Start by marking “November (November, #1)” as Want to Read:
November (November, #1)

November (November #1)

**2016 Update** November is now available for Kindle.

After a sterility plague has nearly extincted mankind, a few men begin to manifest a rare and unpredictable ability to bear children. As everyone struggles to rebuild, these Carriers try to find their own identity in a changing world - and become the targets of a desperate society.

Jesse, Ortega, Sloane, and Tiger are fou
Published June 28th 2011 by AO3

To ask other readers questions about November, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about November

Sacred Fate by EressëThe Degan Incident by Rob ColtonScales And A Tail by Stormy GlennAcquainted with the Night by Tymber DaltonKing's Conquest by Valentina Heart
Mpreg Romance
82nd out of 458 books — 513 voters
Evenfall by Santino HassellMind Fuck by Manna FrancisFade by Santino HassellAfterimage by Santino HassellThe Interludes by Santino Hassell
Gay Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopic
41st out of 209 books — 356 voters

More lists with this book...

julio
Jul 14, 2014 julio rated it liked it
Heavens, where do I even begin?

You know that bit of fashionable avant-faggotry that swings round every so often on the interwebz?

Homophobia—the fear that gay men will treat you the same way you treat women.

That one?

Yeah. Some badass wrote a book about it and set it in a kind of horrid, post-apocalyptic, androgyne Hogwarts.

It's like Desperate Hermaphroditic Housewives. Or maybe Downton Don't-Touch-Me-Down-There Abbey.

Close Encounters of the Third Sex.

A Vagina Grows in Brooklyn?

Victor/Victoria/W
Emma Sea
I'm not at all sure I can finish this one (and I made it through Neko!). In a dystopian future where some men are fertile 'carriers', spousal abuse is fine, rape is a useful tool for securing a mate, and fertile men are encouraged to wear skirts and forced to take cosmetology classes. Very well written though: a lot of similarities to Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. I'm feeling enormous despair after only 10 chapers. Stuck in this world, I would choose suicide.

EDIT: OK, I made it through. I have g
LaShonta
May 28, 2011 LaShonta rated it really liked it
Shelves: mpreg, mm-paranormal
Overall this was a good story. Any good story should make you feel some kind of emotion even if it is the bad ones. I was so fustrated and angry with some of the things happening in this story that I wanted to fling my laptop at the wall. The way some of the people were treated was inhuman. As the story went on some characters found their redemption and I began to thaw toward them. I can't say I would read it again because that was too emotional the first time out. It was a good story though and ...more
Yblees
Mar 27, 2013 Yblees rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-general
Very well written. I avoided November for a long time because the reviews were all over the place. I think it really has to be read as dystopian or speculative fiction, and readers expecting something from the romance genre really need to keep away from this.
The characters are caught up in a world of crisis and change. All the fertile women are dead, and for a while, humanity is facing extinction. Then seemingly randomly, some men change to "carriers" who can bear children.
November is set in th
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A very intriguing book. It is true it has some harsh content but that content is primarily mentioned - not overtly described. This is not a novel with graphic erotic love scenes - the sex is perfunctory and pertinent to the story and not explicitly described in most cases. It does include rape and violence though so if that is a trigger for you avoid this one (in general avoid anything on my capture/dubcon/slave shelf).

The story of four (although I thought more than 4) men who became carrier's w
Urbanista
Aug 29, 2012 Urbanista rated it liked it
Well written with good characterizations, but unpleasant and disturbing. In a post apocalyptic dystopian world, what is virtually a third sex has emerged, and women seem to be becoming if not extinct, at least redundant. That's because the new gender, called carriers (ugh!) are the only humans who can bear children. They are true (?) andro(male)gynous(female )beings; they have penises and periods both. They are all born male, however, ad "the change" comes upon them in late teens or early ...more
Fangtasia
Jan 05, 2014 Fangtasia rated it liked it
Mighty confusing, with all the strange names, complicated relationships, and unfamiliar dystopian world. Still, it brought chills up my spine, thinking of a world where men, who are used to being privileged by virtue of their sex, could have their status change so unexpectedly. Talk about pulling the rug out from under a person.

