one night of being desirable? She lets herself get talked into hiring a male escort. Unfortunately, mistaken identity lands her in the bed of a hunky doctor, and now things are spiralling out of control!
Published (first published May 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor's Delight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor's Delight

Perfection by R.L. MathewsonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonReasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend by Cassie MaeDoctor's Delight by Angela VerdeniusBet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Sexy Curves
4th out of 314 books — 237 voters
Night Play by Sherrilyn KenyonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSuddenly You by Lisa KleypasToo Much Temptation by Lori Foster
Plus Sized Heroines (formerly Truly Plus)
8th out of 234 books — 249 voters

More lists with this book...

Yalda Catalán
Loved this book!!! I think we should all act like Cherry did in the end, you know? Just stand up for yourself and never let people bring you down!!!

description

Fat, flat or fab, whatever shape, color or race, we all are gorgeous and pretty and freaking amazing!!! We all have to do is just love ourselves a tiny bit more...believe me, i'm talking from experience.

Gonna read the whole serie now :D Cop's Passion ....HERE I COME!!!

PS: Please read THIS if ur big and curvy and incredibly beautiful, like me :D
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: Available Now!
Publisher: Self-Published
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.angelaverdenius.com/
My Source for This Book: Gift from the Author
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Big Girls Lovin’
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Hot

When the author approached me about this book, I knew from the moment that I read the blurb that I was going to love it, and I was right.

Cherry, a nurse in a pri...more
Cassie
I finished Doctor’s Delight (Big Girls Lovin’) last night and wanted to get the review in while the story was still fresh in my mind. So we’ll jump right into the plot summary then I’ll give you my unbiased opinion…well, probably biased cause I’m all for plus sized romances!

We have an extremely insecure 35 year old plus sized woman, Cherry, who has never made love with a man before. She’s lonely and longs for human contact (with a male-type person, of course, and 35 years of celibacy will do tha...more
Rose May
Note: This review, and all my reviews, comes from my blog - Romantic Rose's Bookshelf (http://romantic-rosesblog.blogspot.com). Thank you to Ms. Verdenius for the book to review!

Book 1 in the Big Girl’s Lovin’ series

Cherry is getting older and she’s still a virgin. Getting desperate to have her ‘cherry popped’ she contacts Helen at the escort agency, and arranges for a man to meet her at a hotel room. She meets the man there, has wonderful, blow-your-mind sex with him, then pays and leaves while...more
Audrey
A good read, 3 to 3+ overall. Cherry is a massive bundle of insecurity and self-doubt due, in large part, to her plus-sized proportions, and Rick is the dreamy, perfect, and eternally patient hunk who sweeps onto the scene to sweep Cherry off her feet. For an erotic romance, I thought this story was sweet and entertaining, and there were some lively secondary characters thrown into the mix. I'm not rating it higher than a 3/good because that's what it is: a good, comfortable read with nothing gr...more
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Okay, forgive me for being super lazy, but I am going to review all the books in this trilogy in one review, this is to stop boring you with repetition as what I have to say about each book is pretty similar.

The trilogy goes in this order:
Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #1) by Angela Verdenius Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #2) by Angela Verdenius Vet's Desire (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #3) by Angela Verdenius

I normally reserve the first part of my review to give a general synopsis of the book, been as I doing a three in one deal I will give a general run down. In each book we have a heroine with body issues who unwittingly ensnares a hot man who then has the tas...more
PointyEars42
Abandoning this dreadful book at 45%. It was okay up until about 5% in... okay in that I was going to continue reading despite the author’s habit of using the most obvious or clichéd turn of phrase in any given situation. A page later I was irritated. A chapter later I was furious.

I cannot stand those creepers who think that wearing you down is an option; who think that women are grateful for any attention so if they become enough of a nuisance you’ll give them what they want... or that you’ll b...more
Melanie
This was very fluffy, but so darned cute!
Ruth
When I picked up this one I was really in need of some total fluff, but with some wit on the side. Well, this delivered!

I gave it 3 stars because I "liked it", but let me qualify that a bit - this isn't a life-changing read, and it's not the best-written, but it delivered that saccharine-flavored, make-me-happy-for-a-couple-of-hours feeling that I wanted at the time.

