Start by marking “Lucky (Putnam County, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lucky (Putnam County, #1)

Lucky (Putnam County #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Allegro Romani is a fairy. Literally. Disowned by his family because of his sexual orientation, he’s left the Fae realm for Earth. He’s done all right for himself, establishing a small store in a paranormal-friendly town. He’s even made a few friends, despite his awkward social skills. But one day a week, everything goes to hell.

Alli is a Fayte, and they don’t tend to far
Published July 3rd 2011 by Amber Allure (first published July 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucky

Counterpoint by Rachel HaimowitzHeaven by Jet MyklesChange of Heart by Mary CalmesDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldCethe by Becca  Abbott
Best Gay Drawn Erotic Book Covers
142nd out of 340 books — 279 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonA Matter of Time by Mary CalmesFatal Shadows by Josh Lanyon
M/M Romance Series
367th out of 441 books — 392 voters

More lists with this book...

MandyM
Very enjoyable story with quirky, funny characters. I love shifters and fae in my M/M romance and this one had both. Alli is a Fae who's cursed with bad luck (especially on Fridays) and he's become cranky and withdrawn. He spends all his time working magic in the little florist shop in Putman County (a haven for Paranormal folk). Michael is a bear shifter and is looking for some place to call his own, away from his lovable but overbearing and eccentric family. He buys a cabin on the outskirts of ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is just a really sweet story!
Poor Alli is a banished Fairy and because of how is magic works here he has a lot of bad luck.( serious BAD luck lol)
And Friday's are the worst! ( no TGIF for him), so he is understandably grumpy and prickly.
Then Michael enters his world and his luck isn't quite so bad anymore! There is a stalker issue and Michaels crazy family plays a role too, but all in all it's just a feel good story and I had to laugh at some of Allie's disasters.
Jess Candela
Cute story. I liked it, but wish a content editor had been a bit more attentive, as Alli is apparently as surprised to learn that Michael is a bear the second time he hears it as he was the first. I had to read back a few paragraphs after the second one, trying to figure out what I'd missed because surely he wasn't surprised by information he already had?? But yeah, somehow Alli didn't seem to know Michael was a bear even though they'd just had that very conversation a few pages earlier.

Also, I
Phaney
Apr 06, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Hm.

Okay, the good? A delightfully quirky and warped sense of humour. Nice characters, a nice setting. A certain level of realism that was not depressing, while still revelling in the non-perfection of everything. Such as people getting annoyed with one another’s minor (and even major) traits despite falling in love. Certainly no perfection in body, mind, attitude or anything else, which made it feel that much more real. That and the fact that they focused on sex in a single-minded, irritation-in
Tam
Alli is a very unlucky fae. After being rejected by his people for being gay, he’s forced to live in the human world, however his magic reacts badly on earth and he ends up being a walking disaster. Michael is a bear shifter whose seeking something more and decides to settle in the same town which is known to be friendly to paranormals. He literally saves Alli from being run down in the street and somehow is tasked with caring for him. Alli has attitude. He has no intention of getting close to a ...more
Candice
How how I loved thee. This would have been a 5 star read from me, but 3 things bothered me (view spoiler)

I am not a stickler on grammar, punctuation, or minor editing errors. 75% of the time I am so involved in t
Don Bradshaw
I liked the idea of mixing a shifter with a fairy in a romance story and enjoyed the paranormal town Ms Mahoney created. I would have enjoyed the story much more without Alli's incessant squeaks and squeals. Both Chris and Michael were good characters. The story itself was good though a little too sweet for me.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
K.M. Mahoney is an author who's new to me. I have no idea what made me buy this book but I'm glad I did.

Lucky was one of those books that's just plain 'ol cute. Alli was like a grumpy old man trapped in the body of a fairy. At first I was kind of annoyed with Alli's woe-is-me attitude. Once I found out why he thought everyone disliked him though, I was no longer annoyed. When you cause small scale disasters almost everywhere you go...yeah, people might not like you so much after a while.

Michael
Mercedes
I enjoyed this story with Allie and Michael. Allie is a faery whose magic gets out of control at times and causes unlucky things to happen to himself and those near him at the time. He moved to the country of Putnam after being cast out of faery land by his family for being gay. There he meets newcomer Michael. Michael is an spectacle bear shifter who has bought a hunting cabin in the area so he can let his bear Bruce roam around.

This story was cute and I loved Michael and also Allie. I would ha
Lizzie
3.5 stars. Alli and Michael were really very cute together. Michael the typical cuddly bear and Alli was sweet with the right amount of snark. The build-up to the climax was nice, but the moment itself was a huge let down and kind of fizzled out.

The storytelling itself was nicely done, though there were moments when it felt off. Maybe forced or...I don't know, maybe more motherly than loverly? It's hard to put my finger on, but it just felt off every now and then.