Warning: mpreg, rape, and lots of alpha men. Still want to dive in? Enjoy!
Amanda
Jun 01, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: mpreg
November was a difficult story to read. I had a hard time finishing it because there was just so much abuse heaped on the poor characters. Even the feel-good moments seemed bittersweet after so much darkness. It really kind of reminded me The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
IN YOUR WILD DREAMS A*****EThats what came out of my mouth when I finished this story.If the author has this much potential to provoke such strong emotion in me,then he should get five stars or more, but the story is not very original.We have all heard a lot about arrange-marriage gone wrong,with women being tortured and raped,
this story is just that,instead of a woman a man had been used.
So let me tell such strong statement, you why, first...
To imagine the whole mutation thingy was gross induci
Silkeeeeee
WARNING: DON'T READ IF RAPE BOTHERS YOU IN FICTION!

THE BURB BY THE AUTHOR:

"In a militaristic post-catastrophic world, a group of young men possessing a specific genetic sequence are targeted by the government to aid in species survival.

Jesse, Ortega, Sloane, and Tiger are four men living very different lives when the Change comes to them. Their stories are ones of adventure, romance, frustration, captivity and fear - but ultimately of love, in its many and varied forms."

WOW! This was very differ
Danny Tyran
I gave it 3 stars for the writing quality and because it seems to me that in such a context, it is likely that the army would take control, as the author shows. The army has never been known for subtlety in how to manage crisis situations. This is why I find despite the cosmetology course, this story has a certain realism. But I do not think I'll finish reading it. I find the story too desperate. If it were a story based on facts, I would try to read it until the end, but I do not see why I'd ...more
Dreamer
3.5 stars. In this dystopia, some men have evolved into 'carriers' that can bear children. The most popular way of obtaining a 'wife' seems to be to rape a carrier and claim an ongoing relationship. The book has a weird structure, the numerous characters popping in and out as it progresses. The character we identify with most is Jesse, a reluctant carrier who refuses to conform to the stereotype.

"We both live in a fucked up world, and we're all a little bit fucked up in it, but.." here, Jesse st
Leah
In a nut shell: This was a very well written, not for the faint of heart original story on adultfanfiction with LOTS of abuse. November is very reminiscent of Atwood's A Handmaid's Tale yet pushes critiques of marriage gender roles, sex and hegemonic masculinity to another level. I hesitate to say more before I complete the series but I do hope there is more hope and reprieve in the rest of the books.
Methosdeb
Mar 08, 2012 Methosdeb rated it it was amazing
loved this ,loved this whole series can't say enough good things about it.I really wish there was a new chapter ,I check the website all the time for an update.
Nile Princess
Well, I loved this. This is a futuristic story of a world where women are extremely rare and a 'disease' allows men to become 'carriers' ie. their bodies mutate so they can get pregnant. Because these carriers are so valuable, they must declare themselves to the government once their symptoms manifest and 'the change' occurs. This is for monitoring and control as well as their own safety as, since they are so sought after, suitors will stop at nothing to jump to the head of the line often ...more
Jerry
This was kind of a shocking premise for this book. I was at first attracted to it because....male pregnancy....sounds interesting to me. It turned out to be a somewhat dark dystopian view of the future with the main darkness caused by the "carriers" (males that can become pregnant) being treated like women were treated in the last mid century and probably even today. Your basic alpha (Neanderthal) male controlling everything the female does and being physically abusive. Being a white male in the ...more
Baby
Jan 24, 2016 Baby rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Readers interested in quality BDSM story writing, who don't mind excessive misery of the characters.
Dear FRiend,

I never realized how miserable I could get reading about misery.

This book is well written, engaging and interesting, but at 40% through it still reads as a catalogue of abuse towards the main characters--with no end in sight.

I was holding out to see if there may be a fulfilling romance developing but I finally decided that life is just too short for me to read books I feel like I'm having to "endure."

I may go back one day, because the story idea is fantastic and the writing seems lik
Bree Cheese
DNF at 23% - The concept is excellent, but story was all over the place. I try to give a lot of leeway to free-online stories, but I just couldn't push through this one.
Meikie
Feb 18, 2013 Meikie rated it it was amazing
Disturbing, but amazing
Laura S.
This was a tough one. I must admit that the blurb convinced me, and the blurb didn't disappoint at all.

