Start by marking “Conqueror Series Collection: Wolf of the Plains, Lords of the Bow, Bones of the Hills” as Want to Read:

Conqueror Series Collection: Wolf of the Plains, Lords of the Bow, Bones of the Hills (Conqueror #1-3 Box set)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  449 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Paperback
Published January 24th 2011 by Zatpix

Philip Corbett
The first two books in this series, Wolf of the Plains and Lords of the Bow, are completely un-put-down-able.

I read the first one in the space of two days on holiday, and thanks to the power of the Kindle, was able to go straight in to the second instalment and ultimately started on the third in the same week!

Fantastic storytelling. How Iggulden makes something as bleak as Mongolian life so compelling is beyond me, but he manages it without getting mired in needless detail. The characters are cl
Gary Bellfield
This series of books takes you back in time! It makes you feel as if you are riding along with Genghis Khan himself and you never want to leave! Brilliant
Edward
This is close to being my fav book/series, I never thought another author would come close to Matthew Reily but Conn certainly has.

I personally love roman/ancient war books and this is definitely the best one i have read. Once you start reading you are instantly imagining life on the plains and the amazing battles that are constantly throughout the book.

The only downside is the end of the series it sort of looses its excitement but the first three books are 10/10.

If you haven't read these books
Cory
makes me feel manly.
Greenmanxy
After plowing through the books I brought with me on holiday way too quickly, I was left bored and decided to check out the local bookstore. (By the way, I'm now a proud owner of a e-book reader, a Kobo Glo, and never again shall I lack a good read on my vacation!)

The bookstore had a limited supply of books written in english so I finally decided that a story about Genghis Khan would most likely be fun. My preferred genre at that time was fantasy so diving into a historical fiction novel didn't
Georgie
Bonding with my teenage son, I read this series, but I had to stop after the 3rd book - there are 5. Written by the 'Dangerous Books for Boys' guy was a positive and my son loved it. However I got a bit bored with the endless killing of brothers, battle tactic descriptions and drinking of butter tea but It was interesting. I feel I know all I'll ever need to know about Mongol rulers.
Julie Brierley
Historical fiction telling the story of Genghis Khan. It's brilliant but blood thirsty. The first book covers his childhood which was difficult especially after his father died. The hardships he endured shaped him into the brutal man he became. These books are so well written and easy to read.
Mike
I am currently reading the second book in the series. The first book is one the better books I have read in the past few years. It follows the life of Ghengis Khan from a young age, to leader of the clans.
I highly recommend it.
Willie
Absolutely wonderful. Wish I could find more authors who research their subject matter as well as Mr. Iggulden! And on top of that his writing is such that you LIVE the story and era.
Gentian
Thoroughly enjoyable. The books were well researched and fundamentally accurate. The writing was good and pacey and - the mark of a good book - I finished them much faster than I planned.
Elizabeth Fowler
Loved this series. An interesting view of the beauty of nomadic life and the incredible military prowess of the khans. Interesting to compare this history with Europe in the 1200s
Concrete Jungle
I read these books while in prison. Without a doubt Genghis Khan Painted my mind with his battles. He built a nation out of nothing but his will and drive. Who said revenge isnt a good motivator? What really resonated with me his his simplistic view. He wasnt worried about Gold or silver. The allure of riches was the burden of lesser men. I bet theres hidden treasures all across the gobi desert that he and the mongols buried. lol
I love the quote about courage.
It is like a muscle or tool. you got
Rowan Brady
Brillant, first two really easy reading. I think there is two more to the series?.
Spencer
What historical fiction should be
Isreal
I cried when I read this...

This is how I want to be...not like how I was raised in this white world...

