Start by marking “Finding Kate Huntley” as Want to Read:

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  798 ratings  ·  69 reviews
During a vacation in the Caribbean, fifteen-year old Kate Huntley's father, a prominent U.S. scientist, is murdered before her eyes. For the next ten years Kate grows up alone in Haiti, one of the most dangerous and poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere. Not a day goes by that she doesn't think of her father. Kate pushes herself to become stronger, mentally and physi ...more
Published May 5th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Finding Kate Huntley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Kate Huntley

Loves To Dive
In September of 1998 Kate Huntley celebrates her 15th birthday aboard her father’s boat along with her father, a doctor who is doing ground breaking aids research. Two days after her birthday Kate is awoken to a storm, going on deck she finds her father locked in battle with a strange man. Her father gets shot but manages to throw the man overboard, but the boat is beyond help. Her father manages to get them both off the boat and Kate onto a raft but is unable to save himself. With his last brea ...more
Ni_kii
Written for the Indie Book Collectives book blog tour

We begin this tale on a boat in the middle of the sea, at the dead of night. A young girl witnesses her Father’s death at the hands of a man with a serpent tattoo on his neck. It seems that the man on the verge of finding the cure for AIDs has amassed some resourceful enemies. Just before he dies, her Father tells her that she can’t trust anyone and to run. 10 years later, Kate Huntley is living on the Island of Haiti. Taking her Fathers advic
Eva Cg
It's an okay book. Writing is good. The story was a bit out there though - quite a lot of active, concentrated suspension of disbelief was necessary. I sort of lost interest quite soon, I'm afraid - it just sounded like a recycled story that could be a basis for any number of forgettable action movies. I read it all for the sake of thoroughness. It's readable, but didn't do much beyond that for me. As always, tastes differ.
Beth
The author worked so hard to make the story exciting that it became very dragged out. The heroine was unlikeably tough, the hero was inept, there were too many shallow villains, and the mix of crude language and actions followed by cute kids did not make sense. I had to skip to the end.
A. Bookzilla.
This had such an interesting story line. I'd give it 3.5 stars but Goodreads won't let me.

I loved the Kate/Jack duo, they had such weird dynamic, complete opposites, it was wonderful. Kate is really kickass, and it was funny watching Jack try and take care of her when she took care of him instead. But Jack held his own just fine with his calm demeanor and smarts.

I loved the mystery. There's a lot of thrill and they're constantly on the run. People die! And I have to say I did not figure it out m
Natalie
I don't even know what to say about this book. It's pretty ridiculous. It's basically one long action sequence. Kate and Jack are constantly in danger and having to kick some butts or run for their lives. I was rolling my eyes through most of it. It was so action-packed that I was more amused than annoyed.

Jack heads to find Kate, who has been missing since her father's murder 10 years ago. After being nearly killed (several thousand times) Kate and Jack head back to the States where it turns ou
Kristal Taylor
Excellent book I was so captivated by this book couldn't stop reading. What a wild ride this book was. Kate has made herself into a tough as nails, take no prisoners woman, she trusts no one and tends to hit first and ask questions later. I liked her personality; I liked the way she didn’t just lay down and cry but came up punching every time she got knocked down. She has a certain amount of vulnerability to her but she hides it well. Jack Coffey made me laugh more than once, so out of his eleme ...more
Gary
Theresa Ragan is quickly becoming my female Michael Crichton... favorite author. From the moment I discovered Abducted, I read the majority of her books. The one thing they all have in common is that they don’t disappoint.

I thought Finding Kate Huntley would be another great read. It was, even to the end. The characters didn’t end where I thought they would when reading the first few chapters and it made the book that more enjoyable. The characters had plausible story arc that didn’t betray what
Vivian
Wow, fastest read in a while. What I find is more surprising though, is that this is the first ebook that I have completed. Just a comment that I had to put in, which is actually somewhat significant, since I'm a traditional book-in-hand girl. Anyways, in my case, I was on vacation when I started and finished this book, so the ebook format actually worked to my advantage this once. The fact that I include this tidbit is to demonstrate how captivated I was by this book - every free minute that I ...more
Read2review
** For the full review please check out www.read2review.com **

I had been looking forward to this book for a while so when I finally got to read it karma was not friendly to me! I had to read this book through lines that had appeared on my e-reader screen and sometimes I had to double check words. HOWEVER I am so glad that I read this book and have been introduced to Theresa’s work!

