Start by marking “Now a Bride (Mistress Trilogy #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Now a Bride (Mistress Trilogy #2.5)

Now a Bride (Mistress #2.5)

In anticipation of the enticing third book in the Mistress trilogy, The Secret Mistress, here are never-before-published scenes from More than a Mistress and No Man’s Mistress -- plus Mary Balogh’s new epilogue for the series.

JOCELYN AND JANE: Three new scenes—“The Proposal,” “The Wedding,” and “Return to Acton Park”—spark more fiery passion from charmingly arrogant Jocely
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Now a Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now a Bride

Slightly Dangerous by Mary BaloghA Summer to Remember by Mary BaloghSlightly Married by Mary BaloghThe Plumed Bonnet by Mary BaloghMore Than a Mistress by Mary Balogh
Best of Mary Balogh
40th out of 60 books — 45 voters
Lord Carew's Bride by Mary BaloghReforming Lord Ragsdale by Carla KellyThe Temporary Wife by Mary BaloghMrs. Drew Plays Her Hand by Carla KellyThe Rake by Mary Jo Putney
Traditional Regency
340th out of 491 books — 235 voters

More lists with this book...

willaful
Sep 24, 2011 willaful rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: series completionists only
A collection of vignettes related to Balogh's "Mistress" series. The previously cut sections from More Than a Mistress had some meat to them, but the mirroring scenes written for No Man's Mistress and the epilogue for the series were pretty blah. A pleasant nough read if you're a fan of the series, but I'm glad I borrowed it from the library.
Chumchum_88
Nov 28, 2016 Chumchum_88 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, historical
This was a nice short glimpse on the whole series by the author.

-It was nice to view some scenes from the original manuscript that weren't included in the published version.

-Also I have to admit i'm from the later category the author mentioned regarding epilogues, I love them.That's why it was nice to see all the three siblings together with their spouses happy and with their children.

Lady Wesley
Nov 02, 2014 Lady Wesley rated it really liked it
Lovely little update and epilogue to the Mistress books.
Ana
Jul 13, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it
It's a good addition to the series.

I enjoyed the 3 scenes about Jocelyn and Jane. I liked their book More Than a Mistress, and these snippets completed the story of their love. Especially the first two, the Proposal and the Wedding. I remember reading the book and being confused about the jump. I kept turning the pages expecting to find a missing chapter in which there would be an explanation. These stories filled in the blanks and I'm thankful for that.

The two stories about Ferdinand and Viola
Carolyn
Aug 19, 2011 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: balogh-mary
FYI. These are missing and/or additional chapters from More Than a Mistress and No Man's Mistress. If you enjoyed the books, which I did, you will be happy to read the scenes the author left out from both books. However, it is obvious to me that the publisher is just downright greedy to charge money for these few pages.
Isabella Oliveira madeira
Oct 23, 2016 Isabella Oliveira madeira rated it it was amazing
Lindo! Rever meus personagens favoritos em cenas perdidas e epílogos é um deleite!
Sheila Melo
Dec 16, 2015 Sheila Melo rated it really liked it
Content is Included in THE SECRET MISTRESS

NOW A BRIDE is a collection of additional material for The Mistress Trilogy. This material is also included is the ebook version of THE SECRET MISTRESS. There is no need to purchase this separately.

I thought that the best additions were the excised materials from MORE THAN A MISTRESS. When Balogh originally wrote that book there were additional scenes once Jane and Jocelyn decided to marry. In editing it was decided to remove those scenes. I believe tha
Melanie
Oct 04, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing
If you're like me, and you want to read three new scenes from Jocelyn and Jane's story ("The Proposal," "The Wedding," and "Return to Acton Park"), two unpublished scenes ("The Wedding" and "Home to Pinewood Manor") of Ferdinand and Viola's story and the reunion that takes place five years later, you'll get it. There was no way I was going to pass on this offer. I was very glad she gave us, her diehard fans, these extra chapters of the books that will stay with me for a long time. It was so nice ...more
Carrie Olguin
Jul 12, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it did not like it
DNF. I skimmed the pages seeking a story, but instead all I found were author notes and missing/alternate scenes from her books.

When I purchase a DVD, I like the extras cause I can watch them right after I've watched the movie.

But a book full of deleted scenes from books I read months or even years earlier? It takes too much brain power to remember the story, let alone notice the difference between the old a new material.

Hey, publishers! This idea of a book loaded with odds and ends just doesn't
Doreen
Dec 19, 2011 Doreen rated it really liked it
This short books consists of edited-out excerpts from Nobody's Mistress and More Than a Mistress, plus an epilogue finishing off the story of the trilogy.

I can see more or less why the scenes from More Than a Mistress were removed from the final version. There would be no tension to the final denouement if we knew what had happened in the intervening few days. It is nice though to have the option of reading them as an addendum. The same goes for Nobody's Mistress.

