Start by marking “Notorious (Playing With Fire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Notorious (Playing With Fire, #4)

Notorious (Playing With Fire #4)

Loving her is easy. Proving to himself he deserves her? Baby steps Playing With Fire, Book 4King of one-night stands, all-around man whore, that s Eric. And you know what? He doesn t give a rip. After being dumped by the two people who mattered most to him, numbing himself with alcohol and anonymous sex was the easiest thing to do. Men, women, they re all the same to him. ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published June 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Notorious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Notorious

Taryn at My Secret Romance

This was a hot and erotic little number! WHOOAAA MAMA! But to be honest, I was expecting a bit more...more kink to it, I think. Nevertheless, it kept me entertained. :)

Eric's been burned by two people he loved, all in a matter of one night. He's in a lonesome state of mind and will take whatever comfort he can find. I liked Eric the moment I met him. He does what he wants, when he wants, and no one is going to tell him no. He's the kind of hero I like: mean. I do like my alpha's to be a bit more
Judith
Jul 11, 2011 Judith rated it really liked it
You have a man who has been kicked to the curb, literally, by the two people he loved, two people with whom he had shared a menage and who now have focused on one another as they left him out in the cold. His hurt is palpable, and he responds by being willing to "do" just about anyone to fill up that empty place inside him. But there's a problem: the empty place never seems to get filled. Until he meets Stacy, a woman who is willing to accept Eric with all his bumps and bruises, warts and hurts. ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
When I'm in the mood for a scorching romance, Karen Erickson is an author I'm sure will deliver. Her latest installment in the Playing Fire Series, Notorious, picks up where the third book left off: with Eric -- a man who has lost his lover to a woman they shared in a ménage -- who is now alone. To say Eric is in a bad place is an understatement. He doesn't trust, he doesn't share more than one night with a lover, and he doesn't love. Then he meets Stacy. She, too, is the victim of heartbreak. S ...more
Heather in FL
I think I thought this was going to be much kinkier. First, you have a bi guy, Eric, who is a man whore because the last guy he was in a relationship with ended up breaking off with him to be with the girl they did a three-way with. He's devastated and taking it out on anyone who will offer some comfort. Then, you have Stacy, who is best friends with the aforementioned threesome girl. She is wallowing in self-pity because her fiancee broke it off with her because he's in love with another man an ...more
Emily
Eric has been on a downward spiral since breaking up with his two lovers, turning to meaningless sex and stiff drinks instead. When he sees Stacy, who he recognizes, at a bar he has been using to troll for partners he feels a closeness to her that he has not felt before.

A delicate relationship begins with Eric feeling like it will be only a matter of time before he derails it, but as they grow closer he realizes Stacy is it for him. Panic sets in and will it be self sabotage or happily ever aft
djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Nov 06, 2013 djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars
This was really good, however I kept waiting for more to unfold and it didn't so... It kind if fizzled towards the end for me.

I did like the storyline of two broken hearts attempting to mend one another despite the fears of being hurt and rejected again. There's enough heat to set fire to the pages of this one, and I got my HEA so I'm not totally at a loss.

I recommend this fast hot little read for those who want a quick pick-me-up and some naughtiness to go with it.
Apr 18, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
This book was fair. It was not as good as I had hoped it would be. After reading the book #3 in the series I was definitely looking forward to Eric's HEA. What I got was a bland story. My other issue I was so totally annoyed when the author kept calling one of the characters from the prior book Brad instead of Brandon...Ugh!
Melanie Janvier
Dec 02, 2013 Melanie Janvier rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful. I'm so happy for erick.
Karla
Oct 25, 2011 Karla rated it liked it
Loved Eric.
ms bookjunkie
I'm happy Eric got his HEA.
Leigh
Oct 12, 2016 Leigh rated it really liked it

I’m a spoiler. Not because I want to discourage/encourage anyone in reading this book. I just want to write the highlights for me to remember by in the future. (There are really instances when I forgot about the story and I don’t want to waste my time in re-reading books that have bad plots.)

I read stories with LGBTQ characters but they were not the main casts. This is the 2nd book that I read where the H is gay or bisexual. I write “or” because on the book Scandalous where I met Eric (the H) he
Taannyya
Sep 06, 2016 Taannyya rated it liked it

So I am in two minds. I know I would have absolutely loved this book a few years ago. Its soft erotica, laced with kink and brimming with romance. Too much romance for my taste right now.

Read Erickson's Scandalous Scandalous before this. It'll tell you all about Alexa and Brandon and how they screwed with Eric and then with his head. It'll give you a justification, probably. for why Erickson turned sweet little Eric's character from Scandalous to an 'asshole' (sic) in Notorious.

This book is Eric
Limecello
Jan 03, 2016 Limecello rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
again a blurb that tells us NOTHING and I had to skim reviews to remember anything about this book. [Hey at least I COULD remember things?]

Anyway - I remember reading a book (sadly not the book) where the heroine tells the hero she's not willing to be his emotional punching bag anymore. [>.> I don't think it's THIS book...] -and I wish she would have done that here.
He is an ass.hat. to her.

And she's kinda ... not the brightest crayon in the box. And then with the his ex(es) and her being f
Michelle the Romance Witch
a pretty good ending to the series. happy that Eric got his happily ever after. But the females characters were a bit annoying, the fights or the couples a bit juvenile and could have used a bit more plot growth. But as usual the sex was HOTT and if you've read the others in the series you wont be too disappointed with this one.
Cyndy Aleo
Sep 16, 2013 Cyndy Aleo rated it really liked it
Reviewed as part of the two-story PLAYING WITH FIRE 2 for RT Book Reviews November 2013 issue: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/playing-fire-2-0
Jen
It's been so long since the last book that I've completely forgotten the characters, but boy oh boy, WHOA MAMA. This was surprisingly tame – like other reviewers, I was expecting a lot kinkier myself.
Tina
Jan 01, 2014 Tina rated it it was ok
Jessica Wertz
Jun 21, 2013 Jessica Wertz rated it liked it
This series was pretty out of my element. After finishing I really enjoyed them. They were fun and exciting. If hardcore seems aren't something your able to read about then this isn't the series for you!
Carmen
Jun 22, 2015 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked

Loved it it's scorching hot panty melting has a bit of all love fantasy lots of awe ummm yes characters are awesome It's a must read
Tia
Nov 12, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Not as great as the third one but it's a play off, of it. It basically drags right behind what happened in the third one, we finally get our conclusion.
Adrianne Bleeker
Adrianne Bleeker rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2011
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
May 22, 2016
Ramona
Ramona rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2011
Eve
Eve rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
May 28, 2012
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Veronica Martin
Veronica Martin rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
  • Steve's Story (Circle of Friends, #2)
  • Fournicopia (Delta Heat, #2)
  • Healing Touch (Play Doctor, #2)
  • The Delicious Torment (A Story of Submission, #2)
  • Two Loves for Alex
  • Satyr's Myst (Satyr's Myst #3)
  • Carnal Compromise (Carnal, #2)
  • Overdrive
  • Summer Solstice (Celestial Seductions, #3)
  • Running Wild (Northern Shifters, #4)
  • If You Believe (Unbelievable, #1)
  • Blowing Off Steam
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Ragged Edge (Body Masters, #1)
  • A Time of Dying (Araneae Nation, #3)
  • Blue Moon
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Playing With Fire (4 books)
  • Forbidden (Playing With Fire, #1)
  • Tangled (Playing with Fire, #2)
  • Scandalous (Playing with Fire #3)