Start by marking “Kebakaran: The Burning” as Want to Read:
Kebakaran: The Burning

Kebakaran: The Burning (The Fear Street Saga Trilogy #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  3,415 ratings  ·  90 reviews
Akhir... Dan Permulaan

Simon Fear mengira dengan mengubah namannya dia akan bisa melenyapkan kutukan itu. Dia keliru… sangat keliru.

Setelah sekian generasi mengalami kengerian yang tak terkatakan, sekarang tergantung pada Daniel dan Nora, yang dipertemukan oleh cinta mereka, untuk mempersatukan kedua keluarga yang berseteru itu. Apakah cinta mereka yang terlarang cukup kuat
Published 1999 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Kebakaran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kebakaran

I must admit this book certainly lives up to its expectations. The story of Simon Fear and his family is finally told in all its graphic horror. The twist regarding Simon and Angelica was interesting. Regarding the curse, again it seems self-fullfilling and yet there are supernatural aspects to it. I don't think what happened to Nora would really happen, though. (view spoiler) It made me wonder: Is the curse really gone? Accordi ...more
Sakura Koneko
Aug 12, 2007 Sakura Koneko rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes the supernatural
The final book in this series, I ended up picking it up after reading the other two, wanting to see how these horrible series of events would end (though knowing it couldn't be very well, because otherwise we wouldn't have the Fear Street series of books).
Lindsay Heller
I remember when I was little waiting, very impatiently, for this book to be published. It November of 1993 and this was the third, concluding, book of the Fear Street Saga, the historical horror trilogy that explained why Fear Street, in R.L. Stine's Fear Street series of books, was so haunted. I got it for my birthday, immediately tore in, and was not disappointed.

This book continues the story of the Fears (who have now changed the spelling from Fier) and the Goodes, two feuding families not o
That was one of the first books i ever read from R.L. Stine and it's still my favorite till this day. You cant really explain what this book is about because it has so many twists and turns that it leaves you stunned at the end. When i read this book it was like a movie in my head because i could see exactly what she was describing. She made The Burning with so many vivid details that I actually thought i was watching it and forgot to close the turn of the T.V when i finished.I think this was on ...more
This review is for the whole series.

I was reading Fear Street books way before I reached the age that I should have been reading those. Goosebumps was child's play and this Fear Street Saga books are my absolute favorites from the dozens of books R.L. Stine wrote. I loved the feud, the gruesomeness of each murder, the time periods and the creepiness of every single story.

The other day I was hit with some serious nostalgia and decided I had to read these books again (how gorgeous are the women
Lilith Rayne
It was a good read but not as interesting as the previous two. Sometimes it felt like more of the same. The conclusion was not very satisfying for me, either. I would recommend it as a light read and if you want to find out what finally happens to the families involved. I give it 3.5/5.
A great beginning to Fear street! I loved reading about the Goode and Fier family feud. It has been so long since I read any of the Fear Street books, and I'm glad I was able to get my hands on them again! I truly missed reading them.
This is an amazing great book because it had a lot of colonial times events.It was during the time period which made it very non-fictional because stories like this happened during those time periods!!!!!
I used to love the fear street series when I was a kid. I think that anyone who likes a good mystery story and being young at heart should give them a try.
Over 17 years later and I still remember how awesome this saga (series) was. He very exquisitely captured the essence of the days of 'olde' and I felt like I was being transported in time. Obviously some of the details of the story have slipped away with time, but the emotions and feelings that Stein’s tales elicited have steadfastly remained throughout the years and I struggle to recall another novel that has so markedly “transported me through and to another time!” Of course there’s the possib ...more
Ronni Lea
wow! fear street! my fave as a young in! I wonder if I'd like them as much now as I used to. I think I still have em all somewhere. :-)
This is my favorite trilogy in the Fear Street series, but this last one just isn't as good as the first two.
3 1/2 stars. This last book in the Fear Street Saga which tells the story of the curse that plagues Fear Street rounds out what happened to the Fier (Fear) family although the fate of the Goode's is left up in the air. It is not as creepy as the first two books but goes about the business of winding up the story. I did enjoy finding out about the families although there is a sense of hopelessness toward the end. No one seems to have learned any lessons about the futility of seeking revenge. No o ...more
At this point you’d think someone would be like JUST MARRY ALREADY because we’re creeping up on 250 years of bad luck and dead bodies and it’s about time to let this shit go instead of keeping the home fires burning, you know?

