Start by marking “Infernal Affairs (OSI #4)” as Want to Read:
Infernal Affairs (OSI #4)

Infernal Affairs (OSI #4)

A dead body on the beach turns out to be a live demon on the run from some of the nastiest bounty hunters in this dimension-or the next. Protecting one demon from another, Tess gets wrapped up in a case that's as dangerous as it is mind-boggling, especially when it begins to involve her own past.
Published May 1st 2011 by Ace Books (first published April 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Infernal Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infernal Affairs

Catherine
This is my first book in this series. I’ve learned to shy away from starting an Urban Fantasy in the middle of the series, but the first book in this series has been on my Wishlist for a while so I couldn’t resist giving this one a try. Unsurprisingly I found myself a little confused in the first couple of chapters. Tess has a lot of people in her group of friends, so I kept confusing the names. I also found myself bewildered by the character relationships. There were a lot of people living toge ...more
Dangerous Romance Book Reviews
I’m not usually a big fan of the Police Procedural, in Thrillers or in Urban Fantasy, which is why this review should be high praise. One of the reasons I read fantasy is, I know the odds of a Werewolf jumping out at me in the parking garage or a Vampire grabbing me for a snack are slim. I won’t read books about serial killers or rapists because it is too real, and I don’t find anything like that entertaining. In fact, I don’t understand people who do.

By the very nature of the job, the character
Anika
Jun 12, 2011 Anika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice Liu
(3.5 stars) There didn't seem to be as much of a plot in this book. It starts off strong, but then meanders through all sorts of intense issues. It eventually comes full circle, but without a climax to the initial demon conflict. There is almost too much going on as the author is building towards the next book, making this almost a filler book. Like book 3 in the series, the "bad guy" is dispatched almost too conveniently at the end. The reveal about Tess's father at the end is through expositio ...more
Kaje Harper
Sep 12, 2011 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars. I have enjoyed all the books in this series (and again, they should be read in order.) This one was really good, up until the end and then it seemed to cut off short. I'm sure the next book will continue the saga, but in previous installments each book had a relatively complete story arc. This one felt incomplete. I also think Tess was a little dismissive of Derrick's fears and issues (okay, siding with the gay character here...) But seriously, what he described wasn't something you w ...more
Mara
Jun 27, 2012 Mara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
3.5 stars.

I have enjoyed all the books in this series, and even if I started in the middle (3rd) I would suggest they should be read in order. :)

This one was good as the other 3, at least up until the end when it seemed to cut off short. Or rather the end is anti-climatic and open (compared to previous book).

There's the usual fight with the teenagers son and daughter (which I admit is both good and bad. Good because it's so bloody realistic, bad because at times I found it annoying.)

On the over
wafiyah
Okay, well, this book kind of reminds me of Rachel Caine's Outcast Season series. It's fine and everything, the plot's nice and easy to understand in some way or the other, and there's a good combination of humour and paranormal stuff mixed together to create a big batch of Comfy Cozy Tucked-In-Your-Blanket reading. I liked the way the conversation flowed, but then the bad thing was that the writer just didn't seem to get anywhere, and that... what was her name... oh, right, Tess, was way too bu ...more
Dr susan
Feb 11, 2014 Dr susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read, read-again
I read this series before joining Goodreads, and I really miss it, so I thought I would read Infernal Affairs and Bleeding Out again.

I should have started at book #1. I had forgotten how incredibly fascinating and snarky the OSI novels are. Battis created an urban fantasy with an extremely human not-quite-human heroine. Tess's extended family takes different to a whole new level, but the family problems are all too familiar. These bad guys would give anyone nightmares.
Christine Hayes
Apr 07, 2015 Christine Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept feeling like I was missing something, through the entire book. Am glad I finished, was a good continuation of the series. A must read.
Holly
Jun 03, 2011 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I knew when the next book was coming out because the end of this one wasnt even close to an end! Obviously Im hooked though because I read it in a day and am eagerly awaiting the next one.
Ariel
I enjoyed this book with all of its worldbuilding and advancing on the general plot, but it doesn't really feel like a novel so much as some stuff that goes into one or a series of them.
Lisa Janes
Lisa Janes rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2011
Rosalyn
Rosalyn rated it really liked it
May 23, 2013
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Michael Sharpe
Michael Sharpe rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Giorgos
Giorgos rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2011
Edwina Spencer
Edwina Spencer rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Olga Abramovich
Olga Abramovich rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
Dsloss
Dsloss rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2011
Lara
Lara rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2011
Suzanne Hoenig
Suzanne Hoenig rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2015
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Angie Mckee
Angie Mckee rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Rstocks
Rstocks rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2014
Aileen
Aileen rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2011
JG
JG rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
  • Dead on Delivery (Messenger, #2)
  • Pack of Lies (Paranormal Scene Investigations #2)
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
  • Don't Bite the Messenger
  • Face Off (Laura Blackstone, #2)
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Dying Echo (Grim Reaper Mystery, #4)
  • Lies & Omens (Shadows Inquiries, #4)
  • Night Mares in the Hamptons (Willow Tate, #2)
  • Midnight (Dark Age Dawning, #2)
  • Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #3)
  • Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Unbroken (Outcast Season, #4)
  • Chosen by Blood (Para-Ops, #1)
  • Dead Waters (Simon Canderous, #4)
  • Honeyed Words (Sarah Beauhall #2)
Jes Battis was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, in 1979. In addition to writing fiction, he has also published academic books and a variety of scholarly articles in the areas of fantasy, television, and queer studies.

He earned his PhD in English from Simon Fraser University in the Summer of 2007. He teaches in the Department of English at the University of Regina.

He also writes as Bailey Cunn
More about Jes Battis...

OSI (5 books)
  • Night Child (OSI, #1)
  • A Flash of Hex (OSI, #2)
  • Inhuman Resources (OSI, #3)
  • Bleeding Out (OSI, #5)