Start by marking “The Jade Notebook (Notebook, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Jade Notebook (Notebook, #3)

The Jade Notebook (Notebook #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  238 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Down-to-earth Zeeta and her flighty mom, Layla, have spent years traveling the globe and soaking up everything each new culture has to offer. Now they've settled in the beachside town of Mazunte, Mexico, where Zeeta's true love, Wendell, has an internship photographing rare sea turtles. At first glance, Zeeta feels sure that Mazunte is paradise—she envisions dips in jade w ...more
Published February 14th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Jade Notebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jade Notebook

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom RiggsWonder Show by Hannah BarnabyShine by Lauren MyracleWhere'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria SempleChopsticks by Jessica Anthony
Breathtaking Covers
17th out of 73 books — 28 voters
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth GilbertWild by Cheryl StrayedThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienA Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonInto the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Wanderlust
152nd out of 534 books — 662 voters

More lists with this book...

Marina
Zeeta, honey, I respect you and all that you are. You've lived in seventeen different countries in seventeen years. You're conversationally proficient in dozens of languages. You're responsible, outgoing and caring. But, girl, really? You need to believe that Wendell, the love of your life, is going to be around for the long haul. He's basically planned his past two summers around where you're living! None of this wishy-washy girly crap about him leaving you (I get it, I wouldn't mind a Wendell ...more
Grace
Oct 23, 2014 Grace rated it really liked it
I loved this book and the series,I didn't want it to ever end, but it did with a lovely ending. All of the books held a bit of mystery and thrill which I loved. This book had the most out of the three. The first had a bit at the end, then the second had a mystery the whole book but the exciting part was at the end and the same for this book but the fast pace was more for the whole last half of the book. I loved the characters and how they developed and how none of them are really who you think t ...more
Melody
Mar 09, 2012 Melody rated it liked it
I adore Meche. I find the characters strong and compelling. But the plot? Not so much. The sense of place is excellent, the flavor of the people and the the food and the environs very distinct. The people themselves are very compelling, original and so totally believable that the tortured plot shows up in bas relief.
Ofilia
Mar 12, 2012 Ofilia rated it it was ok
This is the third and final installment in Zeeta's adventures around the world. Because it's the last one you expect a fair amount of tying up of loose ends, but this one is too neat and tidy. There is the same format used in the previous two books in which there is a mystery that Zeeta and her boyfriend Wendell must solve. There is also the usual teen girl insecurity in love stuff and crazy mom stuff. The problem is that this one is just too transparent. It is obvious who the bad guys are and w ...more
Ellen
Ok This time, Zeeta and Layla are in Mexico. Wendell has an internship at the nearby turtle center. but trouble starts when the eggs of the turtles are being stolen. ALso Zeeta is looking for her father.
Where do I begin. For the most part this was a very good book. I liked that Zeeta and Wendell are much more stable ( not always but more on that later) I like Meche and her "pet". I really like Zeeta's father Tortue, and all the other side characters. I also really like the climax.
But, truthfull
Reading Vacation
Jul 10, 2012 Reading Vacation rated it really liked it
The third and final installment in the Notebook series, The Jade Notebook was a combination of a sweet romance and a terrifying mystery. After their many troubles together as a couple, it seems like Wendell and Zeeta have finally found paradise together. They were such a great match; they complimented each other perfectly. I was glad they had each other to lean on throughout the many difficulties their respective families put them through. As for the mystery of the stolen baby sea turtle eggs, I ...more
Anna Jenkins
Mar 03, 2014 Anna Jenkins rated it really liked it
This book is extremely interesting! Along with it being a great story about a girl, her mom, and boyfriend, the book also has a beautiful setting which is described in a way that makes you feel like you're there! I did not read the two books that Laura wrote before this one, but that was no problem at all, the story was really easy to pick up on. I would definitely recommend this book to someone who enjoys travel, or just an adventurous story about a young girls life.
Anne
Zeeta and Layla have moved to Mexico and are running a small resort near a town famed for it's beaches where sea turtles lay their eggs. Zeeta's boyfriend, Wendall, has joined them as well and Zeeta thinks this is paradise. She does not want to ever leave this place, so she is doing everything she can to get her mom to sign a long-term contract with the resort owners. However, odd things start disturbing Zeeta's paradise: poachers, jaguars, witches – plus she is still searching out her missing f ...more
Anna Francesca
Aug 14, 2012 Anna Francesca rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Was this a book that kept me up to consume it like a delicious bowl of mole (to reference the details in the plot)? Absolutely. Zeeta's voice is extremely authentic. The characters develop, change, and move beyond rumors and expectations about who they are. While this is the final book in the notebook trilogy, it holds its own as an independent novel. However, the nuanced writing gets cut down by the saccharine epilogue that ties a neat bow on a series whose strength is its complexities. It is t ...more
Jennifer Louise
Feb 04, 2016 Jennifer Louise rated it really liked it
Definitely some surprise revelations towards the end, though I had figured some of them out before hand. Enjoyable read and appropriate wrap up to the trilogy as a whole. I will definitely be looking out for more books by Laura Resau. I also like that the series as a whole was very culturally diverse and included a glossary for Spanish vocabulary and terms in the back.
Rachel
Feb 19, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Third in the series. Has everything I've loved about the previous books. Well drawn, interesting characters. Fabulous setting (beaches and mole and the language and turtles!). Interesting plot that puts my favorites in danger. And of course the unraveling of Zeeta's search.

