Start by marking “Lottie Paris Lives Here” as Want to Read:
Lottie Paris Lives Here

Lottie Paris Lives Here

Lottie Paris is nothing if not precocious, but she still knows how to act like a kid. She dresses up, she plays on the slide, she eats cookies instead of vegetables. She loves to imagine and sees boundless possibilities in the simplest pleasures. Plus, she’s sassy—so there’s no chance of getting bored. And Papa Pete knows just how to keep Lottie grounded while letting her
Published (first published August 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lottie Paris Lives Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lottie Paris Lives Here

Angela
May 16, 2011 Angela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
With the exception of the too-pink-for-me cover, this is a practically perfect picture book for young girls. It's always a pleasure to see a contemporary and fun story with a character of color that is NOT an issue book.

Lottie Paris Lives Here is a day-in-the-life story of an average little girl with just a little bit of curiosity and mischievousness. Lottie's fun personality shines in ways that I hope will connect with many young readers.

The illustrations are lively and vary in perspective in
Scott Fischer
May 18, 2011 Scott Fischer rated it it was amazing
Hi everyone, as the Illustrator of Lottie Paris, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed working on this book. Angela's words drew me into all that is Lottie, and I couldn't wait to create a visual world for her!

It is all traditional art, created with gouache, applied with rollers, stencils, sponges, brushes, and I even used a bit of sandpaper here and there! It is a very tactile feeling book, and my most inventive to date for sure!

Thanks for an amazing character Angela!
Guen
Jun 07, 2012 Guen rated it liked it
Shelves: girls-life, family
I really love the illustrations; they really make Lottie come alive! She is a fun, creative, imaginative, playful child. I also like the fact that they never show Papa Pete's face so the story really focuses in on the child's eye view of the world. I love the story for the pictures but prefer to use the pictures and make up my own text. The provided text just doesn't always quite work for me. Also, we do not use time-outs, or any form of punishment, in our house. We let our children learn ...more
Regina
Lottie Paris is a busy young lady today.
She and Papa Pete have to visit the park, Lottie has to build a castle in her room, host a tea party, secretly steal Papa Pete's phone to play with, etc. You know, normal busy little girl stuff!

Readers of other Angela Johnson stories will love Lottie Paris just as much. Through the picture on their wall, it's clear that Papa Pete is a single father or maybe even an adoptive dad. Readers never see his face, so the story takes on a very Muppet Babies feel (
Barbara
Sep 23, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: ncbla, picture-book
Her curiosity takes Lottie Paris all over the place, and she learns a lot when she takes a walk in the park near her house. This is a girl with plenty of spunk and determination, both of which get her into trouble sometimes, causing her to end up in the quiet chair. She certainly does know how to wear a hat, one complete with all sorts of baubles, feathers, and flowers. She also loves spending time with her Papa Pete, whether it's in the park on one of their walks or just sitting on their front ...more
Christine Turner
Jun 07, 2012 Christine Turner rated it liked it
Lottie Paris is nothing if not precocious, but she still knows how to act like a kid. She dresses up, she plays on the slide, she eats cookies instead of vegetables. She loves to imagine and sees boundless possibilities in the simplest pleasures. Plus, she's sassy...so there's no chance of getting bored. And Papa Pete knows just how to keep Lottie grounded while letting her imagination take flight! Award-winning author Angela Johnson and illustrator Scott M. Fischer take you inside the mind of ...more
The Library Lady
Feb 02, 2016 The Library Lady rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
The Caldecott/Newbery book is lovely, and politically correct, but this is the sort of book that harkens back to books like the immortal The Snowy Day. A little girl, doing little girl things, who happens to be African American, but has a universal appeal. I'm betting the award winner will sit on my shelf while the Lottie books circulate widely.
(BTW, the second book Lottie Paris and the Best Place is even better!)
Doret
Jan 15, 2012 Doret rated it really liked it
This is a wonderfully fun story about Lottie Paris. It's very text light with no more than a few sentences per page. The story has a great rhythm from beginning to end

"Ooookay, those aren't Lottie's feet. They're Papa Pete's. But Lottie is the short one wearing his boots, cause Lottie Paris is ready to walk."

I love Fischer's very colorful illustrations. He's given Lottie a lot of personality. The text and illustrations are a perfect fit. Sometimes I forget along with her YA novels, Johnson also
Lizzie
Lottie is a funky character, and seems to be in a lovely home with her Dad.