There were a couple of things that bothered me. First, check out that dreadful cover. OK, the top half is pretty lickable, but the...more
Anna D.
I found Cherry endearing and Rick incredibly sweet..

Full review:
This story is as farfetched as the movie Pretty Woman – that there is a HEA after one of the MCs decides to hire an escort. Not bloody likely, but it does make for sweet romance reading.

Rick is, of course, the perfect man. He was raised right, taught to love a person for who they are and not what they look like. He’s also smart, rich, funny, a doctor, gorgeous, sensitive, and horny…the list goes on and on.

Cherry is simply a good...more
Kim
This was just not for me. It wasn't the heroine's body issues that bothered me - those are pretty real. It was the rest of it. A nurse has sex with a man she really doesn't know for the second time and he doesn't use a condom and her response is to take the morning after pill and say "no worries." Uh... Get tested for STD's dumbass! You work in a hospital. Don't you see the consequences of this type of behavior pretty frequently? And the hero is just creepy. He's a doctor and we're supposed to t...more
Tammie
What a great book to just sit and enjoy. It was sweet, fun, sexy, and surprisingly light considering Ms. Verdenius tackles the ridicule many curvacious women are faced with in society! Being such a woman myself, I could sympathize with Cherry's insecurities. It isn't easy being confident in a world that glamorizes a size 0! I thought Rick was the perfect hero for Cherry. He chased her in a way that would make any woman swoon. He was considerate of her feelings, yet really pushed her past her com...more
Janey
Aah... What a sweet and lovely book, yay the chubby girl gets the hottie!, go Cherry!, bout time too...,I liked that you got a glimpse of the next two stories, Tim the vets next so definitely going to read that one.
Gabby
I expected better from Ms. Verdenius, since Call On Me was really good, but this one is sappy, too sweet, and pretty fairy-tale-meets-erotica-wannabe.

I'm reading the entire trilogy, just ... because I want to know if Call On Me (The Mackay Sisters #1) by Angela Verdenius was a good shot or her writing gets better and better.
Maria
Stars: 3
First of all was this story a short story? Well to me it felt as if it was a short story.
I think I have read a ‘curvy’ woman story before, and no offence but this story followed the same path.

A curvy woman, who is insecure about her weight, enters a hot man. They have passionate love, sex. But she is still insecure about her weight. Then you have a stick woman who ‘loves’ the man, but curvy will chose the man. The end.

Yep the book does follow that path but…

The book is not a bore, I love...more
Syl
Ok.

I liked the book because I'm a sucker for romance novels and I read a lot of them and I felt empathy with the main character, Cherry. The subject I can relate to, being an overweight woman myself, with a lot of bad experiences because of people's (and more specifically, men) (mis)conceptions about love and physical appearance; blame our Western society or the media. The fact is there and we can't cover it.

Cherry as a character can be annoying, but then again, after having lived a lifetime of...more
Maura
I'm back and forth on this one. In one respect I liked it. The romance is cute, the secondary characters are amazing and the sex scenes were pretty smoking.

Despite his creepy stalker attitude during the first half of the book, Rick Reed becomes the guy of my dreams. He has unlimited patience with the heroine's insecurities, he stands up for her constantly and he's just ultra perfect. You just have to get past his inability to take the answer no that he has before their relationship starts.

Cherr...more
Claudia
I really loved it. I don't want to say much about the story itself. I liked the message, somwhere out there there's somebody waiting for you. It doesn't matter what you look like and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Which girl doesn't like that thought?! This book is perfect for a rainy lazy day, it warms your heart and makes you smile.
Mo_Better
So I read these as pure indulgence because none of these BBW books are ever any good - except for Skin Deep which I loved, loved, loved. This means that when I go into them, I do so with lower expectations than with other books so I am not as harsh in my reviews as I normally would be. I know that they are predictable and corny but sometimes I just need that. This book was cute and sweet and a quick read.

