Slip & Fall

Slip & Fall

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  26 reviews
"A gripping thriller....Santora's characters will ensnare readers."--Vince Flynn
Faced with a struggling practice, a pregnant wife, and a sister in trouble, Robert Principe realizes the white-collar world isn't as easy as he thought. He needs money. Fast.
Desperate, he approaches his wiseguy cousin Jackie with an insurance scheme--a way for the Mob to collect from guys who...more
Published June 28th 2007 by State Street Press (first published June 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Slip & Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slip & Fall

Josh
Grittier than Grisham – Robert Principe is a struggling lawyer failing to make ends meet either at home or at his private firm of which he’s the sole lawyer. Jackie, his mobbed up cousin is able to provide a way out, question is – does ethics trump family? Answer – no. Principe is thrown into a world he tried so hard to stay out of involving unethical practice, beat downs and mob deals and the severing of family ties. I enjoyed ‘Slip & Fall’, the writing was precise and I couldn’t help but f...more
Matt
I have never heard of this author before but bought it immediately when I read that he was not only the executive producer of "Prison Break" but had also written for "The Sopranos" and "Law & Order." It is his first book and it was an extremely quick read. I hope he writes another fiction piece soon. The book revolves around Robert Principe, the pride of his Italian family, who started his own law practice and is working to promote his family name from the blue collar working class. His conv...more
S.D.
Robert Principe is an attorney in New Jersey. All of his life he has had an uphill battle fighting the belief that anyone with a vowel at the end of his name must be in the mafia. His cousin, Jackie, enjoys living up to the rumor as the enforcer for Big Louie, affectionately known as BLT. Robert is the first in his family to make it “big” and tries hard to fight for the little guy. But cases are few and hard between and with a pregnant wife, bills piling up, and a pregnant sister who has been de...more
Stacy Alesi's BookBitch.com
Robert Principe is the first lawyer in his working class Italian family. He is an idealist, a man of ethics and principles, and is slowly starving to death. He's three months behind on his mortgage, pays his secretary sporadically, and his wife is pregnant. Desperate, he turns to his cousin Jackie, a Brooklyn mobster. Robert proposes an insurance scam, and Jackie is in - and so's his boss; there's nothing the mob likes more than easy money. Robert gets in way over his head and the pages fly by a...more
Sean
Santora is supposedly a talented television writer however in his first attempt as a novelist I feel he fell somewhat short of his mission. Slip & Fall is too incredibly predictable and amateurish to be liked. The ridiculous stereotypes bring the book down another notch. There's a way to do Maffia-related content without a Saturday Night Live level of cultural respectability but isn't here at all. Not what I had hoped for after all the Borders hype. Overall, a very subpar offering.
Evelyn
A young attorney from a working-class background, Robert Principe is having trouble making ends meet. When he offers up a worker's compensation scheme to his wise guy cousin, things get out of control quickly.

A fast-paced, humorous read. Has a few violent episodes, but overall entertains the reader. Santora is the award-winning screenplay writer of the TV shows Prison Break and The Sopranos.
Marcella
This isn't a bad story. I gave it 2 stars because it read more like a movie plot than an actual novel. I can see this book being a better movie than novel. I definitely liked the authors punchy style of writing but the story was told to the reader rather than written as a story being unfolded slowly. (The author is a writer for the TV show Prison Break.)
Corey
I really enjoyed this story. I read it because the author wrote for the the TV series "Prison Break", which I liked. I also got to meet Nick Santora at a book reading at Borders downtown Ann Arbor. He was a very cool and laid-back guy, who was very receptive to people's thoughts on his book as well as the tv series writing.
Marlo
Robert Principe is a Columbia Law School graduate who is struggling to keep his practice. He becomes involved in an insurance scheme with the Mob and quickly finds out that once you're in, it's very hard to get out. Quick read. A little Sopranos, a little Law & Order, a lot of fun.
Alicia
Apr 23, 2008 Alicia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: former John Grisham fans
Recommended to Alicia by: Borders Bookstore
I thought this was a pretty good book. I enjoy "legal thrillers," and this was one of the more interesting ones that I've read lately. I liked the author's style of writing and was able to read it quickly and without any difficulty.
Brian
interesting first book from this author (of Sopranos and Prison Break fame) I felt it read like a Patterson due to the nice, short chapters...but the character and his dilemna really sucked me into the story
Nile
First book I read by this author, the author writes with a lot a detail a little to much at times. The story was very interesting and different from other lawyer books I have read. I love the ending as well
Jeanette
I struggled with this book, because it was both fascinating and overflowing with offensive profanity. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish it for the vulgar language.
Sam
Oct 25, 2007 Sam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is very exciting, its the type of book that you can't put down! There's a lot of action and thrill! Its a GREAT book to read!!!!!!!
Lil
what a disappointment, waited three months for this book from the library and then the disappointment - as bad as reading Victoria Gotti
Lbd
YUCK! I don't like lawyer books and I don't like mobster (mafia) books. this was both. Not impressed with the story.
MK
Aug 21, 2008 MK rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who are fascinated by mafia stories
Shelves: own-it
I enjoyed this book, and how it was written. It flowed very nicely, and the plot came together quite well.
Barbara
I enjoyed this book. I felt the characters desperaTion over their respective predicaments. Recommend.
Sandi
Debut legal thriller penned by a TV writer/producer. Very slick in both the best and worst senses.
Barbara
Interesting but a little simplistic for a thriller. Lots of white space on the pages!
Gary
Wonderful take your mind off troubles read. Wish it were longer.
Jim
Predictable and filled with every mafia cliche.
barry
great book....very enjoyable
Brandi Mckay
Can't seem to finish it...
Stacy
don't get me started.
Lola Wallace
good job, Borders!
Tami Shephard
Tami Shephard marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Brandon Nelson
Brandon Nelson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Shirley Eiswerth
Shirley Eiswerth marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Fifteen Digits Slip and Fall Dark Valentine I Want an Alien for Chrsitmas I Want An Alien For Christmas