Nora is our storyteller throughout the series and now, in this last book, we finally get to her story that was introduced at the beginning of the first. Like all the others it involves two lovebirds wanting to marry after a few hours of knowing each other but shenanigans en
Cypress Ruby
Apakah kutukan keluarga fear akan berakhir disini? Cukup mengherankan sebenernya, nampak konservatif (ya iya sih kan ceritanya dr abad 17 sampe abad 20), semua anak gadis keluarga Fear kalo bukan gila ya mati. Selalu tersisa satu anak lelaki keluarga Fear untuk meneruskan nama keluarga. Takdir yang berbelit-belit hanya karena dendam.
Pikachu †FearStreetZombie†

Such a amazing ending to a awesome start!
I honestly didn't expect this book to end the way it did...
Actually, I didn't expect anything in this book. It all caught me off guard leaving me with a "that's new" thought and O_O look on my face.
All in all, this book was AMAZING!

Nostalgia took over, and brought me to R L Stine. The narrative was quite repetitive, and at some point, I just expected more gruesome deaths and more bodies. The ending was not macabre enough... but I wasn't expecting much.
Mel Amni
Actually very creepy. Sadly I read the last of the saga before reading the others (Bad Sav!) but I understood everything pretty well. I recommend this to people who've grown out of Goosebumps, because R.L. Stine is a very lovely author. 4/5 Stars <3
Mario Rocchetta
"The Burning" by R.L. Stine is the third and final installment of the "Fear Street Saga." The aim of the saga is to explain to us readers how "Fear Street" began. Mission accomplished. Stine indeed does what he set out to do, and that's explain how all of the evil things happening in Shadyside originate from a curse dating back to the 1600s. This third book tied up the series nicely. I recommend this book and this saga to anyone who is a fan of Stine's "Fear Street" series. Appreciating where th ...more
Tuyet Bui
What is it like to be in love? I don't know because I've never been in one but I can tell you that this book is amazing. It's all about a tragic-love story between two teenagers. Nothing can break them, even an evil ancient curse,
Angelica and Simon were such a great couple. Their story is the only one I remembered from the reread of the trilogy, mainly because of the twist it brought. Each book had about the same formula. Either the Fiers or the Goodes would move and try to settle, then something awful would happen to reawaken the curse for one side. Then, a daughter of one would fall for the son of the other and terrible things ensued. The formula worked, but it is presictable. Still, I really enjoyed these books becaus ...more
he is such an amazing writer.. he surely makes me scared
Once you start - you gotta finish the series
Alexis Jade
I love the plot and twists & turns with the Fear Family. I like these kind of Fear Street books because they tell us how Fear Street came to be and what we need to know. The book was a little boring and not my favorite, but the year it was in and everything pulled me in.

By the way, I only read this one because I was interested in finding out how Fear Street came to be. I like how R.L. Stine put it and the Fear Mansion seems pretty creepy to me. But I prefer the other Fear Street books such a
Syahira Sharif
The book was the end of a trilogy. This is also the first book I read in my first highschool library that sparks my obsessiveness with paranormal fiction. My sister had the book earlier than this series about a girl who had the Fear medallion which was stolen by one of the Fear who left her to die. But the entire series was out of print. Can't seem to find it anywhere since 2003.
Its a love and horror book. Its about these people who are completly different but they both do dark magic. They kill to be able to be together. Then the go insane and have children. One girl was even killed by Simon the dad. Then the couple totally lost it and burnt the housr down and died.
This saga was a brilliant start to get me back into R.L.Stine's work. The story-which is a prequel-was fluid and exciting, yet I found the ending extremely sad. So much loss because of one lie. I really want to read the Fear Street Series now!
  • Bury Me Deep
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
  • Final Exam
  • Hello, Mallory (The Baby-Sitters Club, #14)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

The Fear Street Saga Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Betrayal (The Fear Street Saga, #1)
  • The Secret (The Fear Street Saga, #2)