Start by marking “Honey House” as Want to Read:
Honey House

Honey House (KC Carmichael #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Former con artist Katherine "KC" Carmichael inherits the Honey House, a Bed and Breakfast located in the tiny town of Juniper Springs, AZ, a hot bed of the paranormal tourism industry. It doesn't take her long to discover that both the town and the House are keeping secrets. The town entices thrill-seekers with special photo-safaris at "The Way They Were" Ranch, to take ad ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Hot Corner Press (first published May 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Honey House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey House

Ian
KC is something of a scam artist. She reads fortunes on cruise liners to make ends meet and occasionally she actually has an actual vision. So when she inherits a Bed and Breakfast in Juniper Springs, AZ she thinks she fully believes she is being conned.

Then the bodies start piling up and she is forced into an uncomfortable alliance with the town's sheriff to track down the killer and solve the crime.

I actually have a bit of an issue with this book. Read the synopsis...look at the cover and mo
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3.5/5 stars

“Never leave them enough rope to hang you”, is what KC Carmichael’s parents ingrained in her since childhood. Always be prepared to leave everything behind when a con goes bad. Perhaps inheriting a bed & breakfast in a scenic Arizona town is not the lifestyle to which she’s accustomed, yet KC has a home for the first time.

Read the full review in the 2014 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Grammy 1
5*****Stars

Laura Harner writes from genre to genre, and so if you haven’t yet met her, let me introduce you. Honey House is a wonderful paranormal romp into a Bed and Breakfast that has feelings. Got your woo woo antennas up yet? Katherine "KC" Carmichael works on a cruise ship as a psychic. Being fostered by a family of who were flim flam artists, KC knows the art of the con. KC receives a cryptic note reading:

KC

My attorney has taken care of the legalities and I have taken care of the rest. The
Loves To Dive
Katherine “KC” Carmichael has been running cons her entire life but has gone semi-legit as a fortune teller for a cruise liner. Imagine KC’s surprise when she receives a letter from former client Joanne informing her she left her a B&B in Juniper Springs, AZ called the Honey House. Thinking this is a good con; KC goes along and takes the limo sent to meet her to Honey House. She soon finds that this is not a con and she is the proud owner of a B&B that comes with a mind of its own, which ...more
Jenny Delandro
TBR 405

I just love books that feature houses with attitude.

I found myself loving all the characters this book is filled with even the bad ones.

love the quote
'don't change the name (of the house) ... the House won't like it'

the ending wasn't your typical 'hearts floating through the air and guitars playing music HEA with a sunset' ... it was more honest and that actually made it seem stronger .. it fitted with the whole story - no one is perfect ... but that does not matter.

I find myself thinkin
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
This is a review of the audiobook version of Honey House.
I've had Honey House on my TBR (To Be Read) pile for a while and was delighted when the audiobook became available. I love audiobooks. I listen while walking the dog, riding in the car, waiting for an appointment, or even while I'm working in my garden. It's a way to not only pass the time but be thoroughly entertained. Honey House is particularly enjoyable in audiobook format.

The story itself is a rocking good fantasy romance about a youn
Fan29
Honey House is an amazing story. It kept me reading and wanting more. There was mystery, drama, romance everything a reader could desire! Can't wait to read the next book by this author. :)
D.C. Renee
Kept me on the edge of my seat! Can't wait for the next book! :)
April
I came into this book a little blind, didn't read the blurb just before reading. I ended up pleasantly surprised! What a great story, and hopefully start to the series!

I loved KC and her snarky sass! She has a slightly jaded outlook, but she has earned it through life. Seeing the layers of her story peel away was fantastic. It wasn't a shocking reveal, but definitely kept me engaged. You really get a feel for what has shaped her.

The whole book is from her POV, which limits things a bit. I really
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Kindle Freebie 8/22/13!
Sadie Forsythe
I very much like Ms. Harner's storytelling style and Honey House is no exception. I enjoyed the ebb and flow of the story. I liked those characters that I got to know well (KC, Owen, Gregory, the house even) and I liked the murder mystery.

Unfortunately I also thought that some other important characters, most notably Quinn, felt very hollow. Part of this is the result of the book being told from the first person perspective of KC. She doesn't know much about Quinn, so neither does the reader. F
Bella Doerres
Honey House
By Laura E. Harner

I have to start by saying this is one of those books that I hated to see it end. Katherine Carmichael receives a bed and breakfast called Honey House. Never having a real home it seems like it could be what she has dreamed of. The thing is Katherine is a con artist and fears this is just another con. Once at Honey House she begins to realize that the supernatural is at play and the secrets to Honey House are slowly given to her. I mean who has a house that dictates
Tonya
Thank you Laura Harner, for giving me a copy of your book. I really enjoyed this book, I found it hot, fun and set in my favorite part of the country...Arizona. I did want a little more out of the ending, and felt that it left me wanting more, which is not a bad thing. :) I look forward to reading the next part in this series!!!
InD'Tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Sentient bed and breakfast homes are not all that common in paranormal romance. Its mysteries promises to enchant the reader.

Read full review in the 2014 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Petula
This is quite a wild ride. Our heroine has inherited a house in a very strange town. Her sex apeal goes through the roof. Then someone is killed There seems to be magical power everywhere. Good fun but adult only. Very sexy.
Julianna
I liked it. Don't quite know what to think about relationship between Quinn and KC but hopefully there will be another book that will expand on that a little more.
Synthe
Deux ex machina on too many points to even blurb about. Too bad.
Moira
Loved It!!
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Tiffany Collins
Tiffany Collins marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Jonathan Penn
Jonathan Penn marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
TheAngelAbilene
TheAngelAbilene marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Patricia Peto
Patricia Peto marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Colleen Johr
Colleen Johr marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Highland Shift (Highland Destiny, #1) Altered States (Altered States, #0.5) Continental Divide (Separate Ways, #1) Ty'd Down (Willow Springs Ranch #3.5) Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)