The story starts off as Kate’s father was killed on a holiday. She then went into hiding and was found years later
Morgan

Finding Kate Huntley is a suspenseful novel filled with action and romance. This adult thriller will hook you from the first page and won’t let you go until long after you have finished this story.

At age 15, Kate’s father was murdered before her eyes. He was a scientist on the brink of finding the cure for AIDS. One of the last things he said to Kate was, “Trust no one.”

Flash forward ten years. Kate has spent the
Heather
This book was awesome. It starts out with Kate and her father on the Carribea during a bad storm. A man with a serpent tattoo on his chest shows up onboard and stabs her father. The last thing her father, a scientist close to discovering a cure for aids, tells Kate to trust no one. It jumps 15 years later where Kate is living in Haiti, hiding from the rest of the world. Until Jack, a rookie FBI agent, shows up to take her back to the states. But it isn't until they first come face to face that i ...more
Tracy Riva
Finding Kate Huntley by Theresa Ragan was an enticing read. It wraps romance, mystery and multiple murders in with the case of a woman who went missing ten years earlier. It was captivating for so many reasons. The sexual tension between the hero and heroine in the novel sizzles, it practically has you panting along with the heroine who just wants the hero to get on with it already!

The heroine is no laid back, come save me weakling. She kicks ass, literally. If you go after her you’d better be p
Ukgardenfiend
Finding Kate Huntley
Conspiracy theories upon conspiracy theories abound in this book, from the Head of the FBI to business and drug companies and charities and their nefarious motives. Just who are the good guys? And who are the bad? And how can you tell the difference?
We have the usual feisty self-reliant heroine but here very feisty and extremely self-reliant. Living on her own in a very dangerous culture for several years, living on her wits and without schooling or training and orphaned too…
Ciara
Boy did I love this one!! I've loved T.R. Ragan ever since I read Abducted and Taming Mad Max, and Finding Kate Huntley did not disappoint!! Kate Huntley's father is about to have a breakthrough in the world of medicine when he finds the cure for AIDS. But while vacationing to Haiti on a boat with his 15 year old daughter he is murdered and Kate is left alone in life to survive the rough streets of Haiti and find the man responsible for killing her father!!! 10 years later FBI agent Jack Coffey ...more
Caroline Clemmons
When Kate Huntley was fifteen, she saw her father murdered during a Caribbean vacation off the coast of Haiti. He barely managed to save Kate after he fought off his attacker. Who would harm her father? He was a harmless scientist working to find a cure for AIDS. She lives to avenge him, and remains in Haiti's tough backstreets--where life is hard and lives come cheap. She manages to remain under the murderer(s) radar.

Ten years later, while gaining mental and physical strength with her continue
Lynn Aoude
When on vacation with her father in the Caribean, 15-year old Kate witnesses her father murder. His last words to her were "trust no one". 10 years later, an FBI agent, Jack Coffey, is sent to Haiti to bring her back to the US. Alas, Jack was set up as the culprit in the murder of Dr. Forstin. Dr Forstin was Kate's father's friend and was close to find the cure for AIDS before his untimely death. Trying to cover the set up, the people responsible go about trying to kill Jack, and Kate by associa ...more
Valerie
At 15 years old Kate was sailing with her father on the outskirts of Haiti when a horrific tragedy happened. For 10 years Kate was left to survive on her own. She learned how to trust no one and to defend herself from the scum she came across every day. Kate's life was constantly on the run and she never had anyone she could rely on till one day all that changed with FBI Special Agent Jack Coffey came into the pictures. Jack was sent to find Kate and bring her back in regards to finding out who ...more
Alisha Robinson
I'm a paranormal nut but once in a while I enjoy a good thriller, and this novel didn't disappoint. From the moment I met FBI Agent Jack Coffey I was in love! He was smug, even a tad arrogant but in that boyish way which makes girls melt!Kate was sassy and hard, almost to the core making their relationship bumpy from the beginning.
The suspense was great. I had my own ideas about what was going to happen and although I correctly predicted one event most of the time I was just blown away. Twists a
Belinda in Alabama
VERY GOOD!

