Start by marking “Rock Star” as Want to Read:

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  3,329 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Music was their business - pleasure was their game.

Rock Star
blows the lid off the hard-driving lifestyles of today's music superstars.

Kris Phoenix - The legendary and wildly sexy guitar hero,

Bobby Mondella - Black soul superstar with a past,

Rafealla - An exotically beautiful girl who comes between them with a vengeance.

Rock Star takes you on a dangerous trip through the j
Published 1988 by Pan Books

To ask other readers questions about Rock Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Star

Biswaranjan
This is not the type of book I usually read, but it was my early days into reading and my librarian ma'am at my college suggested me that i should read it. At that point of time i was bit curious having gotten a suggestion from a person who happens to be a librarian. But then after having read it i realized it was quite the opposite of what i was expecting. I found a several parts of the book, including the ending, to be a predictable and lame. Not what the synopsis was suggesting but it does co ...more
Sati Marie Frost
I read this entire book in one afternoon. 450-some pages of glorious tackiness. It was a good way to spend a day off. :)

Rock Star chronicles the rise to fame of three singers: Bobby Mondella, a smooth soul singer who's trying to make a comeback after being blinded in an accident; Rafealla, an overnight sensation with a sultry lounge-singer's voice; and Kris Phoenix, rock idol second only to Springsteen.

The book is set in the afternoon and evening of a big party where the three protagonists are p
Samantha
I read this when it first come out. I found a copy recently and decided to re-read. I hope it is as good as I remember...

All done and I glad I read it again. It is strange the things I remember and don't remember from reading it the first time, but then again that was over 20 years ago. A great potboiler/beach read.
Book Addict Shaun
I was unsure about this one as the blurb on the back didn't really excite me. I needn't have bothered worrying however as after a few chapters I was hooked. Another fantastic read featuring another outrageous cast of characters. I did feel the story was a bit short despite the book being just under 500 pages long. It was written in the style that I like however. Alternating chapters and the obligatory Jackie Epilogue at the end telling us what happened to each of the characters. I felt Rafaella' ...more
Nazia
Love! Love! Love! It's an amazing story of three superstars from three different backgrounds and their rise to fame - the ups and downs they went through and the troubles that came as a cost to their fame. The accurate depiction of the lifestyle of the Superstars of the 80's was also very thrilling. Jackie Collins has a knack of attracting the readers and trap them between the pages of her book. I just could not let the book down until I could grasp every minute details of Rafealla, Bobby Mondel ...more
Anne Marie
This was a good, typical, Jackie Collins book. I liked how the book kept going back and forth from the present to the past, ending up with the three main rock star characters coming together in the end. No surprises...the lives of one English rock star, a soul-jazz singer, and a female singer were intertwined. The stories kept me interested, and at times were exciting.
Heather Nichol
This is not the type of book I usually read, but I found it to be very enjoyable. I love the way the author was able to transition between characters. When the book spoke about the goings-on of one character, the writing took on the tone and attitude of that character.

The story starts with an impending event in 1987 involving 3 of the world's biggest musicians. It then goes back and tells each of their stories, interweaving them. Many authors will try to do this but it doesn't work out. Jackie
Sue Dawson
You know what to expect when you read Jackie Collins, this was true to style, the story built up to a final event which could have been better, but reading about the wild ways of the "rock stars" in the story was revealing in the least!
Britt Griffith
This book was way more enjoyable than I figured it would be. This Jackie Collins novel follows the life of Bobby, Kris, and Rafaella, 3 talented singers, all with secrets and issues with their past. The story goes back and forth between the present (a party thrown by their record company exec) and the past as the singers' careers develop. Collins does a good job of building suspense for readers as we learn why the singers hate the exec so much.

