Start by marking “Lakebridge: Spring” as Want to Read:
Lakebridge: Spring

Lakebridge: Spring (Lakebridge #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  80 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Vermont, picturesque and lovely, attracts visitors from across the country in search for the perfect picture, the perfect fall foliage or perhaps a taste of maple syrup. Stansbury is best known for the odd covered bridge that spans Stansbury Lake and goes nowhere, connecting no roads and serving no known purpose. The locals call it the Lakebridge. Very few know of its myst...more
Published April 25th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Lakebridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lakebridge

Bending The Bookshelf
The first book in the Lakebridge Cycle from Natasha Troop, Lakebridge: Spring, is an old-fashioned thriller. It's the kind of book that understands it takes more than just blood and gore to make a great story - it takes an interesting premise to hook readers, a unique setting to orient them within the story, well-developed characters to make them care about what happens next, and an author who truly enjoys spinning a tale to bring it all together.

This is a story where everybody, including the mo...more
Jessica
It's sad really that I am not nearly eloquent enough to express just how great this book is. I can and will gush like the goof I am but in all seriousness this book is wonderful and I am just sorry that I can't convey with words how much of an impact it had.

The most interesting thing is that once I started reading the second in the series Lakebridge Summer I began to love the first even more. I think it has to do with the connection with the characters you come to care for them so much that see...more
Elisa
Perfectly horrific. Dang, I am disturbed. Review to follow.
I am on the LakeBridge Summer First Rules publicity virtual book tour and was given this book as well as Summer. I like to read series in order whenever possible, even though it doesn't always happen, so I jumped on the chance to read them both. So glad I did, there is a lot of backstory that I think will be helpful in the next book. And it was creeptastic. I am quite disturbed actually.

Getting into this story took me a little while. It...more
Melissa Pomeroy
One of the most boring books I have read in a long time. The author just rambles on about stuff and the book has no real story line.
Becca Smith
Amazing! If you like old school Stephen King, you'll LOVE this book! Awesome read!
Lindsay Klug
This was an interesting read, to say the least. The story is centered around a bridge built by the founder of Stansbury, and supposedly a link to a realm few of us wish to encounter. I won't delve too deeply into the plot or details, as it would be difficult to explain without giving away the whole book.

One thing I noticed in this book was the intricate detail the author went into with each person's life. At times, this made the book a bit daunting, but at others it was interesting to read. The...more
Red Haircrow
To read my recent interview with Natasha Troop, please visit Flying With Red Haircrow website http://flyingwithredhaircrow.wordpres...

"Clean, clear, crisp writing about dark magic and sinister scenes that gave me shivers both of pleasure at the sheer skill of the writing and the unpredictable nature of the story itself. Evident from the very start, the author’s plotting and pace was perfect, with visual descriptions that were never overwhelming or heavily wrought. They suited the story’s sense o...more
Kriss
There is a running theme on my website where I post my reviews first. It is a theme that fits within a sub-genre under horror in literature. But I have an issue with the term genre. When someone asks me what genre I read, I run my mouth off with a list of things that apparently fit the bill but frankly I read from where it has taken me emotionally, psychologically, intellectually and even physically. Horror is one of these things. It is not a genre, It is a term used by the masses because we as...more
Angel
I can't even begin to tell you how much I both loved and sort of hated this book. I was breathless at times and just knew there was no way the author would be able to end the story satisfactorily in the pages allotted, but yet I still kept on. At other times I was overwhelmed by the multiple POV, way interesting use of extreme run-on sentences, and even the viewpoint of an animal. I'm not sure who I would suggest this book to, but I did love it. And hated it. Must go purchase the next one!
Samantha
I definiely give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

If you are looking for a book with plenty of mystery, horror, character development, humor and a lot of suspense then this one is for you!
Megan
I really enjoyed this book. It was just exactly my sort of weird. The characters were great, the story was interesting. I can't wait to start the summer one.
Jenny Price
Different but enjoyable. Enough to make me want to read the next one.
Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )
I really enjoyed the flow and plot of this book, I must say I loved each character and how they got to tell the story, their take on it. I love getting to see all the different takes and sides of a story. No story is never only one sided and this one the author does a great job at showing each side.

