Start by marking “An Unlikely Pair” as Want to Read:
An Unlikely Pair

An Unlikely Pair (My Once and Future Love 0.5)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  465 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Prequel short story for "My Once and Future Love". By typical standards, Beth and Jacob should've never been friends, but it's funny what Geometry class and a shared backyard wall can bring about.
Published April 13th 2011 by Carla Krae, via Smashwords (first published April 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about An Unlikely Pair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unlikely Pair

Dani
Cute little prequel that has me wanting to jump right into this series. Jacob = totally oblivious, but *swoon.* And Bethie, well, I'd imagine many of us have been in a place similar to Beth's (I.e. the dreaded, soul-sucking friend zone) and Krae communicates those difficult feelings perfectly. Also, I'm usually not a fan of stories that jump over long time periods, but in this case, it somehow worked for me. I also think that sometimes a broad timeline can impede character development, but again ...more
Clary ♡.
Ok casi le doy una star pero no quise ser tan mala, la verdad cuando lei la sinopsis y todo no se, me hice otra idea del libro pero al leerlo la verdad me re aburrió en primera sorry si hay spoiler una chica de 14 años con uno de 17 años? Ni como amigos los imaginaba no se, se me hacia demasiado irreal y la verdad me dio un sueño y a pesar que el libro tiene un poco mas de 50 paginas se me hizo eterno!
Estuvo bien creo, hubo algunas partes que estaban regulares pero no me atraparon los personajes
Lauryn
I loved Bethie and Jacob! Girl/Boy next door stories are my FAVORITE and Bethie and Jacob's relationship was adorable. Bethie is 2 years younger than Jacob and they become best friends when Bethie starts tutoring Jacob in geometry. The dialogue between the two had me grinning, it was very adorable. I can't wait to read the second book!
Shayla Williams
It set up the foundation for Beth and Jacobs love. It may be short but it leaves you wanting more, as you can almost see the future for these love birds in the making.
Trenda Lee
This one is my favorite
Kate
As the title suggests, this short story is about two people who don't quite fit together. Jake is a very popular student, and Beth is a geeky student two years his junior (which is a big deal in high school) who is a bit geeky. They meet in math where Beth learns that Jake needs a tutor and offers her assistance. This leads to hanging out for a while after school, though it's generally just for studying.

A note about this story's writing style--it's told from both their points of view. When told
Lucie Fuentes
Reactions:
Available for free on Amazon, this novel reads in less than an hour. Short but attention-grabbing , the story describes the first emotions of a young adolescent for her handsome foreign neighbor. Under cover of a beautiful friendship, feelings arise between the two protagonists.

If for Beth, her heart was inflamed at first sight, her youth, her childish's body and a lack of confidence in herself prevented her from seizing opportunities. She makes no move to work on her feelings and acce
Evie
Such a cute short read that I absolutely adored! It spans Beth's high school years and her unlikely friendship with Jacob, her new neighbor from England.
I would have given this story five stars except for one thing.
I'm mad.
Okay, maybe that's not fair but I am really disappointed because I really liked this story and would love to see where it goes next but the full length novel following this short story sounds very adult and not at all
Something I would be comfortable reading. Which sucks to sa
Kenecia
This book was...cute. The way it was written was different, to say the least. Not only did the author change POVs, but she also offered little blurbs of explanation from a third person. It threw me off, but maybe it's just something I need to get used to.

The relationship between Beth and Jacob seemed a little too one- sided to me. But I can say it was quite refreshing to see something other than love at first sight. Some character growth could be used here, and the lack there of made it hard to
Kasi Lou

My Review - This book was a freebie on my Nook and so I got it. I will pretty much try to read anything, especially when it's free. This book was just okay for me. I liked the story of Beth and Jacob and wish it'd give more details then just ending like it did. But I understand the author wanting the re
Sofia Lazaridou
I liked the book and the characters(which is very weird for me,usually I dislike someone).It felt like an introduction to the second book My Once and Future Love.The writing was very nice.