Kyle
I initially read the first in the series 'Wolf of the Plains' while spending a month in Mongolia itself on a travel adventure. The book is fantastically written and added to the sheer beauty of the Mongolian people, their culture, their history and their lifestyle. The book, surprisingly, is essentially historically correct but certainly adds a breath of fresh air by allowing the imagination run as wild as the horses it describes. A inspiring book.
Vicki Wilson
Conn Iggulden has the ability to make historical fiction exciting. He is the number one go to source for anything related to Genghis Khan. If you thought that Genghis was just another tyrant trying to make his mark, these books will make you see a different side to Genghis. His fierce loyalty to his people and his unwavering bravery makes Genghis Khan a hero like no other.
Alex
Surprisingly historically accurate series of books and a very good way of enjoyably learning about the Mongol character. Really like that at the end of the book the author tells you which bits he had to alter to make it a good fiction book so you know exactly what happened. Really exciting series and the books did not last long!
Peter Wrobbel
Excellent and totally gripping read. Whilst not totally correct historically (but not far off) it gives a wonderful insight into the creation of one of the greatest leaders/warriors of human history at the same time as being a real page turner of a book. Straight into book 2 for me
Philen Naidu
I thought that nobody could beat Ken Follet, when it comes to historical epics.
But this series is unbelievable!
If you're looking for an historical war epic that will transport you to another time, then you have got to read this!
Francois
Excellent books. The autor try to make a picture of all main caracters regarding the knowledge we have of this part of Asian history. the result is very interesting and because of the action you will never get annoyed.
Louiza Egan
Irresistible - open the first page, get on your horse and get riding!! Fabulous escapism at its best - though if you're like me be careful to look out for skipping over the gorier bits....
Maciek
The story diverts a bit from the historical facts at the end, but nevertheless it's the best historical fiction I read in a long long time.
Dimitri
I really like the book because its really interesting and theres lots of adventure.

WARNING ! you will not stop reading this book.
John Kroeker
I haven't really read much historical fiction before, but I quite enjoyed these books. They are entertaining and educational.
Tom
Absolutely incredible, particularly the first one. Transforms you to another world. History at its best, a great story!
Patricia Sexton
Phenomenal book, phenomenal imagery. Conn Iggulden is masterful.
Suzanne
GREAT! Have ordered the rest of the series
T. Strange
Awesome. I keep meaning to reread these.
John Barton
A riveting account of Genghis Kahn' rise to power
  • Dick for a Day: What Would You Do If You Had One?
  • Star Wars: The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy (omnibus)
  • Learning to Stand
  • Three Novels of Ancient Egypt: River God / The Seventh Scroll / Warlock
  • Oregon Country: The Story of the 1843 Oregon Trail Migration
  • The American Way of Birth
  • Deadly Kingdom: The Book of Dangerous Animals
  • Spellbound: The Surprising Origins and Astonishing Secrets of English Spelling
  • Herbs Gone Wild! Ancient Remedies Turned Loose
  • Battle for Empire
  • Spirit Fox
  • Star Wars: The Han Solo Omnibus: The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn (AU Star Wars)
  • The Ordinary Acrobat: A Journey into the Wondrous World of the Circus, Past and Present
  • The Odds
  • Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience
  • House of Stone
  • The Dusk Watchman (Twilight Reign, #5)
  • Jim Butcher 3 Books Collection Set: Cursor's Fury; Captain's Fury; Princeps' Fury (Codex Alera, #3-5)
119121
I was born in the normal way in 1971, and vaguely remember half-pennies and sixpences. I have written for as long as I can remember: poetry, short stories and novels. It’s what I always wanted to do and read English at London University with writing in mind. I taught English for seven years and was Head of English at St. Gregory’s RC High School in London by the end of that period. I have enormous ...more
More about Conn Iggulden...

Conqueror (5 books)
  • Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1)
  • Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2)
  • Bones of the Hills (Conqueror, #3)
  • Khan: Empire of Silver (Conqueror, #4)
  • Conqueror (Conqueror, #5)
Genghis: Birth of an Empire (Conqueror, #1) The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1) Bones of the Hills (Conqueror, #3) Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2) The Death of Kings (Emperor, #2)