Start by marking “Falling (Fade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Falling (Fade, #2)

Falling (Fade #2)

What is Celestra Caine? Who is she and did she ever existed? The Faders and the Others clash at the Underground, sending everything into a tailspin. Celestra is pulled into more intrigue, more danger, and more romance, as she discovers who she is and why everyone wants to get her in Book 2 of the FADE series.
Published November 16th 2011 by Edge

To ask other readers questions about Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling

Crossroads by Mary TingSilence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
YA Wishlist 2011
133rd out of 243 books — 478 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesAccordance by Shelly CraneDefiance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
444th out of 1,066 books — 2,186 voters

More lists with this book...

Liberty Ann Ireland
Apr 04, 2013 Liberty Ann Ireland rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA Dystopian SciFi Romance

My Review of Falling: 5 Stars+, 1 Flame

Okay, so were back with Celestra or Celeste or Celes or...in the second book in the FADE series. Essentially, we pick up right where we left off in Fade, which is good. Celes is trying to like and accept her new life and she does but she still remembers her other life and it makes her wistful and sad at times. Celes really discovers who she is and why everyone seems out to get her in here. Jack? Yes, he's here, all debonaire and secret agent-ish as ever. Gr
Nikki Archer
Nov 30, 2011 Nikki Archer rated it it was amazing
love this book love kalina gow book
Ellen
Nov 23, 2012 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours
Falling picks up where Fade leaves off. In the heat of a life and death battle between "The Others" and "The Underground," Celestra, has discovered her unique and deadly gift, and unfortunately, has displayed it in front of everyone there. Jack makes a decision and orders Grayson to escape and take Celestra to Location Two. Celestra doesn't want to leave Jack behind and Grayson ends up having to sedate her to keep her under control. Overwhelmed by grief and the fear that she has lost Jack foreve ...more
HebaH
Mar 18, 2012 HebaH rated it it was amazing
Falling is the second installment of the Fade Series in which Kailin Gow throws readers for a humungous loop. Not only is there non-stop action in Falling, but also revelations of Celes’ origin that may cause cardiac arrest.
“I won’t let the chaos of my life in the last few weeks crush me.” (Falling, pg 8)
Falling opens with racing thoughts from Celes. Her confusion about who she is continues to chase her, but she shows readers that she’s on the verge of acceptance. She may have had to change her
Tiffany Holme
Nov 29, 2012 Tiffany Holme rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, paperback, arc, signed
This series just got better. This first book skimmed the surface and hooked you but this one pulls you in and holds you. The previous book ended with a cliff hanger but this one started with a bang. You start right where we ended with Celes and her racing thoughts. Celes has come a long way but still is unsure of who she really is, what she really is.

The basics are still all in this book. Celes is still running with the Faders and their word against the others. With a war going on between the
Maghon Thomas
I should have known that it always gets better the second time around. Taking off from the exact spot of where book one left you hanging, it’s an explosive beginning! With the others trying to kill Celestra and destroy the underground, she has some choices to make. Along with the fact that every time Jack’s in troubld, her powers come out.

So all Jack wants is go keep Celestra safe. The head of the underground has just seen her in action. The others just want to kill her. And a secret slips that
Emily (Reviewer
Dec 07, 2012 Emily (Reviewer rated it it was amazing
Kailin does it again! I am totally hooked on this amazing supernatural series!

The second installment of the series takes off right were we were left. Celestra and Greyson are flying away from the battle raging below them between the Others and The Underground. We have no idea if Jack is going to be alive after the battle, if all the “faded” information will be saved, and were Celestra and Greyson are going.

We soon find out that Greyson has been Faded and has been imprinted with a lot of informat
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
Dec 01, 2012 Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book) rated it it was amazing
After the heart-stopper that was the cliffhanger ending in the first book Fade we are taken straight in the action, at the exact same spot the previous book left us at.

There is so much action in this book, it is sure to keep you entertained, after the attack on the Underground, Celestra has been moved to a safe location, but with the disappearance and suspected death of Jack she is devastated, but she still has Grayson and while she's torn between the two of them she knows she has to keep a hold
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
Falling picks up right where Fade lets off. I don't want to spoil anything so I will try and be as vague as possible. Celes still waffles back and forth between Jack & Grayson (I am team Jack!), though it seems like she finally makes a choice, and is leading the other on. There is much less skimming over story in this book, and you are with the team every step of the way. There is a part that I felt could have been explained better, where someone is in a impossible situation, then pops up wi ...more
daffystjob
Dec 07, 2014 daffystjob rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Well, I only managed to get to page 35 and I got bored with the writing style. it jumps all over the place. I'm afraid the plot had potential but it was wasted. Shame.
Emily
Nov 27, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
I got the same feeling with this book as the first. It's short, but it still good.

Falling starts where Fade ended. I like books that start this way. I know exactly what happened and there's no'sumer break' for me in reading about them.

Falling has a lot more action than Fade. We get to know more of her 'wild side' as I would call it. Falling also makes us choose between Jack and Grayson. I'm on Grayson's side though.

This book shows off a whole bunch of things we haven't learned and more. I'd ha
Juliann
Dec 29, 2013 Juliann marked it as unfinished-series
Okay so Celest makes ALOT of wrong decisions,but theres some good to them.well some of them.But first Celest and Jack are aliens ,then their super humans & then their from the future?Some stuff just DOESNT make since,but thats the reason why i like this series.Can i just say that these books are just TOO short? And the Love thing going on,i mean can somebody just Kill Grayson already.And I was reallllllly mad when this book ended :( .
Karen Graman
Jan 24, 2013 Karen Graman rated it it was amazing
I have become quite the fan of Kailin Gow's books, as this is the second series I have read from her. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Fade books. I love the action, adventure, suspense, and romance in her stories. And this one does not disappoint! Many thanks to Kailin Gow for this book and the Fade series!
Lindy Lu Reviews
Feb 18, 2013 Lindy Lu Reviews rated it it was amazing
This is a great busy story!! It's sort of like Terminator meets Lara Croft this story was just as action packed as the first one. I give Kailin Gow a big thumbs up!!
Lovey Dovey Books
Apr 17, 2012 Lovey Dovey Books rated it it was amazing
Review featured on WovenMyst - Young Adult Magazine.
Fabiola
Apr 08, 2012 Fabiola rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Great book, I wished more events had happened
Overall I think it was good :)
Cari Rebbert
Mar 13, 2014 Cari Rebbert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good, books-i-own
Great!
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Stevie
Stevie rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Mai
Mai marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Jazzmyn Thompson
Jazzmyn Thompson marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Katline
Katline marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Saarella
Saarella rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Morgan
Morgan added it
Aug 06, 2016
Agustina
Agustina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles, #2)
  • Must Love Ghosts (Banshee Creek, #1)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Opposing Forces (Private Protectors, #6)
  • Undercover With the Enemy
  • Unholy Death
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • Pistol Fanny's Hank & Delilah
  • Killing Time (Ties That Bind Trilogy, #1)
  • Friends and Lovers
  • Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Winter Eve (Ashwood Falls, #0.5)
  • Determinant (The Guardians of Vesturon, #3)
  • The Darkening (Guardians of Ascension, #6.5; Dawn of Ascension, #2)
Having sold over 5 million books, produced and hosted 4 television shows now playing or soon to be playing on Amazon Prime TV and other channels; Kailin Gow was called an "innovating author" and an "Author as Influencer" by Goodreads executives at Book Expo America 2014 in their speech.

In 2015, Kailin Gow was announced as one of Cindy Crawford's Beauties, who is beautiful on the inside as well as
More about Kailin Gow...