Start by marking “What They Didn't Teach You About World War II” as Want to Read:
What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Filled with little known facts about the war, stories of soldiers and their daily lives, anecdotes and stories.
Published January 21st 2009 by Presidio Press (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about What They Didn't Teach You About World War II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What They Didn't Teach You About World War II

Jansen Wee
Beyond the few interesting trivia (largely America-centric), this book really offers little to anyone who has read a little about World War II history. The book has a disproportionate focus on the US perspective, with coverage on other significant aspects of World War II being seemingly token, or just the bare minimum to warrant the title. Maybe the title sgould be "What They Didn't Teach You About the US anorld War II". Another minor point is the arbitrary use of section dividers, some of them ...more
Amilia
I like it a lot so far. In so much, that I actually want to own a copy (I rent from the library). Its got interesting tidbits and World War II is already interesting to me. Makes me want to know even more about the war.
And I like how its divided up so easily and clearly with interesting topics for each chapter. Its got its own chapters just for airplanes and another just for submarines--how cool!
Luke
I love reading history books. Found this series by Mike Wright to be very thought provoking. I never knew about most of this from high school history classes. Very interesting stuff, I think his "What they didn't teach you about..." series should be in history classes.
Amber
Riveting! See the War through the eyes of a GI and you will not look at history the same.
Chris Capuzziello lampert
Chris Capuzziello lampert is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2015
James Macduff
James Macduff is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Jamie Smith
Jamie Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Carl
Carl added it
Dec 30, 2014
Stormy
Stormy added it
Oct 18, 2014
James Gillett
James Gillett marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Amanda Birdwell
Amanda Birdwell marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Ivor
Ivor marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Rahadyan
Rahadyan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
What They Didn't Teach You About the Civil War (What They Didn't Teach You (Paperback)) What They Didn't Teach You About the Wild West What They Didn't Teach You About the American Revolution What They Didn't Teach You About the 60s (What They Didn't Teach You) Jokelopedia: The Biggest, Best, Silliest, Dumbest Joke Book Ever