My only complaint is that I knew these characters so well and the books are so familiar, that I had EVERYTHING figured out early on. The moment a character entered the story, I could place them (correctly) in relation to Zeeta
Melissa
Feb 09, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
The one word review: Sweet.
A very sweet ending to the trilogy.
The story is exciting too.
Lee Anne
Feb 07, 2014 Lee Anne rated it really liked it
#3 in the series, quite enjoyable light reading.
Claire
Mar 17, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
Great conclusion to the series by Laura Resau.
Amanda Hunsaker
Jan 29, 2014 Amanda Hunsaker rated it liked it
Interesting series. I liked bits and pieces of the ending.
Karin
Jan 29, 2012 Karin rated it really liked it
Shelves: realistic, teen
Continuing the sequence (Ruby Notebook, Indigo Notebook), this novel finds Zeeta, her flighty mom Layla and her boyfriend Wendell in a small beachside Mexican village where Zeeta hopes to find her birth father and Wendell studies/photographs sea turtles. But there's a couple of mysteries (bruja next door with a pet jaguar, poaching of turtle eggs) that they get embroiled in. A little issue-driven, but vivid in description and setting. Enjoyed.
Carly
Dec 23, 2012 Carly rated it really liked it
It took a lot of convincing on my behalf to keep reading the book. I'm glad I decided to continue it, as the story turned out to be very pleasant. The first half of the book is very slow, and is quite predictable, but I still enjoyed it! Even though I didn't read the other two books in this series, this book works really well as a stand alone. Nice little story; I'm pleased that it had a happy ending.
Hollie
Jul 07, 2012 Hollie rated it really liked it
Inspiring, lovely, and left me with warm feelings. The jade notebook is a delicious treat along with the other notebooks. The last hundred pages kept me on my feet. Overall this novel gives and takes a little. Requires a little patience for one to fully get sucked into the story, but in the end you experience a piece of Zeeta's journey and a taste of mole (book reference to chocolatey goodness).
Courtney
Aug 24, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it
Zeeta I feel lost a bit of herself in finding Wendell. She was so independent in the first book and by this one she had lost quite a bit of that. However, I love all the other characters, Layla and Meche in particular. I'm happy with how it ended and I'm happy for everyone involved but these four stars were for Layla and the rest, Zeeta for me didn't contribute that much.
Mary Farrell
Apr 04, 2012 Mary Farrell rated it it was ok
I like the two previous books and was looking forward to reading this one. I'm not sure why I couldn't get into it. It just wasn't grabbing me. The pace picked up in the last third, but the plot was predictable. Laura Resau has a gift for describing lush scenery, that was enjoyable. Maybe I expected more from these characters and it was just more of the same.
Apr 15, 2016 Sarah rated it it was ok
This is the 3rd book in a series. Zeeta and her mother are in Mexico, running a cabana resort. Zeeta and her boyfriend are trying to find her long-lost father, with a common Mexican name. They end up trying to save the sea turtle eggs and befriending the local neighboring witch. I just wasn't thrilled.
