Start by marking “Craving Perfect” as Want to Read:
Craving Perfect

Craving Perfect

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  61 reviews

A Life Less...Hers

Grace Mills craves being perfect almost as much as she craves raspberry scones. In fact, her life would be perfect if only she could lose ten more pounds, if only the pastry café she co-owns with her sister would turn a profit, if only the hottest guy at the gym would look her way...

And then "if only" comes true. Grace is suddenly straddling two lives

Published July 25th 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Craving Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Craving Perfect

Sweet as Sin by Inez KelleyStone Kissed by Keri StevensThe Mysterious Lady Law by Robert AppletonLying Eyes by Amy AtwellHunting Human by Amanda E. Alvarez
Carina Press Books
59th out of 105 books — 104 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia HandSilence by Becca FitzpatrickCrossed by Ally Condie
Published in 2011
119th out of 228 books — 137 voters

More lists with this book...

Bonnie
I was totally in the mood for something different and since I rarely read chick-lit I opted to give this one a shot. Reading the summary it sounded like your typical chick-lit but with enough originality to make it interesting plus there’s even…

Magic Treadmills!

I won’t expand upon that… I’ll let you all read about that interesting funny tid-bit. :)

Craving Perfect tells the story of Grace Mills, a baker in a pastry café that she co-owns with her sister Kathleen. Grace and Kathleen are quite c
Tara Chevrestt
This is a very good story with an excellent moral: Be careful what you wish for.. it may not be what it's cracked up to be.

Grace is a bit chunky, doesn't know how to do her makeup, doesn't date, tends be clumsy, and has a huge mega crush on this hot guy at the gym. An obsessive mega crush. Not a day goes by that Grace doesn't ogle him and wish she could attract his eye... She wishes she looked like one of those perfect chicks cause then he would notice her, right?

While she's pining away for this
Shirley Wells
Craving Perfect is a terrific read and Liz Fichera does an incredible job of making you laugh before feeling a huge lump in your throat as you root for the heroine, Grace Mills. Grace is the girl every female wants for a best friend. She’s kind, funny and sentimental, she’s a tad overweight and she loves raspberry scones. As you read her story, you long to walk into the pastry café she co-owns with her sister. Believe me, you can almost smell the pastry.

She’s determined to lose those ten extra
Dorthyn
An inspiring tale of finding yourself, living life and letting go.
Liz Fichera sure knows how to draw you in and keep you glued to the page. Especially in Craving Perfect, her new release due out July 25th, 2011.
The heroine of this enchanting adventure, Grace Mills, is disillusioned about her life and wants “the perfect life”. For her this is weighing 10 pounds less, having more success and being noticed by the buff hunk at her gym. Suddenly Grace finds herself in an alternate reality where she
Pauline Barclay
Craving Perfection is a great read and perfect for sitting on the beach, in the garden or curled up in a chair. If you have seen the film, Sliding Doors, you will love this book. Plenty to smile and laugh at. Enjoy...I did!
Susi
Review originally posted at Book Lovers Inc.

I decided to give this one a chance thinking it would be funny contemporary romance à la Bridget Jones and I really needed something funny. And let me be honest I just adore the cover. It's pretty and I can be shallow that way. So perhaps I deserved that book because I was being shallow- that definitely hit a nerve with this story.

In Craving Perfect we meet Grace, an overweight single woman owning a café with her sister. She loves her sweets and just
Nas Dean
CRAVING PERFECT by author Liz Fichera is a fantastic escape!

I was completely blown away by Grace Mill's run on the treadmill and she went to the gym just to ogle Max's hot body! Well a girl has to have an inspiration to lose weight.

Imagine a girl rewarding herself strawberry scones after a vigorous workout. But she was craving the perfect body and the perfect man.

And when she got her perfect body she found out that she could never eat enough. Her favourite occupation of baking was not of use to
Talei Loto
Grace Mills is just like the rest of us, her family life has its own dramas, she's seeking love for herself, and she wants that hot guy at the gym where she works out religiously. The only thing is, when the opportunity arises for her to have exactly what she wishes for, well, she finds herself in a dilemma. Grace's tale is a great reminder that sometimes, beautiful lives don't bring you happiness, and that the Adonis you seek, is standing right in front of you. Oh, and if you don't know what so ...more
Talli Roland
'Craving Perfect' by Liz Fichera is a wonderful novel that takes you on a magical treadmill ride. Downtrodden Grace isn't happy with her lacklustre life and yearns to be someone people pay attention to. And then -- after a spectacular treadmill fall -- she suddenly is. But is perfect really all she hoped for?