All in all, a nice, sweet read.
Tj
This was not the book I expected. It was cute and funny. It was a simple book that was easy to read. Uncomplicated and sweet, I enjoyed reading it. The characters were likable and funny. The plot revolved around the romance with a dash of mystery. For a comfort read it is perfect.
Cotilla
2,5 stars.

I enjoyed it, but if the author does not get her facts stright, I doubt I'll read anything else by her. She repeats things she wrote 20 pages before and changes the outcome. That's worse that being repetitive. Rounded up for the great idea.
Tamarrion Lash
Славная история. Автору удалось создать героев, в которых радует решительно все :)
Fehu
A very enjoable shifter story, featuring the fae Allegro and a bear-shifter Michael Lakkis and their journey to happily ever after. The writing is pretty nice and there are a lot of interesting supporting characters, I hope to see in future books, like Michaels brother Tristan!

Allegro is somewhat of a backluck magnet, especially at Friday and of course that's the day he meets Michael, who's family also is know to be quite ecentric in the shifter world. Alli is not all that happy about being resc
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

The blurb does a very good job of describing what the story is about so I won’t go on to repeat that. It’s a cute read with some humor and funny scenarios thrown in. I found I really enjoyed it.

One of the things I really liked about the story is the fact Alli has such horrible luck. In general, he’s always clumsy but on Fridays, everything always goes wrong to the point of almost getting killed multiple times. He’s lonely but he doesn’t want to sub
Kyra James
This was just FUN! Poor Alli is Fayte, disowned and kicked out just be cause he's gay. His magic works different here, it's like it stores itself up and needs an outlet once a week. So his Friday's are always "bad luck" Fridays, no TGIF! But then he meets Michael a Bear Shifter who takes his bad luck in stride, just what Alli needs. Now I want to read the rest of the series....
Bkrdr
Rated 4.50 stars. Cute, sweet story of Fae who is a bad luck magnet and newcomer bear shifter. I really liked the development in their relationship, and the secondary characters,e.g, Deputy Sheriff Chris, Evan etc.
C
Name of the county in the title and the series as referenced in goodreads? Putnam
Name of the county as mentioned by everyone, everywhere, in the book? Putman

Irritating.
Alison
Loved Allegro. Considering I usually have a coupld of bruises on me at any one time due to clumsiness, and the fact I can actually catch things I drop a lot of the time before I realise I've dropped them, well, I really found his situation to be familiar. And Michael was everything you want in a MC without being too unrealistic.
Rachel
This was a delightful read! The characters were quirky, their dialogue was witty and fun, and Michael's family was a hoot. I really loved Alli and felt bad for all the bad luck he had, but I loved Michael's persistence in creating a relationship with him. And Bruce was adorable too! I would be interested in more from this author, and even reading more of this, like other characters in the same town. I really enjoyed this.
momokaachan
This is a very nice read! Alli the unlucky fairy and Michael the ever-optimistic bear shifter are delightful MCs. The supporting cast is equally entertaining. The story moves along well, and the wrap-up is not too abrupt. I am definitely looking forward to more from this author!
Honey
Lucky was fun and very entertaining, while still being serious in the places that mattered. All the characters were well rounded, the romance was very sweet and I enjoyed the originality of what happens to fairies on Earth. I look forward to reading book 2!
Eva
A sweet and quirky story with a likable cast of characters. My problem was that at times the story felt slow, but I still enjoyed reading it and am hoping there will be more stories im this world.
Lily
3.85 stars. A well written story with touches of humour, an interesting plot universe and quirky characters. Alli and Michael were adorable as individuals and even more so together.
Chris
3.5 stars. Good paranormal m/m romance about a bear shifter who moves to a small town in Wisconsin known to be paranormal friendly and meets an extremely unlucky (but cute!) fairy.
Susan
I was a little bemused by a couple of plot continuity errors in this story but otherwise I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading Tristan's story next.
Pete W
A delightful, cute, sweet, and adorable story. Like other reviewers said, the main MCs are adorable and the secondary characters are also very fun to read about.
Lacey
Now I think Alli's brother deserves a story. I want to know what happened to him! And while we're at it, why not give Lucas one as well? :)
Jen Boucher
I adored this story! It hit everything I like in just the right spot. I think I've discovered a new kink - shifters and gay fairies!

5 Stars +
Evamaria
A cute and funny story with likable characters. I enjoyed this very much.
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Ulrich (The Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Some Kind of Magic (Beings in Love, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Fae #3)
  • Good Bones (Bones #1)
  • Silver/Steel (Arcada #4)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • The Case Of The Dragon's Dilemma (End Street Detective Agency #3)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • Healer (The Institute, #1)
  • Lone
  • The Kayan's Mage (Hunter Clan, #1)
  • Boots
  • Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie, #1)
  • Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1)
  • Draconian Measures (Gaven, #3)

Putnam County (2 books)