Start by marking “They Walk (They Walk, #1)” as Want to Read:
They Walk (They Walk, #1)

They Walk (They Walk Trilogy #1)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  11 reviews
My name is Maggie Cooper and I’m not your average seventeen year old. I just happen to be the only one my age that can expertly wield an ax like my life depends on it. Basically it kind of does, depend on my life expectancy, but that’s just because of all the dead that try to eat my face off.

So here is my story.

Remember to keep in mind that it’s not for the faint of heart.
Kindle Edition, Kindle Edition, 398 pages
Published January 16th 2012

To ask other readers questions about They Walk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Walk

Glenda Garrison Eimantas
If I could give this zero stars, I would. The grammar and spelling errors in the first three chapter were so terrible, I quit. Get an editor or at least proof read the damn thing before publishing!
Caro
You wouldn't believe how many typos, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and missing words you could fill on one page unless you read this book.
There were so many in this book it was hard to read. I'm not even a native speaker and I'm sure I make a lot of mistakes... but this was just too much.

Now to the story. As you can grasp from the novel's title, this is a zombie story. Maggie and her friends are on a party when the zombie apocalypse starts. They manage to escape their buddies-turned-ang
Faye
A short sharp PA book thats a little gem , reminds me of the early teenage slasher films but in no way derogatory to say that. Gets right into the action early on, grabs you by the throat and shakes you . Looking forward to reading "They Stumble " next !
S Berry
I really enjoyed this book. I gave it 3 stars because of the poor editing. I could ignore it enough to enjoy the story but there were so many errors that I would think that having anyone proof read it even once before publishing could have made a big difference.

That being said, The story is more of a 3.5 to 4 star for me. I enjoy zombie novels when they are not specifically horror stories, but more character based, and this one is.

The characters in this book are varied in their reactions when c
Julie
This novel was long and labourus but enjoyable. The characters were courageous and likeable, they made you feel as though you were part of the group.

The plot was really great, it allowed the reader to be captivated by this zombie world. I especially liked how it was a man made problem which started everything.

A great book, easy to read but seems to drag on a bit towards the end. lookibg forward to the next one
Amy Nier
OMG, I loved this story! The action starts right away, the characters are all insanely awesome, and the attraction between Maggie and Gabe is the best! I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of horror, but the zombie descriptions pulled at me in a terrifying way. Maggie is one kick-butt chick, I wish I was as brave as she is.
Amy Neilson
There were a lot of mistakes, mostly spelling but I could not put it down. I hope there will be a second book because I really want to know what happens after they left the free zone, and if they make it back home and what they find, and definitely want, okay need more Gave and Maggie!
Kim
I like d the story but the lack if proof reading was disappointing. However I was able to over look this and read as it should have been written.

I found some sentences seemed to get repeated after each other, but I did enjoy the read hence the four stars!!
Shirley
I really enjoyed this book! I love zombie books and this one was done well. Sure there were some typos but that didn't take away from the story for me. Can't wait for book 2!
Allie Rashkow
The ending left something to be desired. The story itself sort of dragged on as well. But all in all it was enjoyable. The conclusion might lead way to a sequal. I hope so.
Sara Monitor
I think I would have liked this book a lot more if it hadn't had so many grammar and spelling mistakes. It kind of distracted me from the story.
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Robin Lujan
Robin Lujan marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Steve Pierce
Steve Pierce marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Hipnoticraqs
Hipnoticraqs marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sequel? 1 3 May 22, 2013 11:12PM
  • The Plan (Roads Less Traveled, #1)
  • The Becoming: Brothers in Arms (The Becoming #1.5)
  • Dead Again
  • New Zed Order: Survive
  • Bound (The Nevermore Trilogy, #2)
  • America the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #3)
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • Trudge (Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse, #1)
  • Zombiestan
  • In the Dead: Volume 1
  • The Fall (The Rift #1)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • Sunrise
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Falling Slowly
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • Mutated  (Dead World, #4)
  • Contagious (The Contagium #1)
The Misadventures of Daria Pigwidgeon (Daria Pigwidgeon, #1) Persona (Persona, #1) They Stumble (They Walk, #2) Unbroken (Staying Alive #2) A Thorn of Death

“Next time, don’t lose the only weapon you have between you and death.”
He says as he tucks the knife into the side of his belt.
“You may not always have help, so don’t be stupid.”
3 likes
“…penny for your thoughts?” Gabe says as he sits down beside me on the cot, and joins me in watching the girls play. “Just a penny…is that all? With what’s on my mind, you could make a fortune.” I say as I lay my head on his shoulder. “Well I somehow lost my wallet, but we could use kisses as a substitute. What do you think?” 1 likes