Start by marking “Joey Green's Amazing Pet Cures: 1,130 Simple Pet Remedies Using Brand-Name Products” as Want to Read:

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  7 reviews

From the man who knows how to fertilize houseplants with Jell-O and give someone a dry shampoo with Quaker Oats comes the first book of pet care tips that tackles everyday pet illnesses, quirky behaviors, and animal smells and stains by tapping into the power of brand-name products.

The ever-inventive Joey Green presents fun and offbeat remedies for a wide range of pet trou

Published April 26th 2011 by Rodale (first published March 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Joey Green's Amazing Pet Cures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joey Green's Amazing Pet Cures

The beginning chapter in this book had me hooked on turning pages. You see, most every day, I walk out onto my green lawn that I’ve worked very hard to get that way, and right by my mailbox (which seems to be *the* spot) is a lovely little present from some neighborhood dog (or even coyote for all I know). It irks me something fierce. So wouldn’t you know that the opening chapter is about this very problem! What does Mr. Green suggest you do? Sprinkle down some cayenne pepper and that will stop ...more
Charla Wilson
My Review: Since I am the owner of numerous animals, I was very interested in this book. I have two Weimaraners and a cat and you never know when something can go wrong. So, I am always interested in being prepared as best as I can. We have a local 24 hour emergency vet service and I have had to use them several times. They are awesome and I am so glad they are available, but they are also very expensive. I recommend that you see your vet for anything serious, but for the less serious occurrence ...more
Amazing money saving and eco friendly pet care product most of us have in our homes. I found something I needed right of the bat, How to keep dogs from dropping presents in your yard- cayenne pepper ! It worked, the spot was not visited again. I actually got giddy with all the great tips for every kind of animal. We are a family of animal lovers and have spent a fortune on basic need items. Here I found cheap and easy ways to clean spots, kill fleas, and care for many different kinds of animals ...more
Not the sort of book you'd typically read through from cover to cover, but definitely one to have handy on your reference shelf for when the cat is sick on the carpet or the dog gets sprayed by a skunk. There is a fair amount of repetition of ingredients/remedies, but this does give you alternatives if you're out of one product and it is well organized and indexed. There are some tips for fish, rabbits etc., but the emphasis is definitely on cats and dogs.
Excellent book. I wish I knew about this book years ago because it would have made my dog more comfortable and it would have saved me a lot of money as well.

Amazing and quite easy to follow instructions using what many of us already have at home. The only downside to this book was that in some instances it was repetitious, but other than that it is a book that all pet parents should have as part of their library.
This book is a must-have for every pet owner. Chock full of helpful, homeopathic tips, this guide helps you handle pet problems with everyday household items. As a mother of a veterinarian, I can attest to the high cost of vet care. This book will save you thousands and help your pets at the same time! My favorite tip is using dryer sheets to cut down on pet dander and shedding. It works like a charm!
Alissa Cook
This book is SO interesting!! I just love it.. It just baffles me how so many household products/foods have several advantages that you'd never have guessed in a million years! This book is DEFINITELY a must have for any pet owner!
Gene marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
E.D. is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
James Kubecki
James Kubecki marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Jennifer Brady
Jennifer Brady marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Lesley added it
Nov 11, 2014
Ashley added it
Oct 30, 2014
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Joey Green, a former contributing editor to National Lampoon and a former advertising copywriter at J. Walter Thompson, is the author of more than fifty (yes, fifty) books, including Contrary to Popular Belief, Clean It! Fix It! Eat It!, the best-selling Joey Green's Magic Brands series, The Mad Scientist Handbook series, The Zen of Oz, and You Know You've Reached Middle Age If...—to name just a f ...more
More about Joey Green...