To get things clear right from the start, I am not one to read too much m-preg. Therefore the one lacking star for a perfect score may be justified by this. For fans of the kink, this may be the perfect read.

I was definitely curious to see how the society announced in the blurb was going to be portrayed. I wasn't disappointed at all. It's not only the weather that is grey, everything seem grey
Lindsay
So I have this problem with white cheddar Cheez-its. I take a handful and munch on them, and then I take another handful, and even though I know they're garbage, before I know it, I've eaten the entire box. I'm pretty sure they're made with crack. This is the same way I feel about this book.

Men in November's woman-deprived dystopic world are so desperate to find "carriers," hermaphroditic men who are able to bear children, that they will literally kill to marry one. Being married grants a man be
Lizzie
Mar 03, 2016 Lizzie rated it really liked it
I really hate that I liked this. It's not my usual fare, but the story was just so...captivating I couldn't help myself. It's like rubbernecking when you pass a bad car accident. You know you shouldn't, but you do anyway. I disagree with the author about it being a romance. Well, almost entirely because the only true love, comes from the story's most unexpected and unconventional couple.

The (Men) with the exception of Michael, were un-redeemable in my opinion and though the author tried, and I
Aera
Mar 12, 2014 Aera rated it did not like it
Okay I read this all the way through. I did not really like any of the characters and there are a boat load of them. This story was like all kinds of wrong. It seriously made me sick, on a different level that I am not sure why I kept reading it even. Even though you know nothing will get better, your hoping it will, and even though it seems to get better, you are left wondering why the hell did they accept that. All these people are caught up in abusive relationships, even the guy who seems ...more
Mickelange
Jun 24, 2014 Mickelange rated it did not like it
one of the worst book I have read.
(view spoiler)
Donene Hayley
Jul 12, 2015 Donene Hayley rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-dwnld
What a scary idea. Your whole world turned upside down with physical changes is hard enough to deal with and then you have to deal loss of status, dreams and choices.. The term of your new being, Carrier, says it all - you are now a thing instead of a person... ~shudder~

Be sure to read the various stories after November for a deeper look into this world. All with the underlying theme of loss of freedoms and rights.
Mandy
Jan 24, 2015 Mandy marked it as dnf
Shelves: non-con-dub-con
Just not for me. Nothing wrong with the story it just really shitted me off. I can handle non con but when its government sanctioned it just makes me mad. Not fair for me to rate it, just not my cup of tea.
Crude
Mar 27, 2016 Crude rated it liked it
liked the concept and the multi-personas technique. it was captivating at times then not so captivating at others...all in all a 3.5 stars read. I really applaud the writer for his/her dedication....what ever happened to Sai tho?
Lily
Interesting post-apocalyptic story however the many abuse and non-con/rape scenes took away from my overall enjoyment of the book. I've got August, another book in this world on my TBR but it'll be a while before I read that one.
Avivs
Sep 06, 2014 Avivs rated it liked it
The writing was nice, but the story felt pointless and silly.
The characters were either evil or weak. I didn't connect with anyone there.

The way the world works just didn't make much sense.

Pao
Mar 27, 2016 Pao rated it really liked it
So bizarre and so good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Tentacles for the Brides Bouquet
  • Out of the Woods (Tarin's World, #1)
  • 跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss my Boots] (星の館 [Hoshi no Yakata], #1)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Pathfinder
  • Exit Strategy (Exit, #1)
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Dead to the World (Water Lovers of Sirilon #3)
  • Schadenfreude
  • Waiting in the Throes
  • Father Figure
  • The Archers of Kynthos
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Retribution
  • The Copper Horse: Fear (Zombie Gentlemen) (The Copper Horse #1)
  • The Suicide King  Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #4)
  • Kraken
  • The Last Rebellion
  • Soulless
I was born. I grew up. Now I write dystopian genderqueer breeding erotica.

You can find my work on Amazon.
More about Kabi...

November (8 books)
  • Cadet Murphy (November, #2)
  • Mel & Hoss (November, #3)
  • August (November, #4)
  • Ghali's Story (November, #5)
  • Chase Duvenant (November, #6)
  • Ivan Kosin (November, #7)
  • Blake (November, #8)