Start by marking “Dragon Horse” as Want to Read:
Dragon Horse

Dragon Horse

Set in ancient China, two brothers fight the classic battle between good and evil as the Shadow-without-name attempts to break free from an eternal imprisonment by utilizing the strength and power of the famed dragon horses.

Rokshan and An-Lushan are drawn into this centuries-old struggle, along with a young girl destined to become the Spellweaver of her nomadic tribe. And
Published March 5th 2009 by Corgi Childrens (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Horse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Horse

Nettle
Apr 27, 2015 Nettle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
I like to think I'm learning something in my historical fantasy. In Temeraire and Aubrey Maturin I'm learning all about the Napoleonic Wars, in Merchants and Heroes I learnt a lot about gayness and a little about Philip V of Macedon, in How to Train Your Dragon I learnt something about Scotland and the Outer Hebrides, in this book, despite the huge list of references at the back, I have learnt absolutely nothing.

Ok, the book starts off with an acrobat, he's from a nomadic circus troop, leaving f
Stevie
Mar 08, 2015 Stevie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Sorry to say it, but this book didn't capture me at all. I didn't like the writing style and started being aggitated over it and didn't oay much attention to the story. A lit of "then happened this", "and then he did that" and sentences that could've easily be three seperate ones just don't sit well with me. Since it was the author's first book, I will try to give him another chance though.
Heather
Jul 03, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
"Dragon horse" is a wonderful mix of fantasy, adventure, suspense and Chinese mythology, and it is such a great novel! A little slow at the start as characters and settings are established, but after that it is a real page-turner which totally captivates the reader. Conflicts abound between good and evil, father and sons, gods and mortals, brother and brother as an ancient evil struggles to escape his eternal imprisonment. Rokshan is a terrific young hero who must follow his destiny and meet Sta ...more
Jeremy
May 13, 2011 Jeremy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good first novel. Maybe a little over thought. I guess a good indication of how complicated it is going to be is the need to include a map and a list of characters at the outset. I found myself constantly referring to the map which broke the rhythm of the story a bit - and the map was only partially completed so I spent ages looking for places that were not even identified. Irritating.

The story is about a breed of Chinese horses which are "descended" from dragons and which will revert t
Alex Ronk
Para empezar el título original no tiene nada que ver con él que está en español... ya desde ahí no es una buena señal D:

No lo califico como mala o muy buena lectura, es entretenido en pocas partes, confuso en algunas otras y sin duda me quedo a deber. Ya sé que no debo tener expectativas buenas o malas en los libros, pero desde que lo compré me imagine que la historia sería maravillosa, todo pintaba para ser así y no lo fue ni por asomo. Como digo tampoco es que sea realmente malo, pero pasa d
Matthew Kemp
why i decided to read this book: i read this book because my grandma got it for me for my birthday and i felt that i had to read it.
this book fits the male main character category.
my favorite quote from this book is:
the horse of heaven has come
open the far gates.
raise up my body, o beloved,
i go to the mountain of k'unlun.
the horse of heave has come,
mediator for the dragon.
he travels to the gate of heaven
and looks on the terrace of jade
something new i learned from this book: i learnt that 'li'
Jesus Flores
Nov 12, 2014 Jesus Flores rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, china
the 2 sons of a merchan end up mixed with a batle of a banished god to turn back horses into dragons and conque the world, while a the same time the people guarding the horses are in fight with the chinese King, and also some trouble with some forest people, and also some secret rabbit clan. May sound complicated but its really quite easy to follow the two path moving toward the story climax.
It the usual her journey story, the chosen one who will rule the horse clan when he has never even seen a
Andres Aguirre
Apr 17, 2015 Andres Aguirre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i think it has a good story mostly because I love dragons.
Ravenstarfire
sorry, It just wasn't my cup of tea...
Flabnbone
The story itself was alright and the characters were plentiful but there was just this something that didn't capture my sense of excitement.
The adventures that the two brothers went on was well described but I felt like it went on for too long and the story seemed to lose itself somewhere in the middle.
But all in all, the ending was fairly well done and left the audience feeling satisfied.
Claudis Gedankenwelt
Aug 29, 2012 Claudis Gedankenwelt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abgebrochen
Nachdem ich so verwirrt war weil alle irgendwie den gleichen Namen hatten und ich nach 100 Seiten noch nicht wusste worum es überhaupt geht habe ich abgebrochen und werde es auch nicht mehr weiterlesen. Und das passiert mir sehr selten.
Amy Denim
This is the first book I've read set in Ancient China. I'd like to see a sequel, there are so many unanswered questions.
Janni
Jun 09, 2013 Janni rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Overly complicated yet predictable. Not a good combination. Rather boring.
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Joanne Branine
Joanne Branine marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Shopaholic
Shopaholic marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Kati
Kati rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Seb
Seb added it
Jul 29, 2016
Kerri Stratford
Kerri Stratford rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Stephanie Duffrin
Stephanie Duffrin marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Janzilyn
Janzilyn marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Vex
Vex rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Roman
Roman rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2016
Evolots
Evolots marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Helen
Helen rated it it was ok
Feb 28, 2016
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Nashville oder Das Wolfsspiel
  • Dunkelsprung
  • Für Eile fehlt mir die Zeit
  • Mirrorscape
  • Feenlicht (Sturmjäger von Aradon, #1)
  • David und Juna (Das verbotene Eden, #1)
  • Layers
  • Totenbraut
  • Жнецы ветра (Ветер и искры, #3)
  • Herrin der Lüge
  • Secrets of the Geisha
  • Stirb leise, mein Engel
  • Die Schmetterlingsinsel
  • Himbeermond (Colors of Life #1)
  • Zerschunden
  • Ewiglich unvergessen (BookLessSaga #3)
  • Himmelstiefe (Zauber der Elemente #1)
  • Teufelsherz (Teufel, #1)