With likeable characters, a yummy hero and a cracking storyline that keeps you turning the pages for me, 'Craving Perfect' has the perfect ingredients for a delicious summer read.
Beverly J.
Really cute book. When the alternate life of Grace first occured I was ready to put the book down. It wasn't explained, it was annoying and lame. I liked the way it jumped back and forth between the two main characters and that kept me coming back. Once the "other life" was explained, I sighed with relief, and I was totally into it then. Very close to being a 5 star book.
Lisa
Jul 07, 2011 Lisa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I received a eARC of this book from netgalley for my honest opinion and review.

I want to start by saying this is the first book I've ever read by Liz Fichera. I requested this from Netgalley based on the recommendation of a friend. She seemed to like it so i decided i needed to give it a try. Craving perfect is referred to as chick lit/contemporary romance on the Carina Press website. Let's start with a blurb to introduce you to the book
Craving Perfect by Liz Fichera

July 25, 2011
Pre-order now
A
Michael Di Gesu
Have you ever wondered or dreamed what it would be like to be the “It” girl or guy? You know the type: perfect face, perfect body, perfect job, and perfect significant other. Well, Grace Mills certainly had.

Thumping away for endless hours on a treadmill at the local gym, average twenty-something Grace Mills whiled away the time dreaming of raspberry scones and the gym hunk Max Kramer, longing for him to notice her.

Well, he finally does notice her as she crashed to the floor, falling off the sta
Michelle
Posted on Book Chelle.

Liz Fechara's Craving Perfect is a sweet contemporary romance that brings a common concern, and delivers the message with a twist. Almost everyone wants their life to be perfect. If not normal in society's standards, normal for themselves. I know I strive for some sort of perfection when it comes to my lifestyle, my appearance, and even my personality. Whether or not I achieve that perfection, well that's another thing to be said.

Grace Mills is an overweight, single woman w
J.L. Campbell
Grace Mills co-owns a café with her sister and is great at making pastry. She likes her life and business, but she wants other things - the perfect figure, a life in which she’s somebody important and the guy from the gym with the hot body. She’s in lust with him and would give anything for him to notice her.

Somehow, the unthinkable happens and Grace’s life turns perfect. She hovers in between her present life and the one she craves. In her perfect life, she’s a celebrity, has a perfect figure
Leah
Craving Perfect is Liz Fichera’s debut novel. It only came to my attention when I spotted in on NetGalley a little while ago. The cover caught my eye, so I took a look at the information about the novel and thought it sounded right up my street. I love novels with a bit of magic to them, something that sets the book apart. Craving Perfect reminded me a touch of Freaky Friday – the movie starring Lindsay Lohan before she became a hot mess – but with a bit of a twist as the book isn’t necessarily ...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
"Did you see that chubby chick crash to the floor this morning?"

KILL. ME. NOW. Seriously, that's all I have to say, just kill me now! That is exactly how Grace feels after she face plants at the gym while running on the treadmill...in front of her cutie crush, Max.

Don't lie. I know you have thought it before...we have all thought it... If only I was 10 pounds lighter, a little taller, had a smaller nose, bigger boobs... You know what they say about the green grass on the other side? It just migh
Kaitlin
Check out more reviews at Books to the Sky.

(I received this book in exchange for an honest review.)

I really enjoyed this book. The story was different then your typical contemporary romance. There was a bit of otherworldly vibe to it.

Grace is struggling to lose weight and score the perfect man. One day she wakes up in another life as Callie. Callie is skinny, gorgeous and has an excellent career. But she's also engaged to the gym hunk that Grace has been ogling since she started going to the gym
Anastasia
Pastry maker Grace Mills wishes for the perfect life; the kind where she's ten (or twenty) pounds lighter, oozes self-confidence and is noticed by the hot guy at her gym. One day, while on the treadmill burning off the previous day's raspberry scone and imagining life as a size two, Grace falls off the treadmill and her reality comes crashing down—literally. When she regains consciousness, she's thin, blonde and dating Mr. Gym Hottie!

Although Grace still possesses her humble and clumsy nature, s
Grace could have the perfect life...if only she could lose ten pounds, make her business a success, and get Max, the hot guy at the gym, to notice she's alive. After a fall on the treadmill, Grace wakes up in someone else's life - Callie, a tall gorgeous anchorwoman who just happens to be engaged to Max. How did she get there, and does she even want to go back?

Home has a lot of problems, but suddenly, it also has Carlos, the gym's gorgeous janitor, who thinks Grace is perfect just the way she
Alaiel Kreuz
Review By Alaiel Kreuz:

I'm a sucker for love stories, that's the true and Craving Perfect was a wonderful book for me. I had TONS of fun, and I mean, really, tons and tons of fun.
The main character, Grace, was a really sweet and annoying girl that made me laugh and hit my pillow a few times.
You see, Grace loves to bake pastries and cones, she simple loves to do that. And of course she loves to eat them as well, but most of them she keep them to sell them at their Café she and her sister own. Bu
Books to the Sky
Check out more reviews at Books to the Sky.