Jacob has recently moved to L.A. from London and attends the same school as Beth.They are also neighbors.Beth tutors Jake geometry and they develop a friendship.At least from Jacob's part.Beth has a crush on him and later falls in love with him.
Ruth
Prequel novella. I will be reading more.
Char (1RadReader59)
I really enjoyed this book. The two characters just jump off the pages to touch your heart. They are in some way each of us at some point in high school life. The bond of friendship they formed was heart warming & heart breaking at the same time. For those two years during your teens can be a life time. The way it end just killed me. Can't wait to read the next installment. But can't imagine it will be as wholesome as this prequel.
Angie
I enjoyed this book and found it to be very sweet. A friendship not the norm but one where neither can be without the other for very long until things change and an ocean is between them. This book captured friendship beautifully and the characters never took it for granted.... I want more of this book.... I hope the next next one is as good as this one...
Cathy
Cute book - looking forward to the next book after this prequel. The viewpoints and characters are great. This girl & boy have a cute relationship and she looks forward to going with him to visit with his mother who lives in another country.
Shantel
Once I started I couldn't stop! This is one of the best books I've ever read, and I've read a lot. It's a page turner, and I hated for it to end. It made me laugh and cry, and gave me goosebumps and butterflies. Carla Krae did an amazing job!
Jessy (BookEnd 2 BookEnd)
A cute short prequel. I love the introduction to the characters and who the were and what they are slowly becoming. I picked up the first book in the series because this book was a nice little appetizer that leaves you hungry for more! :)
Dalila Šetka
I absolutely loved reading this book! I read it one day and I really want to read the second book. The story has an interesting plot and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to read cute romance stories!
Jessica
This is a sweet story. I could relate to the characters - two outwardly different people falling in love. There's some truth to the saying "love will find you when you least expect it."
Hannah
It was a short, cute prequel, which makes me to want to actually read the book itself. I feel like I can relate to the characters, which is always a key element for me.
Sarah Fitz
A bit wordy at times and Beth was annoying at times. But I like the idea of this story and am looking forward to reading the next part.
Sophie (A Simple Book Blog From A Simple Reader! )
I really didn't like this book. I hates the 'english' character that didn't say any English words. He spoke American, not English!!
Charisse
I loved it! A very cute story of Beth and Jacob. Will be reading the next one, "My Once and Future Love"
Tina Wilson
although this was a young adult short story, i will be looking for the next book in the series.
MsBDiamondDiva1
This is a very cute story!!! It made me think about my first high school love!!!
Jhoanna
Wow. its good. excited for My Once and Future Love.

Read it. You'll love it!
Melissa
Talk about a tease!!!!! I LOVED THIS. Now I just have to read the full length novel :)
Maryellen
This was a good short story about two teens who happen to be neighbors.
Miranda
Loved these books can't wait on third book- does anyone know when out? :-)
Audra
I loved it. Loved the changing viewpoint in this case.
  • Text Order Bride
  • In the Spotlight (Mayne Attraction, #1)
  • A Hint of Rapture
  • Meandros: An Erotic Short Story
  • Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Telling Jase (Love is Always Write)
  • A Sliver of Hope
  • Dear Cupid
  • The Mistress' House
  • Gracelynn
  • Desperate Measures (A Regency Short Story)
  • Bound by the Heart
  • Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! Five Short Mysteries
  • Bayne and Lucas (Dragoste Academy, #1)
  • The New Girl (Webster Grove, #1)
  • A Season of Eden
  • Unicorn Bait
  • Death Has a Name (Brodie Wade, #1)
Fiction writer. Sci-fi lover. Trained vocalist. Cat mom. Carla Krae lives in California with two crazy cats and a tech guy. Carla has been a bestselling author on Amazon.

More about Carla Krae...
My Once and Future Love (My Once and Future Love, #2) An Unlikely Pair (My Once and Future Love, #1) Turn the Page (My Once and Future Love, #2.5) Personal Attention (My Once and Future Love, #2) My Once and Future Love 3-book Bundle (My Once and Future Love, #0.5-2)