Start by marking “Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian” as Want to Read:
Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian

Bound by Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian (Seducing the Classics #3)

From the acclaimed author of Master comes the tale of a woman of legend, caught in a dark forest of intrigue, desire, and lust.

Maid Marian, now Lady of Leaford, is sent to the court of Prince John-not to take part in the debauchery of his Court of Pleasure, but to spy on him for his mother. Little does she know that her secret mission will thrust her into a whirlwind of

Published May 5th 2009 by Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated (first published April 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Honor

"Tawdry fanfic" is the essential distillation of Bound by Honor, but I don't use that description to criticize.

Having read other books by Gleason, I expected a certain level of quality (or at least readability) via her erotica pseudo -- and yes, this was much more coherent than other erotica/romantica I've tried. It had something of a story arc from beginning to end -- a bit thin, but it was there, & it was believable in its way. I can even buy most of the sex scenes -- they felt somewhat o
La Mala ✌
AGREGADO : Soy una papanatas, acabo de leer que esta es Colleen Gleason. ¡Con razón estaba buena esta novela! Me encanta esa autora.

Novela para adultos. Para adultos. En serio. Para mayores de 21 años.

Bueno, al menos...para quienes no le hacen asco a nada. [Hola! En esta categoría me incluyo ;)]

Para ser un retelling erótico, no está nada mal. Es más, si no se tratara de Robin Hood (a.k.a. el amor de mi vida), me hubiera gustado muchísisimo más. Es una novela, diría yo, demasiado entretenida e
Gemma
Jul 08, 2010 Gemma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a smoking hot read!
Shelves: erotica, 5-star-reads
Woah, what can I say about this book?

This was one of the most enjoyable reads I've had, in more ways than one.

I've always had a soft spot for the Robin Hood story and I've always lusted after Richard Armitige (The Sherriff in The BBC version of Robin Hood), so the fact that the author states that he is her insperation made me want to read it more.

And boy did I love it. Without spoiling it, this was Robin Hood "The Tudors style" Yes there are a few inacuracies with regards to a few minor things,
Shannon The Show Stopper
I didn't like this one as much as her first two books but it's still and excellent read. If you're a fan of Robin Hood then you should most definitely read this!
Jess Michaels
Nov 23, 2015 Jess Michaels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I always love Colette Gale's uber sexy re-tellings of the classics!
Blair Hodgkinson
If this passes for erotica, that genre is in a deplorable state indeed. While some of the author's ideas could have been used to create an interesting historical novel challenging the usual assumptions about the legend of Robin Hood, the actual results are pretty muddled. This ends up neither very satisfying historically or as erotica.
Megan
3 stars. I did like this re-telling of the Marian & Robin Hood. However, it was not excellent. I wanted to love this book, but I think I had expectations going into it as what it was going to be about. This book was very different then the way I thought it was going to be like. Robin is conceited and a womanizer; the Sheriff of Nottingham is fierce, dark, brooding, and often detached; and Marian is feisty, stubborn, and loyal (the traits of the main characters did not surprise or disappoint ...more
Robin
Aug 10, 2009 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know.....this book surprised me. There was more of a story here than I expected. The problem for me started and ended with "An erotic novel" because it wasn't. I didn't find anything in this book erotic. I was far more fascinated with the political machinations, the threeway friendship between Robin, Marian and Will and the romance between Alys and Will. I think it was SUPPOSED to be erotic, but if that's what you were looking for.....well, maybe other people got that out of this book. I did ...more
Cindy
Jan 28, 2010 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
who could resist the erotic tale of Maid Marion? Not I!!

Ok, this book is a retelling of Robin Hood, and with a surprise ending - but it is hardly that erotic - sort of titillating in places, but overall, nothing to get very excited about, and the characters, with the exception of Marion, Will and Robin himself, are shallowly drawn and excessively one dimensional.
Robyn
Really this is more like a 3.5, but I'm rounding up because I enjoyed it and thought it was a fun read. It was also a quick read, because I had a hard time putting it down.

First, I knew I'd enjoy this book when I read the dedication, which is, "For all the women who prefer Alan Rickman and Richard Armitage." Because Alan Rickman as the Sheriff in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" was probably the source of my inappropriate love for villains. I love me a good, tortured, dark-and-dangerous romance n
Kara-karina
First of all, for the kind of novel it is, Bound by Honor is ridiculously overpriced. £8/$12.99 for an ebook published in 2009? You are kidding me, right. So when my interest was piqued I managed to buy a second hand paperback for £3.80 through BetterWorldBooks. Yes, my copy did fall apart when I was reading it, but I didn't feel bad about it...

