Start by marking “The High Chaparral: Apache Way” as Want to Read:

The High Chaparral: Apache Way

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Hardcover, Authorized ed., 210 pages
Published 1969 by Whitman

To ask other readers questions about The High Chaparral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The High Chaparral

Rick Bavera
The was an enjoyable and quick read.

I remember, vaguely, seeing some of the High Chaparral shows on TV way back when, but I think I often get them muddled up with The Big Valley, another show I occasionally watched.

At any rate, this was a fun read of a book from the time when I was growing up. The writing style (as with many book adaptations of TV shows) seems to be geared toward easy reads and/or teen/young adult level of reading. Which is fine.

Recommended if you were ever a fan of any of th
I enjoyed it. It was definitely intended for younger audiences and had very little actual violence in it. Blue and Manolito are captured by Apaches early in the book and the rest of the work really takes place among the Apaches. There wasn't a lot of action but generally the settings and characterization were good. If you liked the TV show you'll probably enjoy this one.
Bargle added it
Aug 20, 2015
Walt Disney's Zorro Lassie: Lost in the Snow Lassie: Trouble at Panter's Lake Many Rivers to Cross Lassie: The Mystery of Bristlecone Pine