This story has a lot of twists and turns in it. Kate and Jack were an interesting couple.
The story was supposed to be over a couple of weeks but it felt longer. I liked both Kate and Jack and thought they worked as individuals, partners and as a couple.
I'd like to read more about them.
I've read several of Me Ragan's books and liked them all.
Happy Reading!
Tia
The heroine was there when she witnessed her fathers murder, she was fifteen at the time. Ten years later and she has trained herself to be strong, stand tough and to trust her instincts to stay alive. She is a lean mean killing machine if she has to be but what she wants most? Revenge! Against whomever hired the killer that took her father away from her.

The hero works as an FBI agent, he was sent to find the heroine and bring her back to the states but it won't be that simple. With a bunch of k
Jenn
Honest to goodness, Theresa Ragan just has a way of completely capturing you and sucking you in with words. Finding Kate Huntley was no different. I had a hard time putting this book down. I couldn't wait to see where each twist and turn was going to lead.
Sue Owen
This is a wonderful, fast paced action adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. In the tradition of James Bond, Kate Huntley kicks … well you know. She’s one heck of a fighter and still had time to be a very feminine woman. If James were a she, Kate would be it.

I liked this book a lot. It kept moving and during the whole book I didn’t once doubt the end would be explosive. The only given was that the boy/girl combo would probably work out eventually. Some things have to be expecte
Connie
Good book to escape into kate is tough and jack is naive good combination. Enjoy kids in the story neat to read how they help K&J out sad parts too.
Lots adventure-action scenarios in this story!
Pamela Avila
This is not my typical book, I would have never read it if it was not recommended to me. That being said I thought it was a very good book. A little predictable and not my most favorite book ever, but I enjoyed reading it. I liked the two main characters and the plot was interesting, I would definitely consider it a thriller. Ending was a little cheesy.
Kari Beh
Love this author. I will be reading more of her.
Kelly
This book kept me reading and reading. It was very suspenseful and I did not guess the ending until it was told to the reader later in the book. I definitely will try out other books written by Theresa Ragan. This book is probably something I would never have purchased. It caught my eye being offered as "free" for the Kindle as a promotional. The characters were very likable and I'm pleased with the ending for them. A suspenseful novel but with also some romance to it! I highly recommend.
Meagan
I would have to say that this is one of the better books I have found to have a free/cheap kindle version. I borrowed this one through the amazon prime lending library. I was immediately into the book and before I knew it, I found myself halfway through. I found the plot to be enjoyable and there was a nice mix of suspense, action, and romance. There are 2 sex scenes and Kate, main character, is constantly commenting on how much she wants Jack so its more of an older teen/adult read.
Debbie Oxier
A very entertaining read with plenty of twists and turns to hold your interest. When Kate is left alone after her father's murder, she manages to survive. Her father told her not to trust anyone so when Jack shows up claiming to be with the FBI she runs. He wants to take her back to the states to her father's former colleague. Then the colleague is killed and Jack is framed for the murder. The two of them end up running for their lives. Lots of action and suspense.
  • Catch Me if You Can (ALPHA Squadron, #1)
  • The Shop of Shades and Secrets
  • Stormy Montana Sky (Montana Sky, #3)
  • Too Close for Comfort (Loveswept)
  • Bound to Love
  • Unlucky
  • While You Were Dead
  • Countermeasure (Countermeasure, #1)
  • Dangerous Kisses
  • Family Secrets (A Cop in the Family, #1)
  • The Huntress
  • A Stranger's Touch
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Cool Shade
  • On Ice
  • The Wedding Gift
  • What She Doesn't Know
I was pregnant with my fourth and last child when I read my very first romance novel, A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. I knew instantly that I wanted to write romance novels as a career. Being taken away to another world for a few hours was just what I needed. I took five years to write my first medieval time travel, Return of the Rose. I have written more than a dozen novels since then ...more
More about Theresa Ragan...
Having My Baby Taming Mad Max Return of the Rose An Offer He Can't Refuse A Knight in Central Park