Start by marking “Uncle Dan's Report Card: From Toddlers to Teenagers, Helping Our Children Build Strength of Character wit h Healthy Habits and Values Every Day” as Want to Read:

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A Unique Approach to Teaching Children Timeless Values

The worth of the child cannot be measured in terms of "Per Cent" alone. The home life of the child is an important part of the whole life. The teacher's judgment will be a much better one if the home will kindly co-operate. Parents are asked to carefully consider and mark "Home Report" as indicated.
-M. E. Pearson, S
Published August 2nd 2011 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about Uncle Dan's Report Card, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle Dan's Report Card

Christopher
Feb 13, 2015 Christopher rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves:
I feel like this book epitomizes the phrase "Get a job hippie!" Relying on incorrect and offensive stereotypes and generalizations this book canonizes education from 1900-1915. Fun fact about the early 1900's, just for example, the child mortality rate for ages 5-14 in as late as 1935 was 210 per 100,000 in 2007 it's 21 per 100,000 (http://www.hrsa.gov/healthit/images/m...). Perhaps it was all the work related tasks they were doing for their report card. See what I did there was provide a fact, ...more
Lenore Webb
Sep 21, 2011 Lenore Webb rated it really liked it

In learning life lessons we make decisions on how we are going to take them in. And how we learn them is so different than when I was a youngster. Do you remember that report card you brought home. You know back in 3rd grade. You slid it out of the envelope with a big smile on your face. As you unfolded the report card you made sure to hold up that one side. You know where it had all the S's on it. Not the reading, writing and arithmetic. But where it had your citizenship grades. There where we
Allison
Sep 27, 2013 Allison rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Most if it was pretty good, but there is a pervading fear of technology throughout the book. I'm all for limiting technology time, but I felt it to be a bit excessive. Other than that, it was about teaching good, old-fashioned values to kids with explanations of why they were important and a few descriptions of how to do it.
Gretchen Farr
Sep 02, 2012 Gretchen Farr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great, practical advice for parents, teachers and kids
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
Trish
Trish added it
Jun 24, 2012
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2012
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2011
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
Josh McDevitt-Spall
Josh McDevitt-Spall rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2011
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2011