I liked how descriptive the author was in this book as well, she really is great at painting the picture so you can see it all play out in your head. Plus she was great at the small tidbits of humor s...more
Peter
This book was slow from the start. Just when the storyline look like it might be getting interesting, it takes off in the opposite direction. I do not like to give up on a book but this one came really close.
Charlene
I did not finish this book.
I gave up around the 10% mark. There was a lot of solid text and no dialogue at all. I'm sorry to say that I was bored and struggled to even get to that point.
Perhaps I will try it again at some point in the future, but I doubt it.
Kimberly
2.5 for good use of language. However, I just didn't care so much for the format. To me, it seemed like a long run-on sentence, with paragraphs that went over multiple pages. That took away a lot for me.
E. Bard
Working on the review today. More of a psychological horror. Can definitely see influences from other horror authors with the style - but the author's voice is original. Not what I was expecting.
Adreanna
I'm not sure how it's classified as a horror. I honestly felt that the author just rambled on about whatever. not too sure how I feel about this book. I was really hoping for a classic horror.
Frishawn Rasheed
Great read review pending.
Karen

Lakebridge: Spring

Odd, quirky tale!

This review is from: Lakebridge: Spring (Supernatural Horror Literary Fiction) (Kindle Edition)

This tale is an odd, supernatural one, which kept my attention, but frustrated me. There were many typos in the Kindle edition, which is distracting. The writing style is almost one long run on sentence. There are no chapters, just endless story. Lots of characters, all very quirky, but I was drawn into their lives. I did find it difficult to keep them all straight....more
Literary
Cover

Like: It reminds me of fog or shadows, which makes the reader think the book is mysterious and spooky.

Plot

There is evil in Stansbury ... in the form of a bridge. A covered bridge. Built by some English gent to access the darkness of his evil powers.

The bridge never fades. The bridge never needs repairs. The bridge can never be brought down. The bridge is here to stay to, obsessively and possessively, "love" the inhabitants of the town named after its creator, Lord Stansbury.

Will the Silver...more
Jennifer Giles Hinojosa
This book was a chore to read, almost painful. The run on sentences and paragraphs that went on forever were beyond tedious. This seemed more like a first draft than a finished book. I finished because I finish everything I start reading and was rewarded with a book that just ends. There was no pulling things together, no finale, it just ended. I would not recommend this book to anyone.
iamjenai

This review is not for the entire book as I have only read the first 50+ pages. I tried reading this many times, and I really could not get into the story.

The introduction was way too long for me, like a never ending one. The book has a lot of long narrative paragraphs (like 1-2 pages long) with very little dialogue, thus making the story hard to follow. It would have been better if there were more character dialogues instead of just narrating the whole story for the readers.

The book didn't wor...more
Felicia Ozbirn
I found this book to be so boring I couldn't even get halfway through it. I only kept reading hoping it would get interesting but after getting 48% through it was still as boring as ever.
M. Mendrygal
Reading this book was a peculiar experience, to say the least. Written as a series of first-person narratives, the story unwound in an elliptical fashion, with the POV shifting among every character one encountered -- including the occasional moose or dog. It proved an interesting but not entirely successful creative device.

The narrative developed a tale that transformed slowly -- going from simply quirky to genuinely horrific -- like tracking the movements of a timepiece's minute hand. That is...more
Barbara Zeh
Most of the time, I'm the kind of person that HAS to finish the book...even when I'm really not enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's the desire to know what happens, or just plain hoping it gets better. I was probably 80% of the way through this book before it even captured me in the slightest. I won't be reading the next one in the series...I just can't put myself through this again. I found it incredibly hard to follow, between flash backs with no warning, and then back to the present, and consta...more
Greg
A really slow story!
Wendy Price
This is just an odd story and somewhat randomly put together. And it just sorta stops...no real ending; it just stops. I would hope that the second book in the series is better. I may even try to read it because I enjoyed the character development. It seems somewhat Stephen Kingish to me. Maybe the Summer book will tell more or just provide a more satisfactory ending.
Bonnie
I enjoyed this book. It has an interesting storyline and well developed characters. As a whole, it needed a little more editing. The chapters were very long. Some sections were a bit repetitive. I will be reading the next book in Mrs. Troop's series. I see a lot of potential here.
Mike
Very strange and unique story construction with each person's history tole from first person, but yet all linked together. It wasn't the story I expected, but it hooked me completely.
  • Lineage: A Supernatural Thriller
  • The Mortician's Wife
  • High Moor
  • Geddy's Moon
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Forsaken
  • Sam
  • Swan Loch
  • Bottled Abyss
  • The Seventh Seal
  • 314
  • A Soul to Steal (The Sanheim Chronicles, #1)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • One Blood
  • Cages (Cages, #1)
  • Apocalypse Island
  • Tag (The Zumar Chronicles, #1)
  • Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars, #1)
Natasha grew up in Southern California currently lives in the Los Angeles area with her spouse, son, daughter and menagerie of pets, including one very overprotective collie dog.
More about Natasha Troop...
Lakebridge: Summer (2) Lakebridge: Autumn (The Lakebridge Cycle, #3 Lakebridge: Autumn: The Lakebridge Cycle - Book 3