To be honest the books is only
Kaetrin
Aug 02, 2011 Kaetrin rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
Not so much a story as a collection of deleted scenes and a series epilogue. The latter did not really add anything meaningful to the story. and I'm not sure the deleted scenes did either - I think Balogh's editor was right in the first book as it turned out (although it is interesting to see the impact of good editing on a story). However, it was nice enough to revisit the characters. I am definitely looking forward to the new book however - how will Balogh make the pieces fit? I trust her to ...more
Janet
Nov 25, 2013 Janet rated it it was ok
Shelves: babyoops, familysaga
I challenge anyone to match me book for book on my love and knowledgeable of every single word Balogh has ever written but this book of epilogues didn't do it for me. I actually bless the editor who cut the scene between Jane and Jocelyn in More than a Mistress -- she was right, it made the book stronger. It was fun to catch up but there weren't any new information or insights.
Lexy Harper
Feb 28, 2016 Lexy Harper rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mary-balogh
Though I'm not one of those readers who need to know what happens after the happy couple kiss and ride off into the sunset, I bought this because I enjoyed the Dudleys' stories and wanted any further information that was available. Some readers have expressed disappointment with the contents of this book, but it delivers on its promise in the blurb.
Teacher1209
Jun 25, 2011 Teacher1209 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet supplement to the Dudleys Series, I enjoyed reading about some of the missing moments and the future epilogue. I'm looking forward to the third book in the series, Angelines story when it is published next month.
Angela Montgomery
Nov 13, 2012 Angela Montgomery rated it it was ok
This book consists of no more than a few extra chapters that had been edited out from her previous novels. Don't waste your money. The chapters don't even elucidate the stories or develop the characters further.
Amy
Mar 01, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it
Cindy
Jun 14, 2016 Cindy rated it really liked it
This is actually not a couple of short stories tying up the loose ends of the Mistress series. There are 2 deleted scenes from the first 2 books & a series epilogue. If you dislike epilogues, you might want to skip this. Very short, but satisfying if you liked the series.
Kiki
May 21, 2016 Kiki rated it really liked it
Simple short story, full of stories that were not in the original series. They were delightful to read.
Maureen Kelly
Mar 06, 2015 Maureen Kelly rated it liked it
Just fills in deleted scenes from her previous books. It's not a book in and of itself. Make sure to read the blurb before you buy, or you'll be disappointed.
Ani
Oct 18, 2015 Ani rated it it was ok
Loved the parts from MTAM- shouln't have been cut! Probably relevant since i just finished MTAM- otherwise it's probably not worth it. Didn't care for series epilogue as nothing at all happened.
Madenna U
A fun grouping of what would be extras on a DVD. The cut scenes and epilogue where a great way to revisit the characters.
Lesleya
Dec 15, 2012 Lesleya rated it it was ok
I enjoyed it because it was a continuation of several of Ms. Balogh's novels in case you wondered "whatever happened to..." But if you're looking for a full length read, this is not it.
Dancer
Mar 24, 2012 Dancer rated it liked it
These are scenes cut from some of Ms. Balogh's titles. Three scenes are cut from her 2000 release of "More Than a Mistress." There are also omitted scenes from "No Man's Mistress."
Robin
Jul 26, 2014 Robin rated it it was ok
This is a collection of deleted scenes from "No Man's Mistress" and "More Than a Mistress". There is also an Epilogue that contains characters from all three Mistress books.
Shallowreader VaVeros
I have not read any of the books to which these missing chapters belong but they were lovely teasers. They certainly have put the hook in and I will eventually read the full novels.
Maria
Apr 28, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
For those who want more from the Mistress series; I'd rather dive right into book #3. Well written (as always) but not essential.
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2014
Ness
Ness rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2013
Radia
Radia rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Sunny
Sunny rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2014
  • Brazen Temptress (Brazen, #3)
  • The Wayward One (The de Montforte Brothers, #5)
  • A Lady of Expectations and Other Stories
  • Unladylike Pursuits
  • His Reluctant Lady (Marriage by Scandal, #3)
  • Three Lords for Lady Anne
  • Good Work: When Excellence and Ethics Meet
  • The Demon's Bride
  • Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms, #6)
  • A Regency Christmas V
  • A Notorious Love (Swanlea Spinsters, #2)
Mary Jenkins was born in 1944 in Swansea, Wales, UK. After graduating from university, moved to Saskatchewan, Canada, to teach high school English, on a two-year teaching contract in 1967. She married her Canadian husband, Robert Balogh, and had three children, Jacqueline, Christopher and Sian. When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, music and knitting. She also enjoys watching tennis and ...more
More about Mary Balogh...

Mistress (3 books)
  • More Than a Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #1)
  • No Man's Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #2)
  • The Secret Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #3)