Steph
4.70 I am in love with the third notebook. this book was amazing. it was everything I'd hoped it to be. I loved Meche and Gatito they were my favorite part. I also loved the gracia parts and the mention of La Llrona. I loved that Zeeta. finally found Tortue and they ended up happily as a family.
Kent District Library
Beth G: This is the third in the series. Zeeta and her mother have now moved to Mexico and Zeeta is hoping to find her father. Her mother has promised to stay in one place for a while and Zeeta feels like her life is following her plan. But of course something goes wrong.
Jasmine Walker
Jan 11, 2016 Jasmine Walker rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, this series is one of my guilty pleasures.. it is one of those stories with a bit of romance and adventure and the safe predictability that everything is going to work out perfectly in the end.
Lindsay
I feel so terrible for ranking a Laura Resau book so low, but I'm several chapters in, and I just can't get hooked. It's too predictable and redundant, and I just don't like the characters much anymore. Le sigh.
Mindy
Dec 11, 2012 Mindy rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series so much. They're the kind of books that remind you just how free your soul is. They make you want to travel the world, but still come home again. Love.
Stacey
Mar 29, 2012 Stacey rated it liked it
Shelves: library, mexico
The author should have added this story to the end of the Ruby Notebook. She could have shortened both stories and combined the story lines to make a more interesting read.
Alexa
Nov 12, 2012 Alexa rated it really liked it
Shelves: teenbooks
The conclusion of Zeeta's search for her father plus some ooey gooey love stories and sea turtles. What's not to like? Unless you didn't like the first two books.
Kaye Booth
See my review of "The Jade Notebook" here: http://www.examiner.com/literature-in...
Windflower Martin
Sep 05, 2015 Windflower Martin rated it liked it
  • Agartha's Castaway - Book 1 (Trapped in the Hollow Earth, #1)
  • The Time Travelers: Volume Two
  • All the Right Stuff
  • Almost Forever
  • Season of Ice
  • Irises
  • Master of Deceit: J. Edgar Hoover and America in the Age of Lies
  • Sisters of Misery (Sisters of Misery, #1)
  • Somebody, Please Tell Me Who I Am
  • The Soul Saver
  • You Smiled (Clairmont Series #1.5)
  • Iceberg, Right Ahead! The Tragedy of the Titanic
  • Finding Somewhere
  • Headlong
  • The Case of the Sin City Sister (A Divine Private Detective Agency Mystery #2)
  • The Underwood See (Withern Rise, #3)
  • A Farewell to Charms (Princess for Hire, #3)
  • Wild Magic
202936
I'm the author of the young adult novels The Queen of Water, Red Glass, What the Moon Saw, The Indigo Notebook, The Ruby Notebook , The Jade Notebook, and the middle-grade novels Star in the Forest and The Lightning Queen, (coming Oct. 27, 2015). I grew up in Maryland, then moved around for ten years (as student, ESL teacher, and anthropologist), making my home in New Orleans; Aix-en-Provence, Fra ...more
More about Laura Resau...

Notebook (3 books)
  • The Indigo Notebook (Notebook, #1)
  • The Ruby Notebook (Notebook, #2)

“And now, tonight, we're living through the bitter part, or maybe the painful, burning part. But more sweetness will come, sooner or later. Trust that it will.” 2 likes