Start by marking “When Danger Calls” as Want to Read:
When Danger Calls

When Danger Calls (Blackthorne, Inc. #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  24 reviews
If someone asks single mother Frankie Castor to clear a room, she'll smile and find a vacuum cleaner. Ryan Harper uses a gun. Can they work together when their lives depend on it?

Published October 22nd 2010 by Terry Odell (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about When Danger Calls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Danger Calls

Sheila
Frankie’s trying to hold it together, caring for her delightful daughter, watching over her mother’s romance, and struggling to keep her jobs well separated, because who wants a school-teacher to work at a bar. But the bar is where Frankie meets Ryan, and fate seems determined to throw them together until romance starts to bloom.

Of course, this is an uneasy romance. Frankie’s babbling meets Ryan’s taciturn stillness. Frankie’s ordinary world meets danger and terror. And Frankie’s delightful daug
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Blackthorne, Inc. series by Terry Odell. Ryan Harper is back home in Montana after quitting his job at Blackthorne, Inc. His last op didn't end well and he believes there is a leak there. He meets Gladys (aka Frankie) at a bar and he is attracted but he can't let himself get distracted from his personal mission. Frankie is a substitute teacher and works at the bar three nights a week as Gladys. When her mom ends up in the hospital after falling, Frankie runs into Ryan, or J ...more
Pattianne
Jan 20, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHEN DANGER CALLS - (Ryan and Frankie)

Frankie’s returned to her childhood home in Montana to help care for her mother. Her biggest worries are balancing the budget and the upkeep of an aging home. When she offers a man a ride home from the hospital, she never imagines she’ll end up having to choose between her daughter’
J.R. Tompkins
I picked this up as a free download on Digital Book Day. I was looking for something different, and I was very pleased to find When Danger Calls by Terry Odell.

When agent Ryan Harper goes home to Broken Bow, Montana to heal and hide out after a series of missions gone wrong, he crosses paths with Frankie Castor, an aspiring photographer with down-to-earth job and family responsibilities.

Occasionally, I did get lost in the descriptions of where we were going, particularly when things were moving
Jane Stewart
This was pretty good, an ok romantic suspense novel. I had two problems with methods used to create suspense.

STORY BRIEF:
Ryan is a former Navy SEAL who currently works for a covert ops group, protecting national security. Ryan goes to Panama to get a CD with information. He is attacked and barely escapes. He quits his job and stays with his dad for awhile on their ranch in Montana. Frankie is a single mom who quit her job and moved to Montana to stay with her mother Anna. Frankie works as a subs
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Lots of cliffhangers in this suspense.

Former Navy Seal Ryan Harper now works for a Blackthorne, Inc a covert ops group. When the last mission he was on goes bad and he almost dies he decides he needs a break and goes home to his father's ranch in Montana. But seems that last mission isnt quite over as the bad guys want something they think he has and will do whatever to get it back.

Frankie Castor left New York with her daughter to come to Montana to care for her mother. She works two jobs to tr
Diane A Brown
When high adventure reaches Frankie door, she not prepared…

Open the pages of When Danger Calls, and step into an action filled journey you can’t escape. Terry does an amazing job of story telling. Her characters are well rounded, emotional, and flawed in a captivating sort of way. Their unpredictability and change keeps you guessing what lies just ahead. There is never a dull moment and the tension builds from start to end. There is some open sexual descriptions, done in a gentle yet intimate ma
Marianne Søiland
In Norwegian only, sorry..

Dette var virkelig en vanskelig bok å evaluere! Terry Odell er flink til å skrive, det er det liten tvil om. Språket flyter veldig godt, og Odell holder meg engasjert gjennom hele historien. Likevel sitter jeg og kjeder meg, er dette litt for enkelt? Det skisserte plottet er interessant nok, hovedpersonene er troverdige og steder og landskap er beskrevet så detaljert at det sannsynligvis er kjent fysisk terreng forfatteren beveger seg i.

Jeg liker thriller/action sjanger
Chris Murray
A Great Read

A Great Read

I picked this up on a blog recommendation on sale. I was very pleased how this story unfolded with all the twist, turns and suspense. WITH few sexy love scenes. This is a wonderful romance
Delta
Free 07-09-14 (Romantic Suspense, Military)

AH
7/14/14 - Digital Book Day Free Download - http://www.digitalbookday.com/
Robbie
Plenty of action, likable characters, a good read. 4.3 stars.
Faye
Excellent. Romance, mystery and funny. Has all the good stuff for a good read.
Jeffrey
Really, 2.5 stars.

This was one of those books that I am in the middle on. I liked it, but wasn't something that I could not put down. I wanted to find out what happens, but didn't need to know right away.

I also don't feel like it tied up everything, and I don't see a sequel on the horizon. I know she wrote another Blackthorne novel, but it is with Dalton. Confused.
Paula Legate
I loved this book! Frankie captured my heart early on in this book. She worked 3 jobs, Working hard to give her daughter a better life. Ryan is a great hero. Hard on the outside, but Frankie found his softer side. I would recommend this book to all of you that likes action, with a dash of romance.
Hope Frost
This was my first time with this author, and it will not be my last. I loved the characters and plot twists. The secondary characters were awesome and made the story even more believable. I can't wait to start the second in this series.
Linda
Terry sure knows how to write novels that grab you from page one and When Danger Calls is no exception. With a riveting plot and fantastic chemistry between Frankie and Ryan which makes this a definite must read!!!!!!!!!
Amy
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I still don't see the point in her mother/Bob/Brenda side plot. I kept waiting for it to have some sort of meaning, but it never did. I will def read another book by this author though.
Angie Tharp zindars
This is a great series if you like suspense with a little romance. Lots of action. I will say that they are a little long but still enjoyable.
Greta Branas
really good book I could not put down!! The characters are awesome cannot wait to read the whole series!
Catherine
A page-turner with a how-will-they-get-out-of-this-mess ending.
Julianna
Great adventure story. Really liked it and would read it again!
Aaron Seufert
Was a fun suspenseful page turner.
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Lanie
Lanie marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
LizBookAddict
LizBookAddict marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
  • Tall, Dark and Daring (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #7-8)
  • Lost in Shadows (Shadow Ops, #2)
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Eleven (The Brandon Fisher FBI Series, #1)
  • Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1)
  • Guardian Ranger (Shadow Agents, #2)
  • The Edge of Courage (Red Team, #1)
  • Hunted
  • Colorado Wild (Colorado Heart, #1)
  • Singed (Titanium Security, #2)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Winters Heat (Titan, #1)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #1)
  • The Hunter (Crossfire, #2)
Terry Odell was born in Los Angeles and after living several decades in Florida now makes her home in Colorado. An avid reader (her parents tell everyone they had to move from their first home because she finished the local library), she always wanted to "fix" stories so the characters did what she wanted, in books, television, and the movies. Once she began writing, she found this wasn't always p ...more
More about Terry Odell...
Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police, #1) Danger in Deer Ridge (Blackthorne, Inc., #4) Where Danger Hides (Blackthorne, Inc., #2) What's In A Name? Rooted in Danger (Blackthorne, Inc. #3)