Start by marking “Creating Contexts” as Want to Read:
Creating Contexts

Creating Contexts

Research article introductions are central to Creating Contexts: Writing across Genres with the CaRS (creating a research space) model used as a starting point. This volume focuses on introductions for other kinds of texts that are also part of the graduate student writing experience such as course papers and critiques, proposals, and dissertations.

This volume represents a
Published February 25th 2011 by University of Michigan Press ELT (first published January 31st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Contexts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Contexts

Elizabeth
Apr 15, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
I really appreciate how these volumes attempt to cover so much within such slim boundaries and this one, on introductions and conclusions, was really no exception. I will say that given the variety of ways intros and conclusions are written across genres and disciplines in graduate school, I did feel like this volume was spread a bit thinner than the others I’ve read on Abstracts and Literature Reviews. That is, it may have attempted to cover a bit too much terrain at the expense of containing ...more
Peb
Mar 25, 2014 Peb rated it it was amazing
This book is really helpful. I am amazed that there is a book only for introduction. I used to be stuck on writing introductions in papers or proposals, or unable to efficiently extract information from this section when reading. The book contains mix of easy-to-find notes, discussed examples, exercises and the thickness is not discouraging.
Marta Silva
Marta Silva rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Riyaz Ahamad
Riyaz Ahamad marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Wafa
Wafa marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016