My complaints about the book are that there are too
Kate
Mar 01, 2014 Kate added it
I hate how much I enjoyed this book. Dated, cliched and cheesy, but one helluva fun and easy read. Had a hard time putting this one down! A perfect beach read.
Paul Butler
Taken into an over the top, rich, sassy world. Good build up with detailed description of characters, place settings and the rock lifestyle. Fun and fearless. A good read!!
Ghady Thole
Will alway be my favorite.
Mary
I loved this book because it was just what I was looking for-fast moving and shallow. It tracks a man's life from start to when he performs for a rich person. There is a sub plot about robbery. I thought part of the ending was somewhat disappointing. **spoiler alert** I mean, I was routing for the robbers to get a way with it. Other than that, it was a great summer read.
Tammi Ashbee
Love Jackie Collins book all glamorous and lots of scandal
Tracy
I was given a couple of Jackie collins books this weekend and as its been about Twenty years since I've read anything by this author decided to read them straight away. Rock Star was an enjoyable read that kept my attention although I felt I knew where the story was going from the first chapter. I imagine this book would be a good holiday read, it is a typical trashy romance perfect for reading next to a pool.
Kimmy
Ridiculous, silly, over the top but A fun read x
Stasha
Exactly what I expected once again from Jackie Collins -- scandal, mystery and fun! I won't condone the bad behavoiur of the characters of course...

I like Ms. Collins' writing style. Using flashbacks. I think it gives an understanding of the main characters' pasts and why the turned out the way they did. I was very pleased with the cliffhangers and the eventful turns of events : )
Brandon Van der Windsor
A really fun read. Set in the world of the music biz, Rock Star tells the story of three singers and their connection to a billionaire record exec. It's got some fantastic twists and turns as it jumps from character to character.

It's one of my favorite Jackie Collins books and it's one you'll want to read when you're looking for a great soapy story during TV's summer hiatus.
Glyn Moses
A fun Collins romp set in the world of music. British rocker Kris Phoenix is decadent and sexy and Collins manages to weave three storylines about three dynamic musicians....along, in classic Collins style, with a murder and a lot of sex.
Misti Rainwater-Lites
I'm being honest, fool! I love me some Jackie Collins. This book isn't great literature, obviously. It's junk food for the brain. I couldn't put this book down. I devoured it in a single day (if I remember correctly)...and it's THICK!
Cissy
This book is as good as I remembered it being. I love how she intertwines the lives of these "Stars". It gets a bit racy at times with the language and racy scences but the plot is solid and doesn't dissappoint.
Melisa
I really enjoyed this one! Loved the character names, and "the screwin you get is not worth the screwin you'd get" quote is one that amused me because I know someone who uses a version of that all the time....
April
I read this book in my late teens (maybe early twenties) and remember loving it at the time... Just a cheesy, trashy beach read, and if that's what you are looking for it is just the thing!
Dale
Truly a trifle.

More? Oh, if you insist: Parenthetical Asides
Desiree Manning
Once again, Jackie Collins you have done it again! I have continued, and will continue to recommend you books to anyone and everyone and anyone I know'. <3<3<3
Stacy
It was fun to hear and learn about a world I will never be a part of.....the rich and famous. I like to read a trash novel now and again!
angrykitty
this is probably my second fav collins book after wives. now that american idol is such a big hit, people should go read this book.
Vanya Hetariki
One of my favourite reads,definitely enjoyed this novel,typical poor rebel boy meets rich girl celebrity,happy eva after type novel.
Graceann
A trashy beach read that I freely admit I enjoyed. It has about as much substance as cotton candy, but I loved it.
Sharon
Overall a pretty decent book. Follows the careers of three different rock stars and how their lives weave together.
Jackie Collins Fans: Rock Star 1 1 Nov 15, 2012 12:40AM
  • Spring Collection
  • Rivals (Rutshire Chronicles #2)
  • Love And Desire And Hate
  • The Love Machine
  • Sins
  • You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again
  • The Almighty

There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...
Lucky (Lucky Santangelo, #2) Chances (Lucky Santangelo, #1) Hollywood Wives Poor Little Bitch Girl (Lucky Santangelo, #7) Lady Boss