I would not call this book erotica, mostly it reads like a slightly racy historical romance. Certainly, an author like Bertrice Small will give it a run
Sue Lukenbaugh
Feb 18, 2010 Sue Lukenbaugh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am loving Colette Gale. She's twisted a wicked tale of love and lust. Marion, no longer a maid comes back into the lives of Robin and the Sheriff, and everything is still not as it seems. The scenes are hot, and some are a little twisted in the best of way. This reimagining is my favorite yet, not one to be missed if you root for the dark horse, if you can see past the charming flutters in your stomach, if you like a challenge.
LeAnn
Jan 27, 2012 LeAnn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The writing is okay. The premise is okay. However, there is really no story here. It's just chapter after chapter of impromptu and indiscriminate sexual encounters that don't make a whole lot of sense. There's really no story to hold my interest and no reason to root for any of the characters other than what we already know from other Robin Hood stories. At times I can see a story about to form and then it just gets wierd and pointless.
Stacey
May 15, 2010 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the BBC Robin Hood series
Shelves: e-romance, robin-hood
This book is for those of us who love the Sheriff of Nottingham on the BBC's series Robin Hood. Dark, brooding, heart of gold, shaft of steel - you get the idea. It had a very enjoyable storyline too. I absolutely love the Gardella vampire series Colette Gale wrote under pseudonym Colleen Gleason which is why I picked this one up to read. I was happily surprised to find that I liked this book just as much as those.
Alisa
Nov 05, 2010 Alisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2011
I was not thrilled with this book but it was ok. I am not a big Robin Hood Maid Marian fan but this book was set aside for me by my peeps at BAMso I bought it and read it. It wasnt erotic like I like erotic but it was pretty good. I am sure that if I was into these people I would have loved it.. so dont take my rating as a Do Not Read.. READ IT!! You never know.. you may love it!!
Rakisha
Nov 03, 2011 Rakisha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Imagine if Maid Marian was locked in a love triangle with Robin Hood of Locksley and Will--the cold Sheriff of Nottingham? Throw in a dash of courtly intrigue and steamy encounters and you have this novel. It's entertaining to see the old folktale imagined this way, but it isn't the most stunning tale.
Amberfaye
May 05, 2015 Amberfaye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I honestly didn't think that I would enjoy this book as much as I did. It was like candy. Very simple and bitter at times. It was quite good, while at times boarding on a wee bit disturbing. Not fantastic but good.
Cozen
I was interested in this book, at first. That being said, I really want to write my irritating annoyance with this book. I shall try and hold my tongue though, but note .... When writing a book, DON'T CHANGE THE MAIN CHARACTER'S ROLES IN IT OR THE STORY!!!!

Debbs
I loved this twist to the classic tale of Robin Hood. This novel is really incredible!! The author wrote an amazing erotic novel without sacrificing the plot and political intrigue. Some of those pages are sizzling hot even the most creative of pervs out there would be impressed. REALLY AWESOME!!!
Estela
Oct 19, 2012 Estela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Colette Gale's take on the whole Robin Hood story. The twists in this book totally made me rethink the story and I couldn't believe she made me fall in love with the Sheriff of Nottingham. Very enjoyable read!!
Claire Mojieski
I struggled a lot with the character's personalities being so different than what we are used to from other Robin Hood books and movies. Overall it was okay but that's it.
Ashley
Aug 13, 2009 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last a naughty indulgence that I did not laugh at! I was completely drawn in to the great story that was dripping with sex and, surprisingly, love.
Christy Nevarez
Jul 30, 2011 Christy Nevarez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this one more than "Master" and almost as much as I loved "Unmasqued." Gale seems to write for the rest of us that don't always go for the obvious choice. I really like this one.
Nikki
Mar 25, 2013 Nikki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
lame, no characters worth carrying about not at all the story of the legend and his lady love we want to read about
Jules
Aug 03, 2010 Jules rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Quit reading a couple of pages in, since it took that short a time to hit casual (even cheerful) rape references. Very much not my thing.
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2015
Genevive
Genevive rated it did not like it
Jun 09, 2014
Heidiaz
Heidiaz rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2010
Jeannie Mancini
Jeannie Mancini rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2010
  • The Erotic Secrets of a French Maid
  • Dreamwalker
  • Crave: The Seduction of Snow White (Avon Red)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • No Greater Pleasure  (An Order of Solace Novel #2)
  • Enchanted Again
  • Skin Deep
  • Steamlust
  • The Price of Desire
  • Pleasure Palace
  • The Harlot (Taskill Witches, #1)
  • Erotic Healing (1Night Stand, #3)
  • Cinderella Unmasked (Fairytale Fantasies #1)
  • Touch Me (Awesome Foursome, #3)

Seducing the Classics (3 books)
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • Master: An Erotic Novel of the Count of Monte Cristo (Seducing the Classics, #2)