(We received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.)

Christi Snow
My Review:
This was a fun little story with an interesting twist. Grace is dissatisfied with her life, but through the twist of a magical treadmill, gets to see that life isn't always better even when it looks perfect.

The way that this book is written is pretty original. Each chapter is written from a different point-of-view switching between Grace, Carlos, and Callie (who Grace becomes when she gets on the treadmill.)

What was interesting to me was the Callie/Grace story line. When she gets on th
Fani
I read this in one day, and thoroughly enjoyed it! When I read the premise, it kind of reminded me of the movie 'Sliding Doors' with Gwyneth Paltrow but also of the book Be Careful What You Wish For -which I both like- and I knew I had to read it. We see the heroine in her two lives, the one she's actually living and the one she -and many women out there- crave for. But is what we crave for actually as perfect as we think it is?

Grace is overweight (not a lot it seems but she seems to find hersel
Anita
GENRE: Adult – Romance
FORM: eBook – NetGalley

While I was granted permission to read this book by a Net Galley affiliate publisher, Harlequin, I have received no compensation for this review other than the joy of reading!

SYNOPSIS: Grace doesn’t lead a perfect life, she’s a little bit over-weight, she lacks the self control to avoid her famous Raspberry Scones, and lives with her sister at their café; The Desert Java. While she isn’t unhappy with her life, she does sometimes wonder what it would
Susan Swiderski
I read this book when it first came out... and I even rated it shortly thereafter. But I forgot to write a review. (Shame on me!) So... I read the book again, and popped out a review:

How many young women pine for perfection? The perfect complexion, the perfectly pert little nose and bodacious tatas, long slim legs, a tiny waist, and sexy little adorable feet? Given the opportunity to transform into that kind of perfection with a dream job, lots of money, and a hunky fiance to go along with it, d
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/07/22/...

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: July 25th
How I got this book: NetGalley

I loved Fichera’s first Carina Press historical, Captive Spirit, and when I found out she was writing a contemporary… I was psyched!

Grace Mills is frustrated with herself. Her body isn’t perfect, the man she is in love with hasn’t noticed her, and her wonderful sister is starting to pull away. When a fluke run on the new treadmill at the gym sends her
Katie(babs)
Grace Miles has been getting up very early to work out at the gym for two reasons. First she wants to lose ten pounds, and second she has it bad for Mr. Gorgeous, Max Kramer, who she can’t stop staring at as she exercises. And because of this she ends up falling off the stair climber and bumps her head, ending up unconscious. Grace is beyond mortified, but it got Max to notice her. But because she’s so tongue tied around him and he’s beyond gorgeous, he goes back to working out without a single ...more
Kelly
Full disclosure: I received this book as a free galley through netgalley. I was not compensated for this review, beyond the pleasure of reading the book!

Grace Mills is a baker, sister, and wanna-be girlfriend of Max Kramer, who always seems to want to lose 10 pounts (although you never do quite figure out why, other than her being a normal woman). Her motivations for exercise lie in ogling the above-mentioned Max, and the promise of raspberry scones at the end of each workout where she sees him.
Linda Baker
Thanks to the folks at netgalley.com and Carina Press for an advance look at Craving Perfect by Liz Fichera.

I don't read much in the way of Chick-Lit, but I found Craving Perfect to be a fun summer read with a very lightly expressed moral about learning to be happy with what you have and what you are. Grace Miller is a slightly overweight 20-something, who fantasizes about being the perfect 10, and the perfect 10 Max who works out at the gym at the same time she does. By virtue of an enchanted t
Renee Alarid
Grace Mills is an average gal looking to loose an extra ten pounds so the gym hunk will ask her out...not only does she fantasies about him, she idolizes him. Who she is...is not who he finds "attractive". In reality, she is a baker and co-owner of a cafe with her sister. Not only that, she has just started seeing a great guy who sees her as who she is, not who she wants to be. What she wants is what she can't have...or can she? You need to watch out for what you wish for. At one moment she is G ...more
  • Captive Bride
  • Tessa's Pride
  • Negligee Behavior
  • Father's Keeper
  • Fiendish-A Twisted Fairytale
  • Romancing Olive
  • All Tied Up (Pleasure Inn, #1)
  • Lucky Girl
  • Learning Curves
  • Keep No Secrets
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
  • Crooked Hearts
  • A Child's Wound
  • Wild Child
  • Provoke Me (Unveiled, #2)
  • Tuesday Tells it Slant
  • The Hidden Will of the Dragon (Countess Elizabeth Bathory #2)
Liz is an author living in the American Southwest by way of Chicago.
More about Liz Fichera...
Hooked (Hooked, #1) Played (Hooked, #2) You Are Here Captive Spirit