I like all the texture, repeating patterns, and perspectives in the illustrations. My fav is when Lottie is looking in the mirror and you can see what she sees on page and the back of her head on the other.

I'm not sure about the text though. I like the idea of looking for things in the pictures with younger kids (so say "Show me the socks...") But when Lottie is using the phone and then getting punished might be hard leap
Dolly
Feb 06, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2014
This is a sweet story about a young girl and her family. The narrative is short and fun to read aloud and children can empathize with her experiences of getting into trouble after giving in to a temptation or speaking inappropriately to a caregiver. The illustrations are colorful and cartoonish and really complement the narrative nicely. The content was a bit young for our girls, but we enjoyed reading the story together anyway.
Gail
Sep 29, 2011 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Lottie Paris, as does my two year old who wants to read this book again and again! Lottie has a strong personality, is adventuresome, and is imaginative. I love the childlike nature of the book. The plot is simple in a good way; we see Lottie doing what she does everyday. Lottie wears her papa's shoes, goes to the park, pretends, and even is shown going to her "quiet chair." The illustrations are wonderful and my child and I are finding new details with every read.
Monique
Feb 06, 2016 Monique rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
I've decided to read 29 children's book during Black History month 2016. This was book #6. Lottie Paris Lives Here by Angela Johnson and illustrated by Scott M. Fischer. Lottie Paris is a free-spirited, Afro wearing young lady that loves hats. Papa Pete is her main care giver and works hard to keep her in line. Lottie Paris has a vivid imagination that makes everyday spectacular. The illustrations are bright and festive.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This is marked as the Kindle Edition on Goodreads, but I was able to read a F&G of the book. Fisher's bright, fun illustrations were energetic and seemed to match the personality of the main character, Lottie Paris. And though I enjoyed Lottie Paris as a character - the text trips up in a couple of places making it seem a bit awkward as a read aloud.
Sandybear76
Nov 05, 2011 Sandybear76 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I met the author today at the Buckeye Book Fair. She is a very nice person. She has recently changed her style of books, saying that change is good. She had 3 books at the book fair, all by different illustrators. Lottie is a fun little girl who enjoys life very much and seeks fun and answers.
Selena
Dec 05, 2012 Selena rated it did not like it
Loved the illustrations and the little girl but where's the story? There was no conflict or resolution. This was another book that I wanted to love because it is so cute and I love the author, but it just fell flat for me. I do like that the parental figure in it was a father though.
Mary
This is a sassy story about a little girl named Lottie and her way of life. It’s short and sweet and full of things that many little girls know. The images are lovely, and you grow to love Lottie, even when she doesn’t always do as she’s told.
Dawn Van Ness
Dec 04, 2012 Dawn Van Ness rated it it was amazing
Shelves: under-5
A precocious, cute, and lively little girl, sometimes even Lottie Paris needs a time out, or two. Angela Johnson has rendered a character children will identify with or would want as a friend. Easy to read for tired, multi-tasking parents with bright, fun illustrations. Solid bedtime read.
Elisabeth
Sep 08, 2011 Elisabeth rated it really liked it
I like Lottie Paris - I like the way she sees the world and it was fun to get a glimpse into hers.
Jocelin
A sweet story about a little girl and her everyday adventures. Great illustrations, simple sweet story that is great for story time.
Daniel
Oct 26, 2011 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
This book is cute, and I like how the only characters are Lottie and her father, which might help girls with single father's feel less strange. Lots of imagination and fun, and some humor too.
Samantha
A look at Lottie's world with a nice voice that's both descriptive and full of personality.

PreK-2.
Tracie
Mar 10, 2016 Tracie rated it really liked it
Lottie Paris is spunky and fun. Her adventures throughout the day are fun to read and relatable to little ones.
Brenda Steffens
Brenda Steffens rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
jacky
jacky rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Caitlin Sabers
Caitlin Sabers rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2011
Jodie
Lottie shows readers where she lives and what she does for fun.
Emily Myhren
Emily Myhren rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • We March
  • Abuelo
  • Max and the Tag-Along Moon
  • Firebird: Ballerina Misty Copeland Shows a Young Girl How to Dance Like the Firebird
  • Sugar Cane: A Caribbean Rapunzel