Now here's my problem with this specific book. All BBW books have heroines whose self-estee...more
Cha
Love this series!!! You can't measure someone's beauty in terms of their size. It doesn't matter if your dress size is double digit: you can still be beautiful and someone out there can see it as well.
Lea
This was a cute, fun, funny read. Loved both the guy and the girl. And it was nice to have a plus size lead and a guy who adored her just as she was! Looking forward to the next two in the series.
Kimberly Walter
I really love this book and the series. its funny, emotional, erotic, sexy and very good. feel connected to the characters especially the heroine. i recommend this book very much.
Maria
Ok! Now this is more like it! First fat/chubby girl book I've read that I really found realistic!
As one of the fat girls out there I must say that I rarely find a book that can truly represent the way one of us think and the way one of feels and how is for us in the world of love. I connected with Cherry in so many situations! And Rick is just the right man for one of us. The way he managed the situation was logical.
The story was sweet and sexy, the dialogue was witty and smart. Not a fan of th...more
Clamourei
This is a light read but a very sensual one. It's about Cherry, 35 yrs old virgin, who has insecurities with her figure, being plump and petite. She longs for a male company. Intimate company with a man and not just mere buddies which she was usually categorized to.

" It's not that I dont want to be a virgin," she told Frizzo and Sugar, who were both lolling back on her sofa opposite her. " I just want, for once, to beheld. Touched. Kissed."

So when her ever good friends, Susie and Maxie, "liter...more
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
The cover image for this book was what first brought it to my attention - it looked cute, and the female cover model was clothed, so I guessed the book was probably not written primarily for a male audience (All Romance Ebooks, where I purchased it, can be a minefield at times). I liked the excerpt, and a few of the reviews I read on Goodreads sounded encouraging. I looked forward to a story that would indulge my love for shy heroines, as well as my love for heroines with body image issues who m...more
Katie Blackman
A lovely book of fluff This book was very refreshing! I had gotten into a trend of reading young adult books about online relationships and this book was perfect to go to right after those. The main character Cherry was very convincing and I felt like I'd be best friends with her and her two besties. Though my favorite out of the trio was Susie, I have to say. Rick was a dream boat for me he's the posh, new doctor who just moved to the area and starting at a new hospital. I loved him and Tim int...more
Book 1 of 'Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy. I enjoyed this immensly. A very different start to a romance, with a very sexy twist. I love these tales that give us plus size girls a chance to shine in loving passionate relationships.

I thought that Cherry Williams came across with quite a lot of the issues that plague plus size girls world wide. Large men have issues, but for some reason girls get more grief. Skinny girls can be real mean to girls of plump persuasion.

Dr Rick Read, comes from money &...more
Mary (I ♥ Books)
Although I liked this story over all i had a few issues with it: a lot of cliches, stalkerish hero, low self-esteem full figured heroine. I also don't like the idea of men in romance novels having a type. The hero is supposed to like the girl for her not because she fits his type. The author did say that the hero dated all kinds of women but overall i don't like stories of full figured women who are with men because she fits his type.
Michelle
It was a DNF. At the 34% mark I just couldn't do it anymore. The heroine was rude, openly hostile and just god awful for pretty much ZERO reason. Which made it even more confusing why the hero was so determined to have her. I understand that it was all about putting up walls and a hero strong and genuine enough to want to break them down, but it just didn't ring true for me. Plus, it was SUPER annoying.
Kris Hekmi
Got a weird, I hate myself for fat vibe all throughout the book. Even when attempting to be positive. It was disconcerting. I have read other books with plus-sized heroines and they had characters with better self-esteem. This one was just cruel at times. I feel bad about what some plus-sized people have to go through but I just felt sad reading this which isn't what I want when I'm reading romance books.
  • Curves by Design: A BBW Erotic Romance (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #3)
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • Curve Contract (Billionaire BBW Erotic Romance)
  • Full Bodied Charmer
  • The Curvy Sister
  • A Whole Lot of Love
  • Leader of the Pack
  • See Me
  • No Regrets
  • His Teddy Bear
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Double Plush Velvet (Velvet, #1)
  • Big Bad Wolf
  • Claiming His Wife (Unlikely Love #3)
  • Rude Awakening
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
I live in Australia, where I am ruled by my cats, adore reading, and I think a perfect day is writing and drinking Diet Coke, followed by reading or a good horror movie.

Reading has always been my escape, writing my dream. Horror, myths, legends, fantasy and history, there are no limits to the wonders to be found. And romance? Well, that adds the spice, hope and happiness ever after.
More about Angela Verdenius...
Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #2) Vet's Desire (Big Girls Lovin' Trilogy, #3) Alex (The Lawson Boys #1) Marty (The Lawson Boys